Chapter 2

Lingering Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Nara knew something was wrong when Hyoim showed up at her door the morning after. The older girl would never come fetch her before school started. And the look she was given spelled trouble, something was definitely up. 

 

“Guess what?” Nara rolled her eyes at the question, not feeling like playing charades the first thing in the morning. The expression didn’t go unnoticed by Hyoim, who continued.

 

“You are never going to believe it, but everyone from our class is going to be paired up with a senior. Do you know what that means. I could be paired up with Jungkook.” Hyoim’s voice grew in strength with every word, as if she needed to convince herself that it was true. Nara listened in disbelief. She didn’t want anything to do with the older male. Not after her run-in with him. 

 

“What if you don’t get paired with him?” She watched as Hyoim’s smile turned into a frown. It couldn’t be that she thought it was that simple. Nara was sure that pretty much every girl in their class wanted to be paired with Jungkook. Shaking her head she locked the door behind her proceeded down the hallway with Hyoim by her side. 

 

“I’m fine as long as I don’t get paired up with him.” After the previous day she didn’t feel like having that boy as her possible partner. Not because he was bad or anything. But rather because he seemed so full of himself. Like. There was a certain arrogance about him that she disliked. 

 

“Has he done something to make you hate him so much?” Oh here it came, Hyoim’s defend-Jungkook-speech. It’d never worked on her, and it would probably never do. 

 

“I don’t hate him. It’s just that I don’t fancy him like everyone else seems to do.” Nara retorted as she pushed the door to the dance hall open. The sight that greeted her was a mass of people, first year students and seniors spread around on the floor, waiting for the teachers. Nara followed after Hyoim as they moved to take a seat along the wall. As she did her eyes wandered and out of pure coincidence did she catch Jungkook’s gaze. She blinked, not really sure why he was looking at her like that. The voice in her head sounded and she instinctively broke her staring contest with the boy, her heart beating a little faster at the intensity of his gaze. 

 

“So who do you wanna end up with?” Hyoim’s question was one she had no real answer to, and she shrugged in response. Nara didn’t care as much as her friend when it came to a partner as long as it was someone who could help with the awkwardness she experienced when performing in front of a large crowd. 

 

Their teachers stepped inside not long after, thus silencing the students. People were anticipatory of what was to come although the so-called junior-senior dance show was a yearly occasion. Nara too was excited to know if Hyoim was right. Or, maybe they’d changed it this year. Maybe it wasn’t like the previous years. So it was with a heightened interest that she listened to the teachers as they introduced themselves. 

 

“We’ve gathered you here to tell you about the yearly dance show. All seniors have been on the other end of this project before. But now you’re going to be mentoring the new students.” One of the teachers explained and Nara nodded her head, her thoughts already starting to come up with a dance routine, before she listened as another teacher spoke. 

 

“Every group will consist of one person from each class, one female and one male. We’ve already decided the groups based on your weaknesses and strengths. That way you’ll be able to help each other out.” Well. It made sense to have the students help one another. And with her weakness of performing in front of crowds she expected to be teamed up with someone who was comfortable doing s… -. Nara’s body froze and she glanced in the direction of where Jungkook sat. He’s a person who is used to perform in front of a larger audience. Oh god no.

 

“Should we start then. Any questions will be answered after you’ve been divided into groups.” She clenched her fists together whilst she stared at Jungkook. She hoped to be teamed up with anyone besides him. Not Jungkook, not Jungkook, as his name repeated itself inside her head she heard how Hyoim was whispering his name. The difference however couldn’t be more striking as the other girl wanted to be with him. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter