2014: Awardees

What If and Why Not

“Ye Jin-unnie, which gown would you like to wear for the award ceremony tonight?” Ye Jin’s stylist asked her while she was busy texting hence, she didn’t hear her.

“Ye Jin-ah, are you with us?” her manager followed up, while she purposely went near her to peak who is she texting.

Ye Jin, still, is not minding them. Until her manager snatched the phone from her out of curiosity.

“Ya, Eun Ji-ssi, give me back my phone” Ye Jin yelled

“AIgoo, it’s so early and you’re arguing with Kim Nam Gil-ssi, again?” Manager Yeon Eun Ji teased

“Not Funny! Give me back my phone” She was irritated.

“All right, bi-aneyo. Just reminding you that we should already prepare for today’s PIFAN Film Festival in Bucheon, we’re leaving by noon arrasso? Kim Min Sook-nim wanted you to prepare in a nearby hotel in Bucheon instead.” Yeon Eun Ji explained, her voice with obvious disappointment with Ye Jin’s behavior.

Ye Jin felt guilty towards her behavior, she instantly went to her manager and hugged her, without any words, her manager tapped her back assuring everything’s okay and there’s nothing to worry. It’s their gesture towards each other, they already know how to comfort each other without even saying anything.

“Just please choose which gown you feel like wearing, so that you can fit it now before we leave”

Her stylist brought 4 gowns for Ye Jin to check.

“Arasso-yo” the moment Ye Jin set an eye on the gray flowy chiffon dress, she smiled and told her stylist she’ll fit it instantaneously.

“That looked nice on you, you looked so elegant. The flowy part is what I liked most” Her stylist was happy to see the gown fits Ye Jin perfectly.

“Uhm, unnie, I like this part too (pointing at her chest are), right Eun Ji-ssi?” Ye Jin smiled at her jokingly.

“You really want to be on every headline showing off your s?” her manager replied not happy with Ye Jin’s joke

Ye Jin further laughed, as she continues her teasing gestures about the gown’s upper part. Her manager was just tilting her head in disbelief with what the lady in front of her is doing.

“Okay fine. Please put, something in here that will hold my babies (while holding her s) away from the limelight” Ye Jin asked her stylist still smiling at her manager

“Can you give her a robe for this gown instead? Her manager suggested, “Kim Min Suk-ssi will scold me tons, Ye Jin-ah”

Ye Jin pouted, her eyes glaring her manager.

“Fine, you wear that but we’ll still bring the black gown, if this is too much later, arra?” Manager Yeon told Ye Jin’s stylist.

Ye Jin smiled. Her infamous eye smile, a naughty one

“I like the gray one, I am much ier, with that” Ye Jin explained, “I’m sure namja’s will be awestruck later” Ye Jin added.

“You mean, including the namja you are arguing with over the phone?”

Ye Jin was a bit startled, “Ani, why would I get dressed, a y one in that case, just for him? He is not even attending” she explained

Her manager crossed her arms as if waiting for Ye Jin’s explanation over her behavior a while ago.

“I was just messaging him coz I told him that my driver went to his apartment to deliver the remaining stuff he has in my house”

“Is that so? Then why is your mood seemed affected by whatever his reply was?”

“He replied he missed me, that he was sorry” She pouted, “I hate how he’s treating me like that all the time”

“Ye Jin-ah, you still have movie promo for Pirates, you two should fix this lover’s-quarrel-whatever-you-call-it-kind-of-argument-and-proving-point that you two have, for Pete’s sake!” a good scolding form Manager Yeon, “You two have been on and off for like two months now”

“three” She interrupted

“Oh, three months, see? But, tell me you two really broke up, right?” Ye Jin went back to the dressing room and changed to her jeans and white long sleeves outfit.

“I know you will be professional when we start promotion of your movie on Saturday.” Manager Yeon exclaimed while Ye Jin was changing

When she came out, she handed the gown to her stylist and sat at the couch.

“I am really bad at this” she sighed staring blankly at the ceiling her back leaning on the couch,

Manager Yeon signaled the styling team to leave them for a while.

“Dating? Ani, you are so good at it don’t you see?”

“Mwo? Nam Gil oppa’s been noting nice to me, sometimes irritating but he’s taking good care of me too. Until he wanted to announce our dating status, that irritated me, how he’s always wanted our relationship to be revealed to everyone. I don’t want to broke up with him but he continuously ask me to do so, even though I already said no” Ye Jin said in a very low voice

“We’ve been together for almost a year, but he still insists of going out in public, I felt he was never satisfied with just our quality time together, out of the limelight. That’s why he still wants to confirm it, for what reason? Just so everyone will swoon over our private lives, you know I don’t want that. I never wanted my private life intervened with too much publicity. I love my fans you know that, but I love myself too” she sighed explaining what she’s going through

“I am that bad, Eun Ji-ssi. Now tell me how you seem to see it as a good one?” Ye Jin asked

“Ye Jin-ah, in order for you to love someone wholly is for you to love yourself fully” Yeon Eun Ji smiled at Ye Jin. “you love him of course, I mean, I think, so you just want your relationship to be just between the both of you, well including us, your closest circle. Him not understanding what you think is right is putting your relationship into somewhere uncertain. In the first place, when you entered this relationship, you were very clear to never admit it publicly, right? And he agreed to that too” Ye Jin was too attentive still she managed to nod and agree with what her manager was saying.

“I actually liked him, before he keeps forcing you to admit your relationship, if it’s irritating me, well how much more with you, I know your hardships as a celebrity and your privacy is too much valuable for you above anything else. So, if “bad at dating” is categorized by going all out in public, well you are actually bad at it. But come to think of it, you, protecting your relationship, not only the romantic relationship also your family relationship, from any possible “scandal” is something that is to be proud of! In that case, you’re such a keeper Ye Jin-ah, really one of a kind. I was not surprised when you broke up with Nam Gil. Remember Ye Jin-ah, someone will come eventually in your life and understand fully where you’re coming from in keeping “private relationships” privately.”

Ye Jin was teary eyed, she rose from the couch and approached her manager and hugged her, “Eun Ji-ah, thank you so much for understanding me. I would love to think that you are not just taking my side with that, but really I felt how you understood what I meant”

“Arra, don’t cry like a baby, the last thing we want is swollen eyes, you can’t receive the awards with swollen eyes”

“Deh, but I can just receive the award without covering the upper part of my gown, media will not notice my swollen eyes then” Ye Jin joked as she wipes her tears with her hands

“Aish, Son Ye jin! Ya! We need to attend the lunch, it’s part of the programme, hence we need to leave as early as 10am”

“Can we skip the luncheon? And attend the after-party instead? I like drinking more than eating Eun Ji-ssi, you know I need to check my gown to fit perfectly, specially my babies (pointing at her chests)” Ye Jin laughed

“All right, let me inform the coordinator then”

---

“How was your flight from Beijing, Hyun Bin-ssi?” Manager Choi asked

“3hours flight is not bad, I manage to get rest, thanks for asking, so where are we going now?” Hyun Bin replied

“We will be heading straight to the hotel in Bucheon, you can rest for a bit if you like we have ample time to prepare for the red carpet, or would you like to attend the luncheon event?

“I prefer to rest for a bit” Hyun Bin replied as he closed his eyes on their way to Bucheon

---

Hyun Bin was at the lobby of the hotel, waiting for his car to take him to the Bucheon Gymnasium for the red carpet

“Hyun Bin-ssi, your car is arriving, shall we?” Manager Choi told him

Just as when he heads towards the lobby exit, Ye Jin was making the whole lobby pathway her runway. Everyone turned their head on her y physique as she walked elegantly at the waiting area of the lobby, she was on her phone, again, seems arguing over the other line.

“Yah, Son Ye Jin, let me keep your phone don’t bring it so that you will not be distracted” Manager Yeon suggested.

“Arraso, will give you my phone before I walk the red carpet” irritated but keeping her composure.

She noticed the tall and handsome guy who just rode a car, “Is that Hyun Bin-ssi?” Manager Yeon nodded in reply.

As he rode the car, he saw the lady inside and bowed then waved his hand, the lady was Son Ye Jin, his co-awardee.

She waved back. “Miss Son Ye Jin, your car is here” the usher told her.

“Thank you” She bowed and signaled her Manager to go outside.

---

Hyun Bin was ushered to his seat after walking the red carpet, he bowed at everyone who greets him. He seemed tired but he still beams showing off his dimples. One of the PiFan jurors approached him and congratulated him personally and had small talks. Son Ye Jin arrived inside the event area ushered by the staff, she saw Hyun Bin. She bowed at headed to where Hyun Bin is.

“Hyun Bin-ssi” Ye Jin called out his name and was about to approach him but some of the PiFan jurors approached her. She politely entertained them.

Hyun Bin saw Ye Jin, he excused himself and approached where Ye Jin is. He bowed at Ye Jin and the jurors as he joined the conversation.

“Look at our Producers awardees, both of you look so elegant tonight. Thank you for your time gracing the awards night with your handsomeness and beauty, Hyun Bin-ssi and Son Ye Jin-ssi”

Sir we are about to let the audience enter the venue, it is much better we take our respective seats, Bi-aneyo for interrupting your conversation” The floor director told them.

“After you, Son Ye Jin-ssi”

Ye Jin smiled at Hyun Bin, that infamous eye smile and bowed at him

Hyun Bin replied with his beaming dimples.

---

Excerpt from the article http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Culture/view?articleId=120658

Actor Hyun Bin and actress Son Ye-Jin received this year’s Producers’ Choice Awards.

Hyun said, “Thank you for giving me such a prestigious award. It is even more meaningful as this award is given by the producers. I hope to work with many good producers in the future. I will make an effort to meet the fans' expectations with ever better works.”

“I am very delighted to receive this award as it is awarded by producers,” said Son Ye-jin after receiving her award. “I am so honored and I feel proud to be a Korean actress,” she added.

---

Afterparty.

VIPs and attendees flock on Hyun Bin as they congratulate him not only for his Producers award but also, he is the Ambassador for 17th Asian Games in Incheon. He smiled back at everyone, respectfully bowed and took shake hands and few selca’s with some. His eyes roam and looking for someone, Son Ye Jin, they did not have any conversation after receiving the award on stage. He told himself, maybe the afterparty is his chance.

“I’ll just get some air” Hyun Bin asked his manager to cover for him.

He went to the rooftop of the hotel; it makes him feel better when he’s alone. “Gyeonggi Province is such a peaceful city when it’s late at night, unlike Gangnam-gu” his thoughts while he inhaled the fresh chilly air, though it’s summer, and smiled. His deep thoughts were interrupted when he heard a girl talking over the phone, he followed the voice and stopped at an enough distance to not interrupt her, “Son Ye Jin-ssi” he smiled.

Teary and in deep thoughts, Ye Jin hugged herself as she felt chilly breeze of air, she was cold. She didn’t want to get back inside the hall yet with her estate, she just had a huge fight, AGAIN, with Nam Gil over the phone. “Aish, that namja!” He told herself, but loud enough for Hyun Bin to hear.

“Son Ye Jin-ssi” Hyun called her.

Ye Jin looked behind her and smiled seeing Hyun Bin, “Anneyeong Hyun Bin-ssi”

“People are looking for you inside, some thought you left already”

“Ani, I told Eun Ji-ssi that I will be back, just letting myself catch some fresh air, was she not inside?”

He just nodded. The gentleman that he is, he removed his coat and put it on Ye Jin’s shoulder

“I am okay, you don’t have to” but Hyun Bin was quick to give it to Ye Jin before she finished her sentence.

She just eye-smiled at him, and bowed as sign of defeat.

“Smile suits you”

Ye Jin looked at him, afraid he heard him talking over the phone.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t hear anything” he said not staring at her

When he met her gaze, “Okay, I just heard you said, see you on Saturday. It was loud enough for me to hear from the other side where I was, swear that’s all” he smiled assuring Ye Jin he’s telling the truth

“hmm. Quite arguing the whole day already, sorry about that”

“Namja Chingu?” curious Hyun Bin asked

Ye Jin smiled, “Aniyo” she replied in a very soft voice, she’s telling the truth coz he’s her ex already.

“Ye Jin-ssi, I am in no position to tell you this, but whatever you’re going through, keep your head high! You are too beautiful to sulk. Well being sad is part of being human, but don’t dwell on it, your eyes are for your beautiful smile, not for tears to fall on them.” She looked straight on her eyes, Ye Jin met his gaze

She was touched.

“Kamsahamnida, Hyun Bin-ssi. I am flattered. It’s not like this forever, I know what I want, hence, I feel like this, but I am thankful for not judging me and giving your words of wisdom” She smiled

“You’re one Strong woman indeed, any guy who’ll pursue you will really have a hard time” he joked to lighten the mood.

She laughed.

“Look who’s talking, as if you are not making girls have a hard time too. Your good looks make all the women swoon over you; I suppose”

“All girls? I doubt, the lady beside me is an exception” He side glanced at Ye Jin

“Ofcourse! I know how guys with good looks like yours play with women’s hearts” Ye Jin defended, smiling at him.

“Me?” Hyun Bin counter bantered

“Deh, you Mr Hyun Bin!” both of them laughed

Laughter filled the chilly air as they continue to tease each other they didn’t notice they’re gone for half an hour already. Both of them didn’t notice their phones, that their managers have been looking at them already.

“It’s nice to have conversations like this with a “stranger” a good-looking stranger at least” Ye Jin told him

“Indeed, we never had a chance to talk whenever we see each other before” Hyun Bin added

“Oh. Right. We met few times already but it is only now we had this conversation” Ye Jin smiled

“I am happy to have shared the same stage with you tonight, Son Ye Jin-ssi. More than that, I am happy to have random conversations with you”

“Nadu, Hyun Bin-ssi. When we see each other in the future, let’s greet each other as if we’re long lost friends” Ye Jin offered her hand for a shake

“Of course, friends” Hyun Bin shook hands with her.

 

---

A/N

-PIFAN 2014 | Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin Receive The Producer’s Award For Their Separate Acting Skills (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzKhQxmdtb8)

-I read on HB Soompi that he flew to Beijing on July15th, assuming he returned before the awards night, also he became the Ambassador for Asian Games in Incheon on the same month

-It was a hectic month for SYJ due to Pirates movie promo

-Enjoy reading! =)