Chapter 4

Unfinished Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Four years ago-

Jungsoo was annoyed that his dad, who was also a doctor in this hospital, kept on nagging him since this morning. He never really wanted to a doctor or anywhere near the medical field. But being born in a family of doctors, he was left with no choice but keep the ‘family tradition’. His father is actually nice he’s just a bit doting and has this tendency to nag a lot. Especially since his beloved son who decided to be a doctor doesn’t actually act like he is serious about it by slacking too much.

So, to cool his head a bit, Jungsoo sneaked out to the hospital roof garden. Spring had just started so despite the morning sun the weather is still a bit chilly. He walked around to find a place to sit or maybe nap a bit. But when he arrived at a bench resting in an outdoor room formed by the walls of bamboo plants, he saw someone who looks like a patient lying on the bench. He immediately assumed that the patient had passed out so he quickly ran towards him.

To Jungsoo’s surprise, the patient is a guy that looks a bit younger than him. He wasn’t actually laying there passed out. The guy was actually listening to music on his earphones with his eyes closed but he is definitely awake as his fingers were tapping rhythmically on the phone on his chest. Jungsoo wouldn’t want to admit it but he found the guy very attractive. His black hair was longer than regular guys but it was his feminine face that stood out the most. His face was pale and milky white but so is his lips. He seems happy laying here but he doesn’t look that healthy to be doing so.

Jungsoo cleared his throat to draw the guy’s attention. However, the earphones were probably blocking all noises so Jungsoo decided to remove it. He leaned in towards the guys face to reach out for one of the earphones in his ear. He gently pulled it out and the guys instantly opened his eyes. At this moment, the first thing that the guys saw was Jungsoo’s face that was intently looking down at him.

The guy was quite surprised so he panicked and shot his body upright. But Jungsoo wasn’t expecting this at all so the guy’s forehead ended up bumping hard into Jungsoo’s chin.

“Agh! I’m sorry. Mr.—ah, um… Doctor.” The guy immediately apologized, rubbing his red forehead vigorously. 

“It’s okay.” Jungsoo replied calmly but was also rubbing his chin. “I’m Park Jungsoo, a medical intern here. What department are you admitted in? Also, you look like you shouldn’t be staying here this time.”

The guy sat normally on the bench and motioned Jungsoo to sit beside him.

“I’m fine Doctor Park, I was actually going back inside a few minutes later if you didn’t arrive. I’m Kim Heechul by the wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter