004

See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exhilarated. Contented. Blissful.

Never in her life did Eunbi felt like she was on top of the world till recently. She spent her youths studying till late nights, missing out all the funs that she should be enjoying at that age just to be the top student in the school and make it to the police force.

She's always on her feets, tensed and alert.

She was used to be independent. To be strong and firm. 

But who knows, she could turn into a big baby just because of one girl?
 

"Where are you going? Don't go..." 

If Hyewon or Yena were to see how she's acting right now in her bed, begging a robber not to leave, Eunbi could already picture them throwing her endless teases. Maybe secretly dating Chaeyeon might be a good thing.

Having secrets can be pretty thrilling. 

 

"Stay with me."

Eunbi whined, snuggling closer to the human bear beside her. Arms circled around the taller's waist possessively and legs over Chaeyeon's trapping the latter in her bed. 

"C'mon, Eun. We've been cuddling for the past 3 hours. I'm getting hungry." Chaeyeon laughs, placing sweet kisses ontop of Eunbi's crown. A clingy Eunbi was the last thing Chaeyeon expected she would get. But she wasn't complaining.

It's cute.

Eunbi is adorable. 

 

Though she still wants to be close to the taller girl, Eunbi knew that Chaeyeon was right. After their little short date, the couple grew tired of shopping and decided to spend the rest of their afternoon spooning each other in Eunbi's apartment while sharing their stories, learning more about each other.

 

"Okay, you're right." Eunbi sighs with a small pout. 

"We will cuddle again after getting our tummy fill." Chaeyeon giggles and kisses the pout away before leaving the bed, with Eunbi hurriedly following behind.

The thief stopped in her tracks and shake her head in disbelief when she felt a familar arm around her waist and a chin tucked on between her neck and shoulder. 

"You know," Chaeyeon mused, caressing the hand laying on her front, "I never pegged you as the whinny touchy type of girlfriend. I thought you would be cold and I would be the one asking for hugs and cuddles. Turns out you are way attached than me." 

 

The older girl says nothing and Chaeyeon felt her stiffen for a second.

Did she say something wrong? 

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" 

"Did you just...." Eunbi spun her around, eyes glimmering. "Did you just say 'whinny touch type of girlfriend?"

 

Ever since the confession night in Chaeyeon's apartment, both of them started seeing each other. They were open. Sharing stories and more about themselves. Kisses and hugs came naturally. They enjoyed each other's presence but none brought up wanting to be official girlfriends. 

Its been barely 2 week since they took their relationship to another stage and Eunbi was worried that it might be too fast for them. But there were many instances where she badly wants to claim Chaeyeon as hers and ask her out officially. Yet, doubts stopped her. 

While Eunbi didn't want to push Chaeyeon to put a label in their relationship, Eunbi was also certain that Chaeyeon is the one for her. She have been hinting Chaeyeon, wanting to be official but the younger girl seems to always avoid talking about the subject.
 

"W-What?" Chaeyeon laughs awkwardly and avoided Eunbi's gaze, "I-I didn't. You heard it wrong." 

"You should wait at the living room. I will be quick." 

Obviously, Chaeyeon was trying to move on and that frustrated Eunbi. Why couldn't Chaeyeon just be straight-forward and honest with her? 

 

"Chae. I want to us to be official."

Eunbi blurted out honestly, "I know its been only 2 weeks ever since we start going out. But this feeling I have for you is strong and real. I don't want us to spend the rest of the remaining days like that." 

She wasn't going to allow Chaeyeon to skip this topic again. 

"Eun, didn't you said you don't mind us having without a label?"

"That was 2 weeks ago! Things are different now." Eunbi aruged, "Do you not want us to be official? What holding you back? I don't get it. Things are going so well and I have never been this happy before. Do you not feel the same?"

 

The taller girl engulfed the upset girl into her arms to soothe her, "I feel the same. I've never like someone so much before. Trust me."

"Then why?" 

"I...I...ugh." Chaeyeon struggles to get the words out of her lips and that worries Eunbi. 

"Tell me." Eunbi pressed on, "I think I deserve to know, right?" 

 

Chaeyeon looked down on her feet with a hunched shoulder.

 

"It just that. I don't have the courage to." Chaeyeon explains, "I'm... going to jail soon and I don't know if its fair to you if I ask you to be my girlfriend. I don't want to tie you down and make you wait. I don't even know how long will I be in jail. What if I'm sentenced to 10 years? I'm not going to ask you to wait for me. That would be selfish of me."

The frown on Eunbi's brows deepen the more Chaeyeon rambles off explaining herself. 

 

"Chae, I told you." Eunbi says, sincerely, "I will wait for you till you're out. You're the one for me. Besides, I already told you I will have the best lawyer to fight the case for you. Yes, you did something wrong. But its because you were instructed and forced to do so. I'm sure you will get lighter punishment. Don't be so negative will you?" 

 

"Then what would you like me to do?" Chaeyeon sighs, bringing her forehead together with Eunbi's and stared lovingly into her dark orbs.

 

"Ask me." Eunbi closes her eyes, "Ask me to be yours officially. That's what I want."

Eunbi patiently waited. 

She heard Chaeyeon drew in a deep breath.

 

"Will you be my girlfriend, Kwon Eunbi?" 

Finally.

Eunbi's lips split into a huge grin.

 

"Yes, I will." Eunbi beams and immediately wrapped her arms around Chaeyeon's neck, slightly tipping toe to reach out for the taller's lips. Kissing her sweetly, to seal the deal. 

 

"I love you, Lee Chaeyeon."

"I love you too." 

 

 

•••

 

Awful. 

That's what Eunbi felt when her back hit against the steel railings after a strong shove. Ignoring the pain, Eunbi was quick to recover and grabbed her targer's arm, twisting it and attempted to get her revenge by shoving his front against the wall and handcuff him. 

However, the criminal was a second faster and recognised her moves. He swung his leg out and tripped Eunbi over. Caught off guard, the red-haired fell flat on the ground. 

 

"Oh?" 

Eunbi badly wants to wipe off that disgusting smirk away from him.

"Aren't you Kwon Eunbi?"

 

How did he know her? 

 

Dismissing that thought, Eunbi attempted to spring up and attack the guy again but failed when he once again pushes her down to the ground.

"Tell Lee Chaeyeon to watch out." 

 

At the name, the detective's body stopped functioning. Her limps froze up and she couldn't do anything other than watching the man in his 40s slipped away from her fingers, attempting to run away. Fortunately, she wasn't alone. Yena and Nayoung ran after the criminal while Hyewon stayed behind to help her leader up.

 

"You alright?" 

It would be a lie if Eunbi said she was. 

Afterall it wasn't a soft push and tackle but it was extremely humilitating. Giving the younger a reluctant nod, Eunbi pushed herself up from the ground while biting down the groans threatening to growl at the soreness on her back and the sharp pains around her ankle.

The detective knew she must have twisted soemthing. But it's not the priority now. She needs to catch the criminal on the run and find out what's his relationship with Chaeyeon. 

 

"You're lying." Hyewon furrowed her brows and placed her hands on Eunbi's ankle, pressing the muscle lightly.

"Ouch!"

"You twisted your ankle." Hyewon deadpanned.

Eunbi glared at her teammate, "I'm fine! Just go catch that stupid robber. Ugh, he will pay for this!" 

"Chief Nayoung and Yena will take care of him, trust them. We need to check you up first. " Hyewon insisted with a cold glare that even Eunbi was intimidated.

Giving in, the leader nodded and allowed Hyewon to guide her to the police car. Eunbi sighed heavily while Hyewon called Yena to update them about Eunbi's condition. 

"They caught Kim Chanhyun." Hyewon informed, ending the call with Yena. The older woman merely nodded her head and stared ahead as Hyewon stepped on the engine.  She wasn't in the mood to talk now. 

 

"What's wrong with you the whole afternoon? You seem distracted."

Yena and Hyewon noticed how their team leader have been staring into space the whole morning with a grumpy expression. It wasn't like Eunbi to allow a mere skimmy robber to attack her back so easily. Obviously the detective wasn't in her best condition. 

The shorter woman ignores her friend's question and looked out of the window. 

 

"Let me guess." Hyewon snorted, "Lee Chaeyeon?"

A proud smirk etched across the black-haired lips when she saw how fast Eunbi snapped her head towards her from the rear-mirror. 

"W-What?"

Hyewon scoffed and shook her head, "Do you really think that you can hide things away from Yena and I?" 

"There's something on between you and that thief right?"

"How did you guys know?" Eunbi sighs and admitted easily, knowing that there must be something that Hyewon find out for her to be so confident about her answer. 

 

"You looked happy these days." Hyewon commented, "Yena and I were curious so we kind of stalked you the other time you went to Gangnam with her." 

"You guys stalked me?!" 

Eunbi shrieked, "Why did you tell me that you guys know! It was so difficult for me to hide these for 3 weeks!" 

 

"Wait. You guys have been together for 3 weeks already?" Hyewon arched a brow, "and you didn't bother telling us about it?" 

"I mean..." Eunbi pouted. 

"What? You are scared that we will judge because a detective is dating a thief she's not suppose to fall for?"

 

If her hands weren't busy driving, Hyewon would have took out her phone to snap a picture of a rare blushing Eunbi. It was the first time Hyewon seen such expression on Eunbi and she knew that the older girl was happy with Chaeyeon with how they were talking and interacting with each other the other day she saw them together during their date in Myungdong. 

 

"We saw you guys having a date at a cafe. Did you not see how she was looking at you as if you were her whole universe?"

"She did?"

"Oh right, you were stuffing your face with the plate of pasta." Hyewon laughs, "But hey, food always come first. I understand that."

"Shut up!" Eunbi slapped the latter's arm.

 

"So why you have been grumpy the whole morning?"

"I am not grumpy!" Eunbi retalitated. 

"Yeah right, look at the mirror before talking."

 

Eunbi huffed. 

 

They were officail girlfriends now and though they didn't meet up everyday because of Eunbi's work and Chaeyeon being busy with her sisters, they still made sure to send at least a text to one another three times a day. But today, Eunbi did not receive any good morning text or 'have you eaten lunch?' text from the thief. Which made Eunbi upset. Her texts were all not read as well. 

Eunbi knew that Chaeyeon were hanging out with Chaeryeong and Chaemin today but still, a text would be enough for Eunbi to last through the whole day.

 

"It's something small." If she were to be honest with Hyewon, she knew that the latter would not let her out of this car alive without throwing her teases. She rather keep it to herself instead, "It just me being me." 

"Geez. So secretive." 

 

"But still." Eunbi pursed her lips and glanced at her friend, "Are you not going to stop me from dating her or something? Like what you say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter