Chapter 1

Lingering Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweat was pearling down her forehead, her heart pulsating to the beats of the song as she moved her limbs to form the dance routine she’d been practicing the previous two weeks. Nara was a first year student at the department of Dance Art at Seoul National University. Her class had been given exactly two weeks to come up with a choreography they were then supposed to perform in front of everyone majoring in dance. 

 

Nara’s passion in life was dancing. It completed her and she felt the most confident doing what she knew best. So for her to be majoring in dance came as no surprise really. Even in middle school did she know what she wanted. To get into a good university. A university that could help her improve and develop her skills so she could become an even better dancer. 

 

As the song ended Nara bowed before she headed back to her friends, a smile gracing her lips. The girl reached for the bottle of water once she’d placed herself down on the floor. 

 

“You were great up there.” Hyoim, one of Nara’s absolute best friends spoke. Though the girl herself doubted her routine was good enough. Then again. That sort of feeling always lingered after a performance. The feeling of not having done her best. Some of the steps were wrong as well. Most likely as a result of having to perform in front of so many people. It was a weakness of hers. 

 

“Park Hyoim. Your turn.” The teacher announced through the microphone. The woman was standing on the stage Nara just stepped down from. 

 

“Wish me good luck. I’ll cross my fingers and hope Jungkook is watching.” Nara rolled her eyes and shook her head. Hyoim was totally obsessed with that boy. Half the school seemed to be. Well. He was a great dancer. No doubt about that. But seriously, the only reason why her friend had taken such interest in the said boy was because he was an idol. Nara didn’t think Hyoim would've paid him any attention otherwise. Jungkook was after all a senior. In other words. Not in their class. The difference this time around, and why he was present, was because of the yearly dance show. Every first and last year student majoring in dance art had to attend. 

 

Hyoim was an incredible dancer, her body floated around on stage. The girl’s confidence and power whilst performing caused Nara to feel slightly jealous. She too wanted to be like that. To be comfortable on stage with so many people watching. It would take time, but Nara would do her best overcome her stagefright. She had to. 

 

“I did great didn’t I?” Hyoim beamed like a ray of sunshine as she leaped over to her place next to Nara, who nodded her head.

 

“Right. Jungkook saw me dancing. Do you think he liked it?” Hyoim was ranting about the male all the whilst Nara stayed silent and listened. She wondered why her friend didn’t just talk to him. It couldn’t be that hard.

 

“Maybe. I don’t know.” The words came out sounding a lot harsher than she imagined. 

 

“Is he looking at me? Oh god, I hope I don’t look to sweaty.” She rolled her eyes for the second time. Hyoim was acting like Jungkook was the only guy in the world. That he was the one for her. Well. It wasn’t like Nara could say anything about love. Not when her experience on the matter was limited to a childhood crush she’d had years back. But it’d never been serious. More of an admiring from afar kind of relationship. 

 

Just out of curiosity did she slowly turn her attention to the older boy, who sat a few meters away from the two of them and her heart literally stopped when he caught her gaze. Nara’s eyes widened and she shifted her eyes back at Hyoim. Unconsciously did one of her hands reach up to place itself over her chest, as if it would ease the drumming of her heart. 

 

“Can we please leave.” She reached out and grabbed ahold of the other girl’s hand. 

 

“But what about Jungkook?” Hyoim pouted and broke herself free from Nara’s grasp. 

 

“I want to hear what score I got so I’m staying. But you can leave if you want to.” Great. She’d succeeded in making the other girl upset. Nara’s gaze settled on Jungkook again. The look he’d given her gave her the creeps. Like. What if he was some ert or something. She shivered at the thought as she headed for the door. The class had been the last for the day, meaning Nara could go back to her dorm room if she wanted. A dorm room that con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter