Attempts #4, #5, #6 (Pt.1)

There Was An Attempt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t talk to me, I’m mad,” Yeri says with her phone much too close to her face as she lies down in the middle of Joy’s bed spread out like a starfish. Joy snorts, wondering how bad Yeri’s eyesight is.

 

It’s been a day since the unfortunate noraebang incident, and Yeri’s still sulking over it. When they got home last night, Yeri immediately took off to her room and hadn't spoken to any of them until… well, now. Joy isn’t so sure when and why Yeri decided to get out of her room and occupy her bed, but at least she’s talking now, the vocalist muses.

 

But it’s not like Joy can’t understand where Yeri’s coming from. Despite her bravado, the maknae did think those plans through. The amount of times she and Wendy have caught her awake late into the night drafting up scenarios while facetiming Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and consequently Tzuyu-- since they all stay in the same room-- have been countless. Joy sighs at the sight of Yeri rapidly tapping on her phone. She almost snorts when the maknae suddenly throws her phone across the room with a dumb expression on her face.

 

“You’re lying on my bed. In my room,” Joy finally responds as she drops her full weight on top of Yeri, “You don’t get to tell me what to do.”

 

Joy can see Yeri’s phone on the ground from her position on the bed. She wonders how the device isn’t damaged yet, with how many times the maknae’s thrown it around. 

 

“Unnie!” Yeri whines, her voice muffled by the sheets, “Get off of me!”

 

“I’ll get off if you tell me why you’re so mad about this,” Joy says poking Yeri in the ribs. That gets the maknae’’s short arms flailing around to reach for Joy, but she’s clearly in the superior position since Yeri can’t even reach her, “It’s not like you to hold onto things for so long.”

 

“I’m not mad at Joohyun unnie or Seulgi unnie,” Yeri says, “They were doing great. Disgusting, but great,” Yeri adds and Joy snorts again, having seen the live footage directly from Yeri’s phone.

 

Joy finally moves off of Yeri, settling beside her on the queen-sized bed. Yeri takes a deep breath and exhales loudly. The older woman isn’t so sure if it’s because she needed air from being crushed, or if it’s just her exasperation at what happened last night.

 

“I’m mad at Dahyun,” Yeri says finally.

 

“Ah,” Joy nods solemnly, “Yeah, okay. That was bad.”

 

Joy recalls everything crystal clear, she had a front row seat to the whole tragedy after all.

 

 

Yeri’s idea was simple enough: ask Sana to sing a duet with you, she told Dahyun. Joy was sitting by the couch, taking sips of her drink as she watched them discuss. The normally confident rapper only managed to nod shakily as Chaeyoung and Tzuyu mercilessly pushed her into the fray wobbling like a newborn fawn towards Sana.

 

She managed to ask Sana for a duet, but it was clear that she hadn’t thought of what to sing. Shamelessly, Yeri decides for them by snatching the remote and placing Twice’s own song, Say You Love Me on with a -eating grin on her face. She sees Dahyun glare at Yeri, while Sana’s flushes and her smile grows wide.

 

Joy’s laugh almost overpowers the music that comes on when she sees Dahyun’s face, but luckily Sana decides at that moment to pull the younger woman into her own arms. The Japanese woman pulls the microphone out of Dahyun’s hands and drops it on the couch behind them, forcing them to share Sana’s.

 

It’s at this point that Joy reaches over to Yeri for a high five. They both laugh at Dahyun’s reddening face, and she’s sure everyone else finds the scene hilariously adorable with Dahyun’s red face and flaring nostrils as she tries to sing. Sana remains somewhat confident as she holds Dahyun. But Joy can see right through her facade. 

 

Before the karaoke can even finish processing their scores, Tzuyu suddenly comments.

 

“She looks like she’s about to make a run for it,” But Yeri doesn’t hear her. She’s completely vanished from her place on the couch and Joy’s late to realize that Yeri’s already moved to stand in front of both Sana and Dahyun with a wicked grin on her face.

 

Oh n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter