003

My Life, My Decision

"Alright!" Li Hua exclaims, "I only needed one person to say it!" "Miss Huang," Mr. Liu replies, trying to calm her down, "I have nothing to do with your mother; I swear." Li Hua sighs, in frustration, and tries to come up with a plan. 'I have one year to get to know each of these mens.' she thought, 'I have to pick one and only one; that's it.'

"Mr. Liu, bring them one by one to their bedroom."
"Yes, Miss Huang." he replies, bowing.

As Mr. Liu began to take each luggage, Li Hua turns her attention to her four bachelors. "Look," she began, "I know my family wants one of you to marry me; but I'm not interested in—" "Miss Huang," Li Jun cuts off, "none of us are wanting to marry you either." "What?"

"I want my women to depend on me." he explains,
"I don't like a woman who is independent."
"Okay?" Li Hua answers, with a questionable tone.

"Dong Hai, here," Bo Lin jumps in, "he prefers his career more than women." 'Reasonable.' "Wei Yuan wants to find his real parents." Li Jun continues, "And Bo Lin has a secret life beyond the one everyone knows." Li Hua crosses her arm and began to ponder. None of this makes any sense; all of her bachelors don't want to get marry to her all so why is her family forcing them to be apart of this? "Huang Li Hua!" someone shouts, "Huang Li Hua!" Enter in her best friend, Fan Xiu Ying. "We have another guest?!" Mr. Liu exclaims, from the second floor. "This time it's my guest, Mr. Liu!!" Li Hua shouts back. "Okay!!"

Xiu Ying rushes over to Li Hua and replies, "Now tell me the bastards you have to marry." "Wèi!" Li Jun exclaims, catching Xiu Ying's attention, "Who are you to call us bastards?"

"I am Huang Li Hua's friend, Fan Xiu Ying."
"And we are her bachelors." Bo Lin explains.
"Bachelors or not," Xiu Ying continues, "My
friend is never gonna marry any of you."

"Miss," Dong Hai replies, "we—" "Li Hua," she ignores, "let's go somewhere else and talk." Xiu Ying grabs a hold of Li Hua's hand and drags her out to the deck. Dong Hai scoffs at being ignored, gets up from the couch and walks into a different part of the home. "Dong Hai never got cut off before, has he?" Li Jun asks. "I can hear you." Dong Hai answers. "You were meant to hear it." they backfired.

"Is your family crazy or something?" Xiu Ying asks, pacing back and forth, "Why would they make you pick who you want to marry?" "I don't know." Li Hua answers, "Besides the fact that I get to stay here; but I don't know." Xiu Ying sighs in frustration. "I really hate your mom, sometimes." she points out, "Your mom is nothing but a—"

"A ."
"Yes, that word."

Li Hua looks down at her hands and ponders, 'Can I handle all the challenges they throw at me?' "Don't worry about those four mens, Li Hua." Xiu Ying replies, "I will stay here with you." "Xiu Ying—" "Everything will be fine." she reassures, "Besides, I can't let you be outnumbered." 

Later that afternoon, Xiu Ying have gathered everyone into the living room to announce some rules. "As of today," she began, "the six of us are housemates; however, I have some rules to mention before we all can settle in." "Why the rules?" Li Jun asks, "You don't trust us on our own?" "Shut it, motor boy." Xiu Ying replies, "You mens are in the house of the one and only heir of the Huang family; I can't expect any of you to be invading her space." "Speed up the meeting, Ms. Fan." Dong Hai replies, "I have a business meeting in the next hour." "Then no more comments or questions until the end." Mr. Liu replies, "Let's begin."

Five Main House Rules
( according to Fan Xiu Ying, friend of Huang Li Hua )

#1 - do not enter housemate's bedroom without permission
#2 - male housemates will share the hallway bathroom & female housemates
will share the master bedroom's bathroom
#3 - each housemate will provide groceries every two weeks
#4 - no arguements between housemates
#5 - do not contact the Huang family for anything

"Any questions?" Xiu Ying asks. "Why aren't we allowed to contact the Huang Family?" Bo Lin asks. "My family is hoping that I will fail staying on my late father's estate." Li Hua explains, "I am not letting them sell my last memory of him." Wei Yuan stands up from his seat, walks over to the window peering out into the vineyard and asks, "Do you have any background about your family business?"

"I am not continuing my family business." Li Hua replies,
"I do not desire making wine for a living."

"Then you shouldn't stay here." Dong Hai adds on, "If you don't have a passion for your family's business, then you should move back, live with your family and choose one of us to be your husband." "But—" "You can't run away from your decisions, Huang Li Hua." Wei Yuan replies, "You decided to take over the business; so there's no backing out." 'I have no clue about my father's business nor the right education.' she thought to herself, 'But if I have to survive on my promise, then I'll have to do it.'

"Li Hua...."
"I've made my mind."
"And what's your decision, Ms. Huang." Li Jun asks.

Li Hua takes in a huge breath, lets it out and proclaims, "I, Huang Li Hua, will take on the title as CEO of Huang Vineyard and Winery; however, I will only marry the last man who is willing to build Huang Vineyard and Winery from the ground up." "Li Hua!" Xiu Ying exclaims, "Why are you—" "If any of you decline this offer," she continues,

"you are welcomed to walk out of here."
*****

[ end of chapter three ]