Le huitième chapitre

Your H̶i̶g̶h̶n̶e̶s̶s̶, Majesty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

St. Mary's Hospital, Seoul, 10:25

"How is Seoyeon?" the King asked. He was thankfully taken off of the ventilation so he could speak clearer. Jongin had decided to visit his father that morning to seek advice. The coronation was in six days already, and he still did not feel ready, despite all of Seoyeon's help. 

"She's doing well-"

"No, Jongin. How is your relationship with her?" the king interrupted and explained. 

Jongin sighed and shrugged. He really didn't know, everything was so vague at the moment, especially between him and Seoyeon. She was showing hints that she was growing interested in him, but it felt too soon to assume anything. 

"I really like her. I didn't think I'd fall for her, to be honest. At least not this soon. But.. I don't know what she thinks of me. She just got out of a nasty break up with her boyfriend and eventhough she says she's done with him, you don't forget feelings that fast. I'm afraid I'll end up being the only one who falls in love," Jongin admitted. 

"But there's these small gestures she makes that give me hope. She'll hug me or hold my hand without me asking to, or she'll compliment me on things that no one ever really complimented me on. She's also the one who assures me I'll be a good leader and that she'll be by my side," he added onto it. 

The king smiled at his son. 

"You need to give her time. Let her come to you like you are doing now, and time will show the truth by itself. Just wait, Jongin," he adviced his son. 

Before Jongin could argue his father had drifted back to sleep. He sighed to himself and got up and left, quietly closing the door behind him. 

 

Just wait, Jongin.

 

Royal Palace, 20:13 

Even the future queen needs to meet her deadlines, unfortunately, and with a lack of work to hand in, Seoyeon found herself pretty much screwed. There was not enough time to schedule something with the other sports teams and she really wasn't going to use Sehun's pictures after all that happened. 

She threw her head back in frustration and let out a groan. "What have I gotten myself into..." She murmured when she heard a knock on her door. "Come in." 

"Things not going so well?" Jongin asked as he closed the door behind him and sat down on the edge of the mattress. Seoyeon shook her head and ran a hand through her hair. "I swore off using Sehun for my final project, but now I'm left empty handed and the deadline is coming up. There's no one left at campus to ask but I refuse to use his pictures for my work," she explained, scrolling through her draft cover arts. Jongin furrowed his brows for a moment. 

"I might be able to help."

Her head shot up in eagerness, almost like a puppy with a treat held above its head. "Really?"

He nodded. "I actually did classic ballet for quite some time. There's a studio on the 2nd floor. If you give me some time to stretch and warm up we can shoot some pictures in a moment."

She jolted up from her chair and swung her arms around him, catching him by surprise. "Thank you thank you thank you! You are my hero!" she exclaimed, not realising she just made the crown prince turn bright red. "I'm going to set up my camera, I'll see you in a few!" she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter