One

Living in dreams

I walked down the street, trying to hide who I was, not paying full attention to my surroundings. I turned a corner heading in the direction of the apartment building, when I tripped. Having not payed attention I fell on top of a girl. She seemed surprised but unharmed.

"Sorry, I must've lost my balance for a moment." I said getting up, but she said nothing just staying there. "Do you want me to help you get up?" I offered my hand to her, but before she could take it I saw a flash as she was replaced with a kitten. Shocked and confused I covered my face.

Opening my eyes I noticed I was in bed. Realising it was just a dream I got up to get ready. Feeling confused by how real the dream felt I found myself playing it over and over.

"Morning, we have a shoot today." I heard the familiar voice of our groups leader. Nodding to let him know I heard I went off to finish getting ready.

Forgetting about the dream, well not completely, I sat in the car with my head on the window. Letting myself fall asleep, I felt relaxed. Opening my eyes I saw the girl I had bumped into in the other dream.

"Oh! I wanted to say sorry!" I found myself talking to her as if it was completely normal. She turned to look at me. A smile on her face.

"You're V from BTS aren't you?" She asked as I felt my heart sink. Even in my dreams I wasn't safe. "I thought the first dream was a weird daydream, but now you're here in my actual dream." I felt confused by what she was saying.

"So you're a real person?" I found myself mentally slapping myself. "No don't answer that. But I'm sure I have to go soon." I felt as though I had known her for longer than just these moments. "Maybe I can catch you in the next dream?" I asked finding the question stupid.

"Maybe." She smiled cutely as the world went black. Opening my eyes I saw I was still in the car, lifting my head I looked around at the others. Wondering if they were also connected to someone through a dream. Feeling the car stop, I collected my thoughts.

***

"Alright, that's all for today. We finished early so why don't you go relax for the rest of the day?" Our manager said as we all bowed and thanked him.

All agreeing to go to the apartment, we shuffled into the car. It was late afternoon so we all had the day to do what we wanted. The whole car ride I found myself fighting sleep. Guessing I was very tired I told myself I'd nap later.

Walking into the apartment, I felt even more tired. Deciding I'd nap on the couch I went to lie down my back facing away from the couch. Almost instantly I was into a dream.

"V!" I heard a female voice call me. Opening my eyes I could see I was in a park lying on a bench. "V, I figured it out!" Looking over I saw the same girl as the other times. "We really are connected by dreams!" She sounded so excited but I found myself just confused.

"What do you mean? I don't even know who you are." I saw her flinch at what I said. "No I mean I don't even know your name where you come from or anything. But you know me." I felt jealous somehow. I wanted to know her. 

"Oh, well I guess that's true." She seemed more at ease. "Well my name's Mina, I live in Canada, I'm not sure what else to say." She seemed to think for a minute.

"How do I know I'm not just having some really weird vivid dreams?" I asked her feeling like I was just talking to some personification of a girl I'd find attractive.

"Let's test it." She sounded confident but also unsure. "I'll give you my KakaoTalk info and you add me in real life. If I'm fake you won't be able to find it. If I'm real then you will know." I felt unsure of what to do, as I knew she was a fan and was worried that she would just go and sell the info online. "Just trust me. The last thing I want is to make your life even harder with crazy fans." She looked sad so I agreed and she gave me her info, writing it on my hand.

Waking up I could still see her face smiling at me as she wrote on my hand. Jumping up I looked at my hand but didn't see anything written. Guessing it was just a dream I pulled out my phone, instinctively I opened KakaoTalk, I used it mainly to talk to friends. But this time I went to add someone. "What am I doing..." I said to myself as I typed up the info Mina had given me. To my surprise a profile came up. "No way." I clicked on the picture and right away knew it was her. Adding her without a second thought I waited. "That's going to take a while."

"Whats going to take a while?" I looked over to see Jimin coming to sit next to me. Staying lying down I watched as he sat down infront of my stomach. *When did I turn over?* I found myself thinking but not caring. He sat there waiting for an answer. *Can I tell him?* I decided not to.

"Oh nothing I just had a random thought." I could tell he didn't buy it. Looking at the time I realised it was almost night. *Guess I slept that long.* Slowly the rest of the group stepped out of their rooms coming to the couches as we decided to watch tv. Nobody spoke as we were all tired. Soon it was evening and we ordered in some food. -ding!- my phone chimed, and I found myself flying to grab it. As I did so my eyes flew wide.

-i told you. <3

The message was from Mina, for some reason my heart rate flew as I now knew she was Infact a real person somewhere else. Happily I messaged her, every time my phone would ding I would look and respond. I couldn't wait to sleep.