C03: Let’s talk? Yeah, nice try, bro.

Tied by the read thread of fate

Once Jisung and Hyunjin had returned to the dorm that night, the latter meant to go straight to Minho’s room, keen on asking him his opinion regarding the dance he’d been working on.

But he didn’t leave before he had given Jisung an encouraging hug. “Don’t worry about it, Hannie, just go talk to him, okay? The rest will happen organically.”

Jisung just huffed humorlessly at that. “Yeah, sure.”

“Come on, bro. You’ve got this. You’re a lyrical genius. What’s a tiny love confession to you, huh?”

“What love confession?” 

Hyunjin and Jisung froze on the spot, not expecting Jeongin to overhear their conversation.

“Innie, hey, Ji and I were just talking about the drama I’ve been watching. What are you up to?” Hyunjin tried to distract the youngest, dramatically swinging his arm around his shoulders.

“If you say so… I’m on my way to bed. Just showered, but Lix hyung is in there now, so you will have to wait a bit.”

“Ah, I see. Well, I’m on my way to Minho hyung anyway, so have a good night, you two~ ♡”

“Night, Jinnie hyung.” 

“Night, bro.”

Once the oldest of the three had squirrelled away, Jeongin turned towards Jisung completely, not saying a word, but his eyes glued to him intently.

Jisung averted his gaze and massaged his right temple for a bit. “No, Innie, I can’t tell you what that was about. Not yet at least. I have to make sense of it first. But I know I can come to you whenever I’m ready.”

“Okay, I won’t pester you. But really, if there’s anything…”

“I know, kiddo. I just need some time.”

Jeongin rolled his eyes at that but closed the distance quickly to pull Jisung into a hug. “Love you, big tiny bro. I’ll be there for you. Always.”

“The disrespect... But thank you, Innie. I really appreciate that. Now off to bed with you. You have school tomorrow.”

“Thanks for reminding me of that, hyung…”

“Love ya too, baby. Sweet dreams~ ♡” Jisung added with a wink and pushed the youngest in the general direction of his room.

And once Jeongin had vanished, he allowed his body to relax for a moment. He hadn’t even realised just how wired he had been the whole time, but his muscles made him painfully aware of that now.

But regardless of how tired he was, there was still the nagging thought that he needed to take at least a first step towards resolving the issue of having a big fat crush on one of his group mates.

And what was he if not determined? So he did what everyone with a goal on his mind would do.

Jisung made a plan. Perhaps not a good plan or one that had great chances for success, but it was a plan nonetheless and it required him to grab his sleeping clothes in order to proceed.

So off he went, into his room, ignoring whoever may or may not have been there, just gathering his stuff and walking back out into the corridor afterwards.

Had he not been so absent-minded, he would have noticed Chan and Woojin having a very heated but hushed conversation on his bed. But he didn’t pay attention, so he missed what was going on.

Once he was in possession of what almost felt like armour in the face of whatever was waiting for him behind that door, Jisung took one deep breath, hesitated for a moment, but finally knocked on the bathroom door twice.

Theirs may be an all guys dorm, but he had manners and being polite enough not to barge in on whatever Felix was currently doing in there seemed like the right thing to do.

And so he waited. A minute had passed and no reply came, so he knocked once more and finally a deep ‘Yeah?’ resounded from inside.

“Hey Lix, it’s Ji. Can I come in?”

“Sure.”

Jisung took another deep breath, steeling himself. What for, he was honestly not sure about. But it turned out to be a wise decision because upon opening the door, he spotted Felix by the sink, hair still damp, wearing a sweater that swallowed his frame completely and some sweatpants that had a similar effect. In short, the younger looked incredibly soft and snuggly and Jisung’s heart may have skipped a couple of beats there.

“Hey. What do you want, Ji?”

Felix was looking at him through the mirror, just his usual open and unassuming gaze, no hint of the irritation from earlier in the evening. Jisung had never been more grateful for that.

“I, uh- I just wanted to ask if you mind me taking a quick shower? I know you’re not finished in here yet, but I’m kinda exhausted, so I wanted to ask anyway.”

“Yeah, sure. Just go ahead.”

“Thanks, man. Don’t mind me, yeah?”

“It’s fine, I’m not meditating or anything, Hannie.”

They went silent again afterwards. Felix back to focusing on his nightly routine, Jisung attempting to undress and hop into the shower as quickly and inconspicuously as possible.

 

~♍~

 

Felix was used to sharing the bathroom with the other members from time to time, but that night, something felt different. 

He tried to ignore that feeling for as long as possible, but when it became impossible to tune it out, he threw a glance in Jisung’s direction through the mirror and realised that the older was looking at him in a thoughtful way.

Felix didn’t look away for minutes, but Jisung only kept on standing there, the water spraying on his neck and back.

“Oi, Ji. Something on your mind?” 

“What- Oh, sorry, I-” He snapped out of the trance and scratched his neck self-consciously, leaving Felix smiling the tiniest smile. “I got distracted, I guess. Never noticed how beautiful of a sight it is when you do whatever it is that you’re doing there…”

As much as the idea amused Felix, he would never get used to Jisung’s honesty when it came to complimenting someone, especially when it concerned himself. “I’m just applying toner right now, though? You make it sound like I’m working some kind of magic over here…”

“Yeah well, not my fault when everything you do somehow has that effect?”

“Jisung, what-?”

“Naaah, just forget what I said. I’m a bit out of it tonight. Sorry.” With that, he turned around to face the spray of the shower again, leaving Felix to his muddled thoughts.

He may have gotten a little lost in thought following the movement of Jisung’s back muscles, but eventually, he slapped his face a couple of times and went back to what was left of his routine.

Not long after, Jisung turned off the water and made a beeline over to his towel to wrap himself up and vacate the premises as quickly as possible.

“Don’t stay up too long, Lix. Goodnight!”

And with that, he was gone again, leaving behind an even more confused Felix who told himself to talk to the older about whatever was going on in the morning.


 

~♍~

Blue is how it feels when you won’t talk to me

~♍~