4. Le quatrième chapitre

Your H̶i̶g̶h̶n̶e̶s̶s̶, Majesty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

04

Yonsei University, 9:30

Seoyeon walked alone on campus that morning. Sehun hadn't shown up. He didn't even text her, he just wasn't at the gate waiting for her like he usually did. 

TO: Sehun <3

'Where are you? You can at least tell me you're not coming. Are you ok?'

- Read at 9:25

She scoffed, the blue checkmarks next to her messages laughing in her face, mocking her. 

TO: Sehun <3

'So you're just not going to respond? Ok, cool. Thanks for ignoring me, I guess.'

- Delivered at 9:31

Why is he being such a jerk?

Shoving her phone into her pocket, she decided to pay it no mind. Maybe he was having a bad day, she didn't know. 

And she couldn't know, because he wouldn't talk to her. 

It's not that it really bothered her, since she had bigger things to worry about;

 

Her kiss with Jongin. 

 

She doesn't know what suddenly overcame her, but kissing him felt so right, she couldn't stop him nor herself. But looking back at it, it felt wrong. It felt wrong and cruel to kiss someone other than Sehun. She loved him. 

 

Didn't she? 

 

Cafeteria, 12:00 

"Eating alone today?" a voice asked her. Seoyeon looked up from her untouched meal to see Chanyeol coming to sit with her. She simply shrugged, not really in the mood to talk. She had so much on her mind, and Sehun ignoring her wasn't helping in the slightest. "He's not talking to me."

"Really? Did you two fight or something?" Chanyeol asked, looking genuinely shocked to hear that. 

"No, I don't know what I did wrong for him to act like this all of a sudden. It's so annoying, he's being so childish," Seoyeon sighed, putting her fork down on the table. 

"I can try and talk to him, if you want," he proposed but she shook her head. "I'll go visit him after class, he can't ignore me when I'm at his front door."

She picked up the tray and got up. Her food had gotten cold by now, so there was no point in eating it, anyway. She chucked the barely eaten meal into the bin and placed the tray on top before sitting back down. 

"You look tired, is something bothering you? Besides the whole Sehun situation," Chanyeol asked. Her eyes looked tired, the dark circles underneath them accentuating that even more. 

"My friend.. Called me last night. She has this problem she wanted my advice on, but I don't know how to help her," she lied. She could use some advice right now. 

 

"Alright, spill, maybe I can help."

She took in a deep breath, trying to figure out how she was going to tell this without exposing herself. 

"So, she broke up with her boyfriend recently, but not really voluntary. They're still in love, but she's with someone else. Her parents arranged a marriage for her," she started. 

"Wow, ed up."

She nodded. "I know. Anyway, so she still loves her 'ex-boyfriend', but last night she kissed her fiancé. She was talking about how guilty she felt and that she felt like she had cheated, eventhough they aren't together anymore. Do you think she should tell him they kissed?"

Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh. "Okay, I totally get why this kept you up last night. Uhh.. Well, they're broken up, right?"

Nod. 

"So they technically aren't together anymore, but the feelings are still there?"

Nod. 

"I mean, she could tell him to make it clear she might be moving on faster than him. I wouldn't call it cheating. Although, personally, I wouldn't really like it if I found out about it," Chanyeol adviced. 

She nodded slowly, taking it all in. She could be honest and tell him the truth and risking their relationship, or she could keep quiet about it and try to forget it happened. 

"Did that hel- Oh, Seoyeon. Look," Chanyeol pointed at the cafeteria entrance. There he was, looking like a mess, but extremely angry.

 

Sehun.

 

Courtyard, 12:19

"Why didn't you answer my texts? You ignored me the entire morning and suddenly decide to show u-"

"I know you kissed him."

Her eyes widened in shock. He knows? How? Did someone see them?

"H.. Ho- How do you.."

"I saw. I saw you kiss him. I was practicing here last evening when I saw you at the basketball court, looking for something in the grass. And then I saw him, and you kissed him?! Why? I thought.. I thought we were still a thing," Sehun said, his voice filled with sorrow and pain. He looked miserable and it broke her heart. 

It was all her fault. 

"I..I.. Sehun.." she stammered. was incapable of forming any coherent words, her brain not working properly, either. 

"Please, don't bother explaining. Just.. Why? Why tell me that you love me if you're going to kiss him on the same day?"

God, I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have kissed him. 

"I really thought that you'd still be mine, despite the situation. But I guess I have to let go, don't I?" he said, biting his lip. 

 

"What are you saying?"

 

"Let's just end it, okay? It's not working, clearly. You can't make up your damn mind and it's driving me up the wall. You broke my ing heart, Seoyeon. Let's just.. Stop, so I won't be so hurt once you finally get married to him," Sehun said, turning on his heel to walk away. 

Her entire world collapsed. This wasn't supposed to happen. It couldn't happen. What.. What was happening? 

Tears rolled over her cheeks like waterfalls, her vision going blurry as she watched the man she loved walk away from her, leaving her behind. 

"No, no, please. Please, don't say that. Please, don't leave me, please. Please don't do this!" she begged, cried and screamed, but Sehun kept walking. He didn't look back, not once. 

 

He broke her heart.

But she broke his, first. 

 

Royal Palace, 13:00

She got the driver to pick her up early and drive her back to the palace, not caring about any assignments or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter