Quarto

Rain: for You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last raindrops meeting the concrete outside. The refreshing air coming by the window hitting the curtains, gently moving them to made its way inside the slightly hotter room.
The spacious apartment begin the shelter for the souls and emotions of the woman inside as they uncover themselves little by little. The melody slightly fading in the night as the fingers of Jinsoul swayed on the keyboard lowly ending her song. Jinsoul worked hard on this song and as much she wanted to not remember the events that happened in the past she couldn't help herself to be nostalgic and how, despite the unfairness and mistreatment she endured, her life as solo singer was overall the best experience that could have happen in her life and she would never regret her decision: she was unexperienced but learned a lot, she struggled but was still met by the love of her fans -if she had to think about it, she actually felt bad for leaving her fans but after the announcement of her retiring they kept on supporting her as well as her choices plus hoped to see her in the near future and, to be frank, she was already thinking about it so there laid the biggest part of the reason why she moved here in the center of Seoul.
As she slowly relaxed on her sit she pointed her head towards the covered glass door realizing the cold air kept on coming in. She was about to stand up when she acknowledge that her guest was still there laying in her bed and that since she ended the song she didn't gave any response of her being in the world of the awaken so the older girl carefully stood up and as silently as she could, checked on the blonde that was indeed collapsed on her bed, head inclined towards her left side, neck exposed and slightly glossed. She didn't know how the blonde was actually sweating since the temperature in the room wasn't higher than usual -Jinsoul keeps the window slightly open before going to bed exactly for avoid this kind of situation but most importantly she didn't exactly know when the girl could have fallen asleep. Sure, for listening to her song she imposed her to lay down, eyes closed so to better focus on it as it was one of her habits but Jungeun accomplished nonetheless also sounding more then awake the moment before she started playing and she talked normally to her like she just entered her place.
Jinsoul looked at the uneven rise and fall of the body in front of her and that's when it clicked.
The black haired sensed the guilt starting to creep up on her and for that same reason she let Jungeun be; she better positioned on the bed the body of the blonde and put a cover on her, she scooted a bit of her hair from her face and thought that maybe, even though the younger girl ended up falling asleep, she felt a bit less guilty and especially grateful knowing that despite all the tiredness in her body Jungeun accepted the dinner invite and tried her best to stay up even during the short show they pulled up last minute.
Jinsoul trusted Jungeun. She knew she was a good person and knew that after all, she couldn't ask for a better neighbor and now friend.
After closing the glass door, with the soft light still on, she made her way out of her room leaving the door ajar, she went to the living room preparing herself to pass the night on the couch: to be honest she was tired as well so even if the sofa might was big it wasn't exactly the same as a bed.

She took her time to tidy up and put everything else back on its place then went to wash the dishes while she thought about the events of the night: she noticed that when she first interacted with Jungeun on the stairs, the girl had the face of someone having a space mission with her brain -a really cute face she would add; during the night she didn't talk much but was still appreciated both as listener and company and she definitely going to ask the other girl if they could see each other more often. 

Jinsoul she ended the dishes and whipped her hands, took a glass of water in the silence of her place that was however broken. Just for a second she heard a sound: maybe she was only tired and it didn't seriously happen but it came once again, a bit louder than before -if the house had some kinda of music in the background she would have probably missed it again yet now she was sure that sound was some sort of whimper and it was loud enough to fill her living room and the kitchen she was currently standing. She widened her eyes when she realized the whimper came from her room meaning something might been happening to Jungeun. As fast as she could she reached her room, panic and worry filled her mind -she would never forgive herself if anything happen to Jungeun, whatever its big or small.

She opened the door of her room and all seemed normal as when she left it before so she diverted her attention to the body on the bed: if she blinked she wouldn't have noticed it but as she slowly walked towards the bed she watched as Jungeun was indeed moving in little spasms, her face looked in pain and was also sweating; from came a little cry she heard before too but now it seemed like her breath got stuck in . Her spasms started to be more frequent and bigger and that was as a signal for Jinsoul that in fact put her hands on the blonde's shoulders to block her sudden movements. The contact slowly seemed to work as the body of Jungeun started to relax under her touch: Jinsoul seated near her while one of her hands moved some blonde hair that for the sweat were stuck on the forehead of the younger -the sweat on her body, however was still inexplicable for Jinsoul especially since as put her hand on her forehead she noticed that the girl didn't have any kind of fever. 

With motherly care she moved more hair from her face, don't minding the sweat anymore.

The beautiful face of the younger was now visible and she took notice that at every Jungeun was calming down, ever since the moment she was seated near the girl. Jinsoul chuckled.

 


Since when I have this effect on people?


 

The black haired girl thought: firstly she put them on sleep and then calm them from whatever they have. Incredible. The breaths that came out from Jungeun were back to normal and she looked more peaceful then before however she didn't know what the hell just happened to her and was still worried it could happen again that's why she didn't want to leave her yet.

With a sign, she made up her mind.

Before anything else she needed to take care of the blonde hence she took a cloth and whip away the sweat Jungeun had on her face and neck with delicate hands, light as a feather so to not wake her up; she set it aside, made her way to the wardrobe and change herself into her pajamas. With a deep breath in, she slipped into her bed near the the other girl just enough. At first she felt a bit uncomfortable but it's not like she didn't do it in the past, when she was little so she tried not to think about it too much. Jungeun still seemed so peaceful s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter