001

My Life, My Decision

Exiting out of the gates, a tall, slender, and charismatic woman, who is wearing a sandro brand leather jacket paired with an acne-studio white tee underneath, a black ripped skinny jeans and a pair of golden goose sneakers, walks down the crowded airport with her silver-wheeled suitcase in one hand and her fendi red purse in the other.

( ⬇️ for a better visual ⬇️ )

( ⬆️ for a better visual ⬆️ )

Upon reaching the airport pick up, she is greeted by two men dressed in black suits, black dress shoes, and wearing security earpiece in their right ear. "Miss Huang," replies one of her bodyguards, once greeting her, "long time no see." "They sent you here to pick me up from the airport?" she asks. "Yes m'lady." She scoffs at the disbelief. 'I came back to China to handle my family's and as soon as I arrive, I'm not even greeted by them...great.' "Right this way, Miss Huang." another reply, gesturing to the black vehicle as his partner goes to put away her suitcase in the trunk, "Your family is waiting for you." Without hesitations, she opens up the back passenger door herself, enters the vehicle and waits for the bodyguards to finish their tasks.

Nearly an hour, Miss Huang finally arrives to her humble abode; however, she doesn't seem to be too excited. Circling to the front doors, she gets out of the vehicle and is greeted by the many "fake" smiling servants. "Welcome home, Miss Huang." they all respond, in sync, as she is making her way into the house. Entering through the doors, Miss Huang is led into the living room by one of the older servants and there, she finally comes face to face with her widowed mother and stubborn grandparents (from both sides of the family). "Li Hua," her mother spoke, getting up from her seat, "you're finally here."  "Just cut to the chase." she snaps, "I don't want to waste anytime." "You spoiled brat!" her popo (grandmother from mom's side) shouts, "If you don't wanna waste time, then why bother coming here?!"

"Said the lǎo pó who begged me to come back home."
"You—"
"Li Hua," her g
ōng gòng (grandfather from mom's side) replies,
"it's been five years since you've been here; we've been worried
about you all the time."

"Your gōng gòng is right, dear." her yéyé (grandfather from dad's side) adds, "You've been studying in Europe for a long time and haven't contacted us if you were okay." Li Hua sighs heavily at the situation and answers, "I made the decision to leave this mad house; I didn't want to come back at all." "Then we'll cut to the chase." her nǎi nai replies, "Your father left us a will that is address to only you, Li Hua."

"A will?"
"It's the last thing that we have
of him." her mom explains, walking up to Li Hua and
handing her the envelope.

Li Hua opens up the envelope and finds the will of her father inside. She carefully pulls it out of it's confinement and reads it aloud:

My dearest daughter, Huang Li Hua,

I have bestowed my company, Huang Winery, down to you and only you.
I do not trust anyone else to take care of my business besides you, my daughter.

Huang Winery must be handle with love, compassion, wits and risks.
I know you are capable of doing those on your own and I'm sorry to have you
give up your dreams to take care of our family business.

Sign,
CEO Huang of Huang Winery & Vineyard.

"Bàba..." Li Hua replies, in a whisper. "Now you know why you're here." her popo replies, "Your silly father doesn't want any of us elders to take care of his little winery business."  "And I already said I wouldn't take care of the family business." Li Hua retorts, "He should know that I—"  "But it's already in the will, my dear."  her yéyé reminds, "You can't go against it." Li Hua looks at her father's will once more before looking at the rest of her family. 'I can't run my father's business.' she thought, 'I don't even know the first thing about winery business besides drinking wine myself.' "Look, Li Hua," her mother cuts in, "if you want to go back to your life, then you can walk out of the door right now."

"And what if I don't walk out?"
"Then you'll have to pursue in
taking over the family's business." her g
ōng gòng replies.
"And what if I do walk out?" Li Hua asks, out of curiosity.
"Then your father's winery and vineyard will
be torn down in ashes." her nǎi nai answers.

Li Hua lets out a big sigh and thought, 'If I take over the family business, I can surely find someone to help me with it. Not to mention, I can live on the vineyard besides coming back to this hell of a place.' "I'll take over the family's business for the sake of father." she announces, on the spot, "But if you all—" "Before you can become the owner," her mother interrupts, "we, your family, want you to have a spouse before taking the title of CEO." "Huh?!" Li Hua exclaims, "A s-spouse?! You all can't be serious." All the elders nod their heads, simultaneously, and brought out four more envelopes, out of nowhere, and hands them to Li Hua.

"What are these?" Li Hua asks, in a confused tone.
"The four bachelors whom we chose for you." her mom explains,
"All of them are from good families and have good records."

'Oh sure!' she thought to herself, 'I come back to China to get marry to a complete stranger in order to get my title as CEO; such a classic move here.' "Open up the envelopes and see who they are, Li Hua." her nǎi nai insists, "We want to see them too." One by one, Li Hua opens them up and places the photo of the four bachelors on the glass coffee table from left to right.

Yang Wei Yuan | Zhang Li Jun | Li Dong Hai | Chen Bo Lin

"Yang Wei Yuan...Zhang Li Jun...Li Dong Hai...Chen Bo Lin?" Li Hua questions,

"I have to pick one of these men to be my spouse?!"
*****

[ end of chapter one ]