Chapter 002

Unraveling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 002

࿐ྂ

We were panting, our breaths ragged when we took a split second to look at each other. Damn, the universe should forgive me for how much I wanted him right now. My head was throbbing and my thoughts were all over the place. How could I want him this bad was unexplainable, unreasonable even? I pulled him again wanting him to continue kissing me. I felt his smile on my mouth and for some reason, it turned me even more. This time, he kissed me slowly and needy. He played with my lips, nibbling them and it felt so damn good, it turned my knees to jelly. He must have felt how it made me weak, he lifted my legs and circled them around his waist. He pushed and pinned me against the wall and the friction my back was creating with the concrete wall was sending my thoughts all over the place.
 

I just had to extend my hand and hold on to something before I collapse. My fingers held on to something soft and fluffy sending my forehead creasing. I instantly wondered how the concrete wall turned into something soft. My eyes flew opened and was instantly welcomed by my apartment ceiling. I held my breath, my mind suddenly in chaos as I sat up. I spaced out and blinked my eyes a few times as I internally ask myself what the hell was that dream about.

Not even half a second into trying to figure things out, a throbbing pain emanated from my head making me flinch. I lifted a hand to where it was aching and massaged that part gently when I noticed my dress. It was the same black dress I was wearing last night.

WAIT-

So, it wasn’t a dream? Did I have a one-night stand with that man??? I jumped off my bed and I searched my entire room for any clue that I did have a thing with him. I checked the corners of my bed but did not find anything that didn’t belong to me. I headed straight to the bathroom and then to the living room of my flat but found nothing weird.

I let out a sigh of relief before making my way to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and saw how much of a mess I was. My hair was disheveled, my lips pale, and my eyeliners were a little smudged as if I cried or something. Yes, I definitely seemed like a mess and I think that was understandable since my whole life was a mess anyway.

My life-
My eyes grew wide, WTF!!

I ran back to my room and immediately darted my attention to my digital clock on the bedside table and yes, WTFH! It’s 10:37 AM. My heartbeat doubled, and my mind was bombarded with the thought that I was going to run late for the client presentation which was at 11:30 AM.

I went back to the bathroom as if I was running for my life. Stripped the black dress off my body and jumped into the shower. I tried to finish everything in under ten minutes, my skin red from the hurried brushing that I had to do.

It took me thirty minutes to finish getting ready. I wore the khaki blazer, paired it with a satin beige-like inner, and loose trousers that matched my blazer. With my laptop and purse with me, I slipped on my white heels and dashed out of the building.

My hair was still a bit damp and my make-up undone when I stood in front of the building to get a cab. I thought it was better to commute than drive to work today. At least I would have the time to fix my hair and do my make-up while traveling. However, while trying to hail a cab, all the ones passing in front of me were all occupied, I was about to lose my head.

“Now where are the ing cabs?” I hissed, fidgeting with my finger. “My boss is going to kill me, ugh.”

Wanting to check the time, I fished for my phone from my purse which made me realize that I did not bring it with me. I exhaled harshly knowing that I could not afford to go back inside to get it.

“Can this day get any worse, damn it?” I gently hit my head with a fist.

I looked up just in time a cab slowed down near where I was. I made hurried steps towards the cab, feeling a bit thankful when I saw a guy run for it. I ran hoping to get to it first but these stupid heels were a burden. I watched how the guy got inside the cab and closed the door before me.

“YAH!” I yelled.

I exhaled harshly once more as I brushed my hair up in frustration. I wanted to check the time but guess who forgot to wear her watch too. I bit my lip wanting to scream.

“Son Hayeon, you stupid! Of all the days you could have gotten drunk…” I kept blaming and scolding myself when I heard someone in.

“Looks like you need another drink.”

It was a man’s voice, the one that was slightly familiar but not really. However, I did not dwell on that thought any longer as my mouth opened to rebut right away.

“You think this is funny?” I fired back, as I turned around ready to glare at the owner of the voice.

The way I had to stop glaring as I stopped breathing for a second to find out who he was. The exact dream I had earlier went flooding my thoughts. Could this be real? T-this was the guy, the one from the bar last night.

I swallowed as I focused on him. He was standing next to his sleek, black car. He was wearing a casual outfit. Dark jeans, a white shirt paired with a black bomber jacket, and some white sneakers. His black hair was subtly styled making me remember how good-looking he actually was.

“Do you need a ride?” His manly voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I saw how he raised an eyebrow at me as if anticipating my reply.

“No,” I responded, lying as I turned around to hide my slowly heating cheeks.

What the hell was he doing here? My rattled thoughts managed to ask.

“Really?” I heard him and I swear I could picture a smirk on his face as he said it. “Cuz it seems to me like you’re about to lose your any second from now.”

Facing him once more, he was leaning against his car and I was proven right when I saw the corner of his mouth raised in a smirk. And my god, I couldn’t believe myself having some time to admire this man’s beauty when I was certain that I was going to lose my job if I stay here another second. I checked the road for cabs but at this point, it was hopeless to get one.

I took a deep breath as I mustered every ounce of courage I have left before I turned to him. He looked at me with an unreadable expression on his face but he was sure waiting for me to say something. I walked hurriedly towards him and stopped next to him.

“Listen… Mister…” I trailed off, not remembering his name.

Did I even know his name in the first place?

“Baekhyun.” He told me.

“Mister Baekhyun-” I just had to pause when I saw him chuckle as he shook his head as if I said the most ridiculous thing ever.

“That sounded so 17th century.” He commented.

I was well aware that he was mocking my choice of words but I shrugged it off because the clock was ticking.

“Anyway, what I’m trying to say is I’m not that kind of girl,” I told him but closed my mouth when he signaled me to stop talking.

He then left his spot to go and open the door of the passenger’s seat as if wanting me to get inside.

“Why don’t we do the talking inside instead?” He suggested as he checked the time on his watch. “You are running very late.”

OH MY GOD.

“Of course I am,” I answered in defeat as I made hurried steps toward the passenger’s seat.

In a matter of time, he was next to me inside his car. I could instantly smell his perfume which filled my senses the next second. That and the way his car smells amazingly clean and nice. Thankfully, he did not waste any time and asked for the address. As soon as I gave it to him, he started to drive.

I only felt a bit conscious for a minute before I totally shook it all off. Without a word, I took my make-up kit out and struggled to apply my make-up. I could feel him glancing at me while I was busy doing it but I had to ignore it or I’d completely lose my focus.

“So, you’re not that kind of girl huh?”

His question made me pause in the middle of applying my lipstick. I met his eyes and I could sense that he was trying to imply something here. My attention darted to his mouth as his lips slightly parted, his eyes on the road at the moment.

“Which kind?” He asked once more, throwing me a glance.

I forced myself to get a grip and finish my lipstick before I cleared my throat.

“Well…you know…” I shrugged, hating how I was put in a tight situation like this. “THAT,” I emphasized, hoping he’d get it.

He tilted his head for a bit as he chuckled at my response. My eyes saw how his fingers gripped the steering wheel and I had a flashback of how his hands felt holding my legs in that dark alley.

The urge to ask him if we did it was strong but I wasn’t prepared for the answer. I went to fix my hair to distract myself, trying to dismiss the thought that I was in here with him right now.

“So, are you ready for your client presentation?”

I paused to give him a look of confusion, questions flooding my mind.

“Wait. How did you know about my presentation?” I asked as some more realizations hit me. “How did you know where I live by the way? Do you know my name?”

He chuckled and I swear I hated how he looked insanely good when he did that.

“First, you told me, no, actually you ranted about your job, your boss, and your presentation for a whole hour last night. Second, are you telling me you forgot how you were able to get home last night?”

There went that eyebrow raise again.

“And third, yes Son Hayeon.” He added in a matter-of-fact tone.

A small gasp escaped my mouth when he said my full name.

“Please don’t tell me I shared 50% of my life already,” I stated, feeling embarrassed.

He shrugged at me which made me feel more ashamed.

“Oh god,” I muttered. “I wouldn’t even be surprised if you already know how messed up my life is at this point.”

I heard him let out a small laugh and I refused to even look at him this time.

࿐ྂ

We arrived in front of my workplace, however before I could even get out, he told me something that made my brain lag right away.

“You owe me something.”

I looked at him in confusion for a second before I got what he meant.

“Oh, the ride. Uhm, I’d…I actually left my phone at home so I cannot do an online transfer, do you accept cash-”

I had to stop talking when he intercepted me.

“I’m not a hired driver.”

He sounded a bit offended making me feel a bit guilty.

“I mean you owe me something from last night.”

My whole system was in chaos. WHAT DID HE MEAN I OWE HIM SOMETHING FROM LAST NIGHT?

“So, is that why you’re here?”

He nodded with a cocky smile on his face.

That expression. My god, did I promise him that we do it some other time apart from last night? Assumptions filled my mind but I couldn’t really pick which one was the most probable.

“Okay,” I muttered, giving in. “Give me your card or something, I’ll call you,” I told him. “As you can see, I’m just really in a hurry right now.”

I saw him take his wallet from the back pocket of his jeans before he handed me a card. I took it without even giving it a look. I got out of his car and walked a few steps away but I kept dwelling on the thought that something must have happened between us. I went back to his car, stood in front of the driver’s seat, and knocked on the window. He rolled the window down and met my eyes right away.  

“Did something happen between us?” I sounded so concerned and bothered by it, it was evident in my tone.

He gave me a look, a subtle smirk tilted his head away before looking back at me.

 “A lot happened between us, Miss Hayeon.”

I knew he intentionally called me Miss Hayeon because of the Mister Baekhyun thing earlier. I sighed, starting to get annoyed with his behavior.

“I mean, did we do it?”

He looked at me blankly as if wanting me to specify it. And I hated how I had to do, so I took a deep breath, and pressed my eyes closed.

“The ,” I emphasized with gritted teeth.

“Ah.” He muttered, “Oh that.” He added, faking the realization in his voice.

“C’mon, YES OR NO?!” I unconsciously stomped my feet.

“Call me.” He answered, with a cocky smile on his face.

“Ugh, you’re unbelievable!” I hissed as I stepped away as he started to roll the window back up.

“See you Miss Hayeon.”

His sarcasm was so obvious, I hated it. And I also hated the fact that I had to walk away and make my way inside the building.

I was panting when I reached the 23rd floor which was where our office was located. The clock at the reception immediately indicated that I was eleven minutes late. I ran towards the conference room and the first thing I saw was Kim Eunhye, my boss, who openly glared at me as soon as I entered the room.

The two clients were already there seated in front of her. They were both male and were probably in their late forties. I bowed and apologized for being late. The clients nodded at me politely yet I was too scared to even glance at my boss. I placed my laptop on the table and was about to connect it to the screen and it was right at that very moment I realized how screwed up I was for sure.

I DID NOT FINISH MY PRESENTATION! My world suddenly stopped for a millisecond, my heart beating wildly.

“No need for your file Miss Son,” My boss informed me as she appeared next to me. “Use my laptop.” She pointed to her notebook which was next to mine. “The file that you sent me earlier is up and ready.”

What? I sent her the file. What file? Oh my god, please I was really going to lose my , I couldn’t remember sending her any file. I was certain that I had not finished it.

“See?” She added, pressing the remote which I just noticed was with her.

I let out a gasp when I turned to check the screen. I instantly recognized my presentation. I re- She added, pressing the remote which I just noticed was with her. 

“Go on, discuss it with our clients.” My boss stated, leaning closer to me. “If you mess this up, you know what’s going to happen to you.”

I gulped, yes I was aware of getting fired if this wouldn’t turn out in my favor.

I did the presentation and tried to sound as confident as I could. The file was what I exactly needed and it saved my life for real. The clients seemed happy with it and even told my boss that they liked it. When the meeting ended, Miss Kim had me summoned to her office right away.

As expected, she yelled at me for being late.

“How dare you make the clients wait?” She was so mad, her nostrils were flaring. “You’ve just proven how irresponsible you are Son Hayeon!”

“I’m sorry Miss Kim, it won’t happen again.” I apolog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter