002

My Life, My Decision

"Yes," her mother replies, "and we will only give you a year." "A year isn't enough for a stable relationship, Mā," Li Hua explains, "I don't even know any of them; how do you expect me to—" "Always complaining, my little sūnnü (granddaughter)." her popo snaps, "We're getting older every day; you're the only heir to our bloodline and our only hope to keep this family alive." "I am not marrying any rich boys for your sake." she insists, "I am moving to the vineyard estate tomorrow morning and you can't stop me." Mad at her family, Li Hua storms upstairs for her bedroom.

Immediately, Li Hua calls her friend, who is still living in Europe, the news about her 'business' marriage. "Fan Xiu Ying," Li Hua replies, "is it possible for you to make it on the next flight?" "Why do I need to come to China?" she asks, while filing her fingernails, "What did your family do this time?"

"It's complicated to explain it on the phone."
"How complicated can it be, Li Hua?" Xiu Ying asks,
"Are they not allowing you to—"

"They want me to get marry in a year, Xiu Ying." Li Hua confesses, "My family already picked out my grooms-to-be and I don't know what else to do besides moving out." "Alright; I'll book a flight to China for tomorrow mroning." Xiu Ying reassures, "I'll see you then." Li Hua ends the call and can only let out a groan. 'I knew that something was fishy when I accepted the offer.' she ponder, 'But at least I get to move out of this place for good.' For the rest of the day, Li Hua began to pack her things into boxes to prepare for her move to the vineyard estate.

The next day, Li Hua comes out of her room, wearing a white blouse paired with denim shorts, white sneaker boots and a long beige-colored cardigan sweater with red accents, carrying her red fendi bag along with her phone and wallet.

⬇️ for a better visual of her outfit ⬇️ )

(
⬆️ for a better visual of her outfit ⬆️ )

"Miss Huang," replies one of the servants, "we've already packed your belongings into the moving van and your personal car." "Tell the moving van to go ahead." Li Hua instructs, "I'll catch up with them." "Yes, m'lady." She turns back to look at her room once more before she heads down for the car. 'I won't be returning here, Bàba.' Li Hua thought, closing the door behind her, 'I'm going where you are.' Making her way back downstairs, Li Hua catches sight of a stranger, who happens to be dressed in a dark sky blue sweater paired with black jeans and black loafers,

⬇️ for a better visual of his outfit ⬇️ )

(
⬆️ for a better visual of his outfit⬆️ )

enter through the front door and head into the living room. "Wèi (hey)!" she exclaims, hurrying down, "Wèi!" The stranger stops in his tracks, turns to face Li Hua and looks at her with a puzzled expression. "Who are you to enter into other people's houses like that?" Li Hua asks, walking up to him, "Do you have a spare key or something?" "The door was actually unlock." he explains.

"But who are you?"
"You don't know me?"
"Obviously." Li Hua said, "If I knew you,
would I be questioning you right now?"
"My apologizes," he replies, "Chen Bo Lin,
founder and CEO of Chen Jewelers."

'Chen Jewelers?' she ponder, 'Never heard of that brand before.' Li Hua clears and then asks, "And are you here to see someone, Chen Bo Lin?" "Chen Bo Lin," Li Hua's mother replies, coming down the hallway, "you're finally here."

"Ā yì (aunt/auntie)!"
"Was the drive okay?" she asks.

Bo Lin nods while giving Li Hua's mom a closed-lip smile. "But I notice a moving van driving out." he replies, "What's that all about?" "My daughter is moving out to my husband's vineyard and winery estate." her mother explains, "She doesn't like living here with us." In the middle of their conversation, Li Hua eventually makes her way out of the mansion, gets into the car and leave the property. "Where is she?" Bo Lin asks. "She's standing right—" Li Hua's mother replies, once realizing that her daughter has left, "there...." Bo Lin turns around and didn't see anyone. 'Could she have been the girl from earlier?' he thought to himself. "Don't waste anymore time here, Bo Lin; hurry to the estate." Li Hua's mother insists, "She'll be surprise to see you."

Driving for nearly two hours, Li Hua finally makes it to her father's vineyard and winery estate, meeting up with the movers.

⬇️ for a better visual ⬇️ )

(
⬆️ for a better visual ⬆️ )

"Miss Huang," replies one of the movers, once she got out of the vehicle, "we'll handle moving everything inside; you can explore the place for the time being." "Are you sure?" she asks, "Don't you—" "We've worked with your father before." another explains, carrying boxes, "So run along; we'll get everything in before noon." Li Hua nods and proceeds to explore the large estate. Roaming among the miles of vines, Li Hua eventually reaches the winery house, away from the main house. 'Everything still looks like it's in good condition.' she thought, looking around, 'It's like he never left.' Just before she could open up the winery's main doors, one of the estate's worker comes running towards Li Hua shouting, "Miss Huang! Miss Huang!" "What's the matter?" Li Hua asks, stepping away, "Why did you have to run?"

"You have guests at the main house." he explains, while panting,
"I don't know who they are; but they're here to see you."
"They?"
"Yes, three of them."

Immediately, Li Hua rushes back to the main house with the worker following behind her.

Upon entering from the back doors, which leads into the main living area, Li Hua sees three men settling on the couches with suitcases on either sides.

⬇️ for a better visual ⬇️ )

(
⬆️ for a better visual ⬆️ )

'How can there be three people here?' Li Hua thought, 'I didn't invite anyone else here.' "Miss Huang," says the estate's butler, Mr. Liu, walking up to her, "were you expecting any guests on your first day here?" "I can only recall coming here alone, Mr. Liu." she explains, "I never mentioned—"  "Huang Li Hua, was it?" asks one of the bachelors, standing up from his sit. This particular bachelor is wearing a white blazer with black accents paired with a black dress shirt underneath it; while wearing a black dress pant and black loafers as well. His hair is slightly parted with a long fringe hanging over his left side.

⬇️ for a better visual of his outfit ⬇️ )

(
⬆️ for a better visual of his outfit ⬆️ )

"Yes?" she asks. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you." he proclaims, approaching her, "Yang Wei Yuan, the heir of Yang Airlines."

"Uh huh?"
"And I don't need to introduce myself, again." Bo Lin replies,
"We've already met before."

Li Hua roll her eyes at his response and turns her attention on the third bachelor. He is wearing a white tuxedo, adorn with a decorative pin on his left side; his hairstyle is gives off a rustic, yet messy hair look but is still professional.

⬇️ for a better visual of his outfit ⬇️ )

(
⬆️ for a better visual of his outfit ⬆️ )

'He's either Zhang Li Jun or Li Dong Hai.' she ponders. "Sorry I'm late." a younger man replies, walking in while taking off his motorcycle helmet, "Did I miss anything?" "Just doing introductions, Li Jun." Wei Yuan explains. Zhang Li Jun is clothed in a white tee underneath a black leather jacket and wears a black leather pants paired with white cowboy boots.

⬇️ for a better visual of his outfit ⬇️ )

(
⬆️ for a better visual of his outfit ⬆️ )

"I'm Zhang Li Jun, heir of Zhang Entertainment." he replies, ruffling his hair, "Li Dong Hai, the quiet guy over there, is the heir of Li Corporation." "I can tell." Li Hua replies, under her breath.

"Where did you want their luggage, Miss Huang?" Mr. Liu asks,
"Should I place them in the spare rooms?"
"They're not staying here, Mr. Liu."
"Why is that?" Bo Lin asks.
"Cause I did not invite anyone to stay here on my
father's estate, Chen Bo Lin." Li Hua snaps, "And I don't know
who is the mastermind behind this misunderstanding."

"It's your mother!!" they all exclaimed.
*****

[ end of chapter two ]