Chapter 3

Lingering Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I don’t want to.” Jungkook was starting to grow frustrated at Nara. It was as if the girl was trying his patience. And that was precisely what she was doing. She was doing everything in her power to mess around. She wanted to know how long it would take before he snapped. He deserved some credit though, for she’d been fooling around for half an hour and he was still not freaking out. It was actually their second day practicing. Well. The previous day ended up being filled with arguments. She’d wanted to know of his motive. Because really, there was no way he was doing this free of charge. No way. Humans were selfish and Nara knew there would come a day when he’d ask for something in return. 

 

“I’m not going to dance.” She muttered, the whole ordeal of doing so in front of him made her nervous. Sure this was all about helping each other, but Nara hesitated nonetheless. It wasn’t like she doubted her skills. Well, maybe a bit. The feeling of being made fun of was stronger though, for Jungkook was far more experienced than her. The difference between the two when it came to experience was so strickding it made her uneasy. So much in fact that she wondered whether he would pinpoint every little flaw of hers. 

 

“I’m starting to lose my patience here.” Nara tried to hide the smirk that grew on her lips as she listened to him speak.

 

“Why don’t you wanna to dance? I thought that was the reason you were in the dance department.” He was starting to get pissed off, something she took as a sign to continue. All she needed now was for him to give up. For him to lose it so she could get a new partner. Just a little bit more and Jungkook would snap. Ah, the feeling of victory was bubbling within and Nara looked at him with a satisfying smile as she replied.

 

“I want to dance. Just not with you. And to be honest, I don’t understand why everyone is fawning over you. Like fine, you’re an idol but that doesn’t make you special.” Realizing she’d said a bit too much she slapped a hand over . Certainly not her brightest moment maybe, but there was also some truth to it. They were treating him like he was some kind of superstar. Like he was above them when he was an ordinary student like everyone else. It would be unfair if he was given advantages. 

 

Jungkook had enough.

 

The boy’s eyes darkened and Nara knew she was in deep trouble when he headed up to her, his form towering over the girl.

 

“You’re right. I’m not special. But I’m still a student and I’d like to pass this class.” She blinked several times, stunned over how calm he was, for she’d expected to be yelled at. Heaving a sigh she let her gaze wander along the wall, her mind suddenly contemplating what to say. Nara didn’t want to ruin his grades. But that did also not mean she was going to make it easy on him. Jungkook would have to work just as hard as her.

 

“Fine. But don’t think you’ll be the one deciding everything.” 

 

With that taken care of the two of them began to plan what kind of dance they would perform. Their styles were kind of similar, something that could be an advantage but also a bit of a problem. In other words. Nara questioned how much she would learn from him besides the obvious one. Performing in front of a large crowd. Jungkook was an expert at it and she put her faith in him, that he could help her overcome the obstacle. 

 

The day passed by in a hurry. Such a hurry in fact that they were yet to come up with a routine. 

 

“Why can’t we go with the one I want?” Jungkook groaned in disappointment whilst she rolled her eyes. 

 

“It’s not a nightclub.” The routine he’d suggested was a bit too much. Not only for school, but for her as well. Nara wouldn’t be comfortable performing what he wanted. Plus. His fangirls would most likely not appreciate it seeing her grind her body against his. Especially not in the manner he wanted. 

 

“Why are you so boring?” Jungkook sighed as he let his eyes rest on the younger girl’s body.

 

“Boring? You know what. Fine, let’s go with your ty performance.” She’d had enough of all the arguing, the only thing she wanted was to get started already. One thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter