Why Can't I Say I Love You?

Just Say I Love You...

(Hyoyeon's POV)

"Don't worry.. Hyoyeon is stable now.. Her heart is getting weaker again but she'll be fine.." said a voice. Probably the doctor's as I can smell that medicine smell already. Well, he is right again then.. I had a weak heart. Anything that stress or shocked me can make me faint just like that. And that would probably be the main reason why my mother wouldn't let me stress myself too much. "Thank God she is fine.." said another voice that I really recognized as my omma. "O.. Omma.." I said, trying very hard to open my eyes. It had not hurt before until now. Oh, my head feels like it can explode any moment right now. "Hyoyeon-ah.. You are awake? You do scare the hell out of me?" said omma, quite relieved to see me. But, there is something else that had been playing in my mind. "Omma, Hyukjae--" before I could even said anything, omma had already cut in, looking at the door of the room. "Hyukjae is there.. I'll leave you guys alone, okay?" said omma, looking at the door. And there Hyukjae is, standing at the room, not saying anything at all.

"Hyukkie.." I said, calling for Hyukjae. ""I'm sorry, Hyo.. I--" said Hyukjae before I cut in. "Hyukjae, I'm fin--" before I could even finished, Hyukjae had already pulled my hands. "Don't say you are fine, Hyoyeon!! Don't even say that you are feeling okay!! I could have killed you before just by saying those words!!" said Hyukjae, not even able to lift up his head to look at me. He is crying again, I can tell from his voice. "I'm the one who should say sorry.. I've only make you and omma worried again.. It's not even your fault that my heart is weak, Hyukkie.." I said, touching Hyukjae's blonde hair, consoling him. "Do you know how hard it is for me to think that I'll be losing you? I can't even think of living my life without you, Hyo.. Not ever.." said Hyukjae again, still not lifting his head up. Just hearing those words from him, I have felt really happy about it.. Really happy that I wouldn't know it will be the last day I will saw this blonde haired guy in my life again as himself...


A few years later, in a bridal shoppe...

"Kim Hyoyeon.. Can you please see this dress over here? I don't know if it suits me.." said Gyuri, looking at me. It had been 4 years since the incident between me and Hyukjae that I have already starting to forget about him. And here I am, already becoming a wedding planner and I'm going to plan the wedding of the only daughter of a rich family, Gyuri. "You look stunning in that dress, Gyuri.. I'm sure the groom will love it.." I said, carving a smile on my face. She had look really gorgeous in that dress. "Hyoyeon.. My fiance is coming for his fitting today. I'm sure you'll love him when you see him.." said Gyuri, really excited about it. I could only smiled at Gyuri, sometimes thinking on what would happened when it was me who is there. Just imagining of Hyukjae in that groom suit.. It must be the happiest day of my life just to see that happening. "Excuse me.. Is this the Aithusa Bridal Shoppe?" asked a voice from my back. I quickly turned myself around only to see him again after all these years.. Except that he had changed.. There is no more blonde haired guy who I used to know. Now he is black haired, looking much more mature but there is always that sweet smile that I have been dying to see after all these years... "Hyo.." that is the only word that come out of his mouth at the sight of me..


Weeks later, at the Kim's residence...

"Hyoyeon.. Will you come down for a second? There is someone wanting to meet you over here.." screamed omma from downstairs. I have had enough suprises for one day that I can't even think straight at all right now. I've met Hyukjae after all these years longing and missing for him.. And later I found out that he is getting married to Gyuri.. And I'm still here, loving him for how many years already.. And I can't even find the courage to even tell him that before.. "Hey, Hyoyeon.. You should close the door before you went to sleep, do you know that?" asked a voice, making me a little startled for a while. It was him.. Hyukjae, right in front of my eyes.. "Hyuk.. Hyukjae.. What are you doing here? In my room?" I asked, looking at him. Hyukjae only let out a little chuckle, just like the old him before. "Can't I come and visit my old friend already?" Hyukjae asked, looking at me. Why is he doing this when he is already getting married to Gyuri?

"Hyukkie.." I said, not knowing what to say when Hyukjae suddenly hugged me, not wanting to let go at all. "Do you really think that she is the best girl that suits me, Hyo?" asked Hyukjae all of the sudden. I can hear my self saying no in my mind, not wanting him to go but then my heart just doesn't want to follow. "Hyukkie, she is great for you.. Besides, she loves you and you love her, isn't it?" I answered, feeling like a stupid girl at that moment. "You really think that I'll be happy when I am married to her, Hyo?" asked Hyukjae again, this time looking straight at my eyes. "Hyukjae.. I can't predict the future, okay? But I am really sure you'll be perfect for each other.." I replied, trying to carve a smile on my face. "Why is it so hard for you to just say you love me, Hyoyeon?! Why are you trying so hard to deny that you still love me just like before, Hyo?! How long are you going to lie to yourself about it?!" said Hyukjae, really angry at my reaction. I couldn't even said anything at all to reply his words, only making him get out of the room and leaving me again, just like how he had done before.. Why can't I just said that I had loved him?


A few days later...

I am not feeling really well right now. My heart had started to ache again and there is nothing that I can do to stop the ache. I haven't seen Hyukjae too after that incident. I had been so silly just to see that he had always loved me. And I can't even say that I loved him at all.. Why is it so hard to say those three words to him? I had never seen him hurt like that before.. How I had felt so stupid just to do that to the one I had loved.. I can't even forgive myself for that.. "Hyoyeon.. There is a phone call for you..." called omma, knocking on my door. I went to the door slowly to open it and saw omma standing there, a worried expression on her face. "Hyo, your face is pale.. Are you sure you are okay?" asked omma, looking at my face. "Gwenchana.." I said, taking the phone from omma...


Author's Note~ Next will be the ending.. ^_^