Attempt #1

There Was An Attempt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Seulgi happily accepted Irene’s invite to dinner the day before, the leader’s been overthinking everything about her date. Sure, she and Seulgi may have gone out together to eat so many times in the past, but just the fact that this was going to be in a more romantic context terrified her. Irene didn’t want to lose Seulgi if she didn’t reciprocate her feelings, and decided to just end their friendship right then and there. Even though Irene knew Seulgi wouldn’t do such a thing, that still being a possibility scared her regardless.

 

With a shaky breath, Irene smooths out her clothes in a last ditch attempt to distract herself, and finally enters the restaurant.

 

Her confession is long overdue anyway.

 

 

“Okay, Irene’s in the restaurant,” Dahyun whispers into a mic attached to the collar of her shirt. The dubchaeng duo are hidden discreetly, tucked near the entrance of Jeongyeon’s dad’s restaurant disguised as… oversized succulents. 

 

Yeri couldn’t exactly find better disguises with the time constraints. (The maknae really didn’t think Irene would ask Seulgi out to dinner only a day after she dragged her to Twice’s dorm.) She supposes that her unnies would be too busy to notice them anyway, Yeri thinks as she sends dubchaeng a final thumbs up, trying to find a table that’s far enough from Irene’s spot.

 

When Yeri finally finds a table, she suddenly receives a text from Irene.

 

Mother Irene: can you just get out

Mother Irene: i know it’s you sitting beside those plants

 

Yeri scoffs at the offending messages, texting back about how this was her idea and she has every right to stay as she waves over a waiter with her free hand.

 

“Want anything?” Yeri asks from her earpiece as she flips through the menu.

 

“Wan’ chocolate cake,” Dahyun mumbles out in reply.

 

“I’m getting whatever my bro is getting,” Chaeyoung follows up in a whisper.

 

“Bro,” Dahyun turns-- as much as she could with the restrictive costume-- to look at Chaeyoung with her eyes sparkling.

 

“Bro,” Chaeyoung immediately replies back as they reach for a fistbump, pretending to move in slow motion.

 

“Can you both just--”

 

The door to the restaurant suddenly opening makes the potted rappers jump in surprise, causing the large pots they’re crouched in to shake.

 

“Seulgi’s here!” Chaeyoung aggressively whispers. The amount of static that followed is almost enough to make Yeri go deaf as Dahyun and Chaeyoung try their best to stay balanced in their respective pots.

 

“Copy,” Yeri manages to reply, “I’ll start the music!”

 

With Yeri’s phone hijacking the restaurant’s bluetooth speaker system, (Boomers leave their things so unsecure, and yet they wonder why the kids are able to ‘hack’ into things?) the casual music is changed for a more romantic track. Yeri sees Irene quickly whipping her head to send a glare over to her.

 

Irene just doesn’t know how to appreciate her efforts, Yeri thinks to herself and scoffs when she sees Irene’s reddened cheeks when she finds Seulgi ente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter