Chapter 1

Unfinished Business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul knew that he is definitely dead right now. He actually came from his funeral just this morning. What he still doesn’t understand is why he is still here.

He had been lurking around for several days now. He had watched how his family and friends continuously wept for him. It was sad to actually see these himself. But despite the pain and sadness of leaving his family behind, he was actually contented and thankful. After all, his last three years have been more than enough of a blessing. His life that was extended for another three years by his new heart was already enough. He also knew that this made it a bit better for his family to know that despite his short life, it was happy and full.

Now that his funeral was done, he had no more intention of lurking around his family. He initially thought that after that he will just fade out and move on to the next life. But he was wrong, he still remained in this world. He also assumed that maybe the belief on staying for 40 days more after death is true. Again, he was wrong. So, he started roaming around looking for clues or anything that might help him.

One day, he was sitting on the swing of an empty playground at a park. He was spacing out as he played with the sand on the ground with his feet. Then he noticed a guy staring at him from a nearby bench. He stared back to him, thinking that he was just staring into space because he wouldn’t actually see him sitting there. He found this thought silly so he instantly broke into a smile. To his surprise, the guy also smiled while still looking at him.

The possibility that the guy can actually see him made him very excited, so he immediately ran towards the bench to check.

“Can you see me?!” Heechul asked the guy, actually not expecting any reaction.

“Yes.” The guy calmly replied with a smile.

Heechul was indeed shocked. This was the first time that someone was able to see him after he became a ghost.

“Are you a shaman? Or someone who can see ghosts?” Heechul asked.

“Um, no. I’m also a spirit like you.” The guy replied while he tappe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter