Secondo.

Rain: for You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks went on and Jinsoul had perfectly settled in her new apartment, sometimes inviting Sooyoung and Jiwoo over. Jungeun didn't have much time to hang out but was still happy about the girl and in the few times of crossing each other on their floor or near the entry, waves of hand and smiles out of politeness always crossed the two... but to be extremely honest Jungeun didn't want to be near the new acquaintance: she was trying to avoid her as much as she could because the ping she felt in her heart back that day wasn't the easiest thing to explain, neither were the sudden warmth on her cheeks and the inability to function properly despite the coffee. It might or might not been true that she didn't have time to hang out but she surely had the time to think about her: from the first time when Jungeun first landed her eyes on the black haired girl, Jungeun's mind was filled with the black haired girl most of the time. Why she was in her thoughts? She didn't know; why she suddenly felt shy by only looking at her? No idea but most importantly: were all those strange things she felt, normal? Should she feel like this?

 


'Is this how love at first sight is? No! Please. It couldn't be that: it was the first time meeting her, right?'

 


Perhaps Jungeun thought about it so much, maybe too much: could she really fall in "love" just like that? And with a stranger? It was probably some kind of admiration...
Yes. Jungeun tried to convince herself that it was indeed something like admiration: just a tiny fondness that would be out of her way with the time. Maybe.


Despite those tormenting thoughts, the smiles by both parts were there anyway: some smiles sincerely filled with joy, other were exhausted due to the weight of a tough day on their shoulders and it was in one of those casual meetings at the door that Jinsoul decided to at least talk to Jungeun because, strangely enough, since she was there not once she had the opportunity to properly thank the blonde for the help given.
It was night time, the usual rain covering the view of the grey road; the usually animated city center was lived by the occasional people, that were coming and going somewhere -judging by the time mostly returning to their warm houses and families; one of them being Jinsoul that was on her way back with some grocery in one hand and umbrella in the other

 

'Jungeun! Jungeun, wait!'

 

Jinsoul from the road saw the blonde walking up to the main entrance leading to the stairs of their complex. Upon hearing the voice, Jungeun turned around and saw Jinsoul hurriedly approaching her -the more closer she got, the more Jungeun didn't know how to act. Her heart started beating even faster than usual when the taller girl came in front of her and she knew somehow it was just the beginning and that it wasn't going to be a short conversation. 

 

'Ehy Jungeun, how you doing?'

 

Jungeun felt the light blush creeping up her cheeks but tried anyway to be calm and talk

 

'Ehy...umh.. Fine I guess? Just tired. What about you?'

 

Jungeun started fumbling with the keys and opened the door for the both of them, Jinsoul thanked Jungeun and closed the door behind them

 

'I'm fine too. Just made some groceries'

 

'Oh, cool'

 

'Yeah... cool'

 

The awkwardness slowly started enveloping them and after that only the sound of their footsteps was heard, the duo ascending to their floor. The building they were living was probably the smallest one around the area with just three floors plus the rooftop; each floor divided in different number of apartments, changing from size and use of the place. Jinsoul's apartment, as well as Jungeun's, was at the third floor being medium to big in size but strangely cheap in rent.
Really a blessing living there.

 

'Are you coming back from work, Jungeun?' 

 

Jinsoul asked at half their route; she didn't want to end the conversation just yet.

 

'Actually yes, and I'm so tired I'm probably going straight to bed' she sighed.

 

The sound of her words as they came out were definitely full of tiredness and Jinsoul felt bad for even disturbing her.

 

'Wait a minute! Aren't you going to eat something?' She couldn't help but ask, surprise and worry present in her voice.

Taken aback Jungeun turned to look at the taller girl. She shrugged 

 

'Yeh... probably. Or I'll just eat the first thing I can find' 

 

They made it to their floor and were in front of the blonde's condo: Jungeun opened the door moving for make her way in but looked at Jinsoul just before stepping in

 

'Well... so, that's it. It was really nice to... exchange some words with you Jinsoul!'

 

Jungeun beamed with a small smile but Jinsoul was still looking at her with worry written all over her face; something else filled her eyes too but Jungeun wasn't in the mood to search for meanings nor she was mentally stable to keep looking in those melting chocolate orbs, she even noticed how her skin was so clear too - is that a scar in between her eyebrows? 
A tiny giggle interrupted her inspection and her focus was back on Jinsoul and her voice.

 

'Earth to Jungeun. Did you even heard me?'

 

Jungeun with embarrassment looked anywhere but the tall girl, warmth filled her face instantly but seconds later landed her eyes back on her again: Jungeun's hand was gripping the doorknob for dear life because she couldn't handle how Jinsoul make her feel this weak and excited at the same time without an apparent reason. Also... that jawline...

 

'Uhm... yea- sorry. Y-you were saying?'

 

Jinsoul smiled at Jungeun once again and lifted the little plastic bag in front of her. Jungeun lifted an eyebrow at that, not getting why she should be interested on what Jinsoul just brought 

 

'I said that since we haven't met for more than a minute until today, I would love to have you for dinner so I can properly thank you for helping me the day I moved here.' 

 

Despite sporting a smile on her face, internally Jinsoul was a bundle of nerves, worried she may get rejected: she was alerted that Jungeun won't leave her house unless is for work or for Jiwoo's request and it was evident that Jungeun was hoping to be already asleep by now but Jinsoul really hoped to thank this girl so before Jungeun could give an answer she added

 

'This way you can eat properly: it's not healthy to skip a meal, you know? So... what do you say?'

 

Jungeun made a face, as if in thinking about it, while she shifted her weight from one foot to the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter