--5

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjung looked at herself into the mirror. She was wearing a light brown jumpsuit with white short sleeve on the inside. She also put on a white bucket hat on her head as an accessory. Feeling satisifed with her outfit, she grabbed her black sling bag and exit her room.

She was planning to go out with Junmyeon that day. He showed up to her cafe few days ago and suddenly asked if she was free on weekend. He wanted to spend time with her, he admitted. Minjung was quite surprised with that unexpected request and awkwardly asked him why. "Because you're cute," he answered with smile. To think that she might be really free on that weekend made her agreed to it instantly.

Minjung checked her phone as she felt vibration in her pocket. It was Junmyeon, he'll be arriving in 5 minutes, he said. She casually walked down the stairs when her name was suddenly called. She turned back and saw his father signaling her to come to him for a while. He was sitting on a sofa at the upper living room.

With a heavy heart, she approached the old man. Her relationship with her father has always been bad, at least for this past two years. She claimed that her father controlled her a lot that she would always feel suffocated. He even opened up a cafe for her to make sure she did not wander around everyday after classes.

Minjung sat on a couch across her father. Her eyes then landed on an envelope on the coffee table infront of them. She gulped a few times the moment she saw that. She recognised that envelope. She knew what was inside it. How did he find it though? She could not help but to curse herself in her head for being too careless.

"Open it." he said sternly. She really did not have to open it to find out what it was. The envelope was hers after all. But then she slowly grabbed the envelope and took out whatever was inside. It was 2 pieces of flight tickets. The flight that brought her to Nafplio couple of weeks ago. Minjung slowly put the tickets on the table while just looking down. She knew sooner or later this day would come anyway. "Your stubborness has come to a new level now, huh?" 

Minjung did not answer to that, but instead just stared at her foot. She did not dare to look into her father's eyes. And most importantly, she knew she was wrong for going there alone without telling him. But if she had told him about it, for sure he would forbid her to go.

"What are you looking for there?" his voice was as stern as before but this time he demanded for her answer.

Minjung was hesitated at first. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to come out with a relevant answer. Looking for anything that could help her recover her memories might sound irrelevant to him. And whatever sounds irrelevant to him would piss him off. "I was just.... walking around, no reasons. Just wanted to travel to Europe, that's all." that sounded more absurd, Minjung, she cursed herself.

"Do NOT lie to me." he warned her with his deadly glare. "I told you so many times, Minjung. Do not seek for your forgotten memories. There's nothing good for you to remember after all. Is it that hard to just go on with your life without thinking about the past?" he was now standing up, while turning his body to the wall. He really did not want to be so hard on her but sometimes she could be so stubborn and uncontrollable.

So he knew about it. He knew she went to Nafplio to find her lost memories. He knew there was something special happened on that land before. But he chose to hide it, continuously hiding the truth from her. For what reasons?

"How long are you going to keep lying to me, dad? I deserve to know what happened two years ago and what happened before I got into that accident. It is my life!" this time she did not care if she's rude to her father. She just wanted the truth.

The elder turned to her with that strict frowning face. "Don't be absurd Minjung." he pointed towards the tickets on the table before continued, "I asked why the hell you went all the way to Greece? For what? To look for that BASTARD WHO RUINED YOUR LIFE?!" his voice gradually became louder as he was losing his patience. He even emphatised the last 5 words to show how angry he was with her actions. He was really angry that his eyes were big and his face turned red. He really despised that kid who only brought misery to her daughter's life.

Minjung could not hold her patience any longer, and she too, stood up straight, facing her father. "YES! Because I believe that 'bastard' was one of the good things that ever happened to me before." she answered in one breath, without even stuttering. And again, she was disppointed with her father. He knew all along about her life but never said a dust. "Now if you excuse me." she quickly grabbed her bag and walked out from him. She could hear her father calling her name few times and ignored it. She was glad Junmyeon has already arrived the moment she stepped out of the house.

 

 

Her phone v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter