6. Le sixième chapitre

Your H̶i̶g̶h̶n̶e̶s̶s̶, Majesty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

06

Yonsei University Cafeteria, 12:00

"Welcome back, your Highness," Chanyeol joked when Seoyeon sat down at the lunch table. "You better shut up right now before I get you deported," Seoyeon shot back. "Okay, okay, point taken. How are you feeling?" 

Seoyeon sighed. "I don't know. Confused? I mean, I'm kind of coming to terms with the fact that Sehun and I won't work anymore. He clearly doesn't respect me anymore, so I won't respect our past and just.. Move on, I guess. But like, the feelings are still there. I think. I don't know, he really hurt my feelings by basically calling me a in front of everyone," she told him, taking a bite from her food. 

"Kris is coming, want to change subjects?" Chanyeol warned her. 

"Yes please. So, what do you think of racism?"

Chanyeol nearly choked on his food at the switch of subjects but quickly recollected himself when Kris sat down at their table. 

 

"Hey, what's up?" he greeted them, sitting next to Chanyeol who was trying not to laugh hysterically. 

"How've you been, Seoyeon? I heard things went.. Somewhere," Kris asked her, somewhat awkwardly. 

She simply shrugged, not wanting to go into detail about it with Kris. 

"Well, could've been better. My only friends left seem to be you two and Sehun refuses to see or talk to me. I lost respect for him and so has he, so I guess I'm moving on," she said and continued eating. Kris' face lit up and she could already tell where this was going. 

You better not. You better ing not-

"Do you want to go out with me sometime?"

 

Oh my lord. 

 

Seoyeon glanced at Chanyeol who was equally as surprised as she was. What the hell was she supposed to do? 

"Uhm... I.. I don't know.." she stammered.

"Oh, why not? I can be a good distraction. Maybe I can help you move on?" he persisted. 

He saw a chance and he sure was taking it. 

She looked at Chanyeol again, mildly panicking. 

"Uh, Kris, I didn't know how to tell you this, but I'm just going to say it," Chanyeol suddenly said. 

 

"Seoyeon and I have.. A thing.. Going on."

Oh... No.. No, don't say that.. 

This couldn't be going any worse. 

"You two are going out?"

"Yes."

NO! 

Kris leaned back into his chair, a face that had disbelief written all over it. 

"I.. Okay. Uh.. Sorry, then. I didn't realize," he said, still confused but not wanting to know more. 

 

They ate lunch in silence after that. 

 

Yonsei University Campus, 16:05

Seoyeon was on her way to the gate when a familiar figure stopped her in her tracks. 

"So now you want to talk to me?" she scoffed. 

"Sehun, if you tell me to leave you alone, then that goes for you as well," she says as she tried to keep walking, but he grabbed her by the arm and prevented her from leaving. 

"I think we need to talk."

"We needed to talk a long time ago, but you didn't want to. This one's on you, buddy," Seoyeon snarled, trying to pull free but his grip tightened. 

"You're going out with Chanyeol? What the ?" he finally said. 

"It's none of your ing business. You dumped me and then humiliated me in front of everyone. Plus, I saw that you had a new girl and I didn't say anything. Get your together," she clapped back, still trying to get out of his hold. 

"You think I believe that you're dating Chanyeol? Please, be realistic. I know he made it up to get Kris off of your back. I bet you told him your secret, didn't you? I bet you're so proud of your new title," his tone was condescending, cold, and just plain rude. 

She finally pulled her arm free. 

"What's it to you? You've turned so nasty. And yes, I did tell him. And he's on my side. You had no reason to call me 'easy' in front of everyone, because you know damn well that it was bound to happen and that we weren't together anymore. What I do with my life is my business from now on. I don't know what made you turn so cold and rude towards me, but it's not cute, at all. If you want me to leave you alone and stop acting like I care, then play by your own rules. Don't ing talk to me anymore because I've had it with you. I gave you a chance to talk it over with me. I gave you so many possibilities to talk with me, and you shut me down. You ignored me and made me a fool in front of everyone. Stop pretending to care about what I do, because if you did you would have called me," she said sternly. She wasn't crying. She wasn't screaming. 

 

She was calm. 

 

"I-"

"Sehunnieee~!" Sehun's retort was cut off by a high pitched voice that came closer and closer. 

Seoyeon turned around to see who it was. 

Oh, for the love of God. This day seems to be getting worse and worse. 

"Jennie? What are you doing here?"

 

So, time for a short family history lesson. 

Park Seoyeon and Kim Jennie are cousins.

Jennie's mom - Sihyun - is Seoyeon's mom's - Saera - sister. 

In the twenty years of Seoyeon's existence there has always been some sort of rivalry between her mother and her aunt Sihyun. 

Jennie was very talented as a kid. Violin prodigy, fluent in English by the age of 10, full-ride scholarship to private school. The entire package. 

And Seoyeon was kind of above average. Pretty smart, talented in crafty things such as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter