2004: Acquaintance

What If and Why Not

A Moment to Remember VIP Premiere

“Ye Jin-ah, were you able to invite your chingus to our movie premier tonight?” Jung Woo Sung asked Son Ye Jin at the backstage before they were briefed for the VIP premiere stage greeting.

“Neh, Woo Sung oppa, most of them confirmed to attend tonight’s event to support our movie, sweet of them, right?” Ye Jin replied with her infamous eye smile.

“Kre? Daebak Ye Jin-ah, I invited some of my friends too, although most of them have prior commitments, but they said they will try to drop by and say hi.” Jung Woo Sung replied with a grin. “Your family is here as well?” Woo Sung added while staring at Ye Jin on the mirror being dolled up by her glam team.

“Neh oppa, they already arrived, I think they are already seated inside the cinema” Ye Jin replied.

“That’s good, atleast they will not be caught in between the media and the fans” Woo Sung added before his phone rang.

“Excuse me, I just have to take this call” Woo Sung excused himself to answer a call while Ye Jin nodded and continue doing her make up re-touches

“Jinja? You are coming? Didn’t expect you to come, I know you are a busy man yourself, kre, I will see you later. I am thankful that your shooting for Ireland was cancelled today!” Woo Sung hanged up the phone and smiled at himself on the mirror, Ye Jin was quick to notice his grin.

“Oppa, you seem happy after that call?” Ye Jin teased.

Staring on his phone and replying to messages he replied, “Deh, one of my friend’s schedule got cancelled, so he will come and watch the premiere instead, also my chingus are messaging me and confirming their attendance” Woo Sung replied.

“Should I say, we are lucky then? Some of my friends’ schedules got cancelled too, hence they will attend our premiere night” Ye Jin joked

“Luck is on our side I may say” Woo Sung added, “I wonder why their shooting was cancelled”

“Which show, oppa?” Ye Jin asked out of curiosity

“Oh, Ireland the one shown in MBC”

“Jinja? I am watching that drama, yah, don’t judge me okay, I happen to get hooked while eomma was watching too, so if I have time, I watched it with eomma” Ye Jin explained

“One of its stars is attending tonight, Hyun Bin-ssi,”

“Oh, the one playing Kang Gook!” Ye Jin replied

“I’m impressed, you really watch, haha” Woo Sung further teased

“I told you, my eomma is an avid viewer” Ye Jin defended while grinning over the huge mirror in front of them.

“Kreom, I believe you” Woo Sung surrendered as his leading lady plastered her eye smile again.

“Which remind me, Kang shin-nim, our guests seats are reserved already right?” Woo Sung asked the production staff

“Deh, Woo Sung-ssi, seat assignments are taken good care of one of our event staff, no need to worry” the production replied.

“Kamsahamnida, Kang Shin-nim, my parents are seated already, they called me and told me someone from the staff offered them food and drinks” Ye Jin thanked the staff as well.

“Kamsahamnida to all your team’s hardwork Kang Shin-nim” Woo Sung added.

“I am happy to have been part of this team, Ye Jin-ssi, Woo Sung-ssi” Kang Shin proudly retorted.

Woo Sung met Ye Jin’s cheerful glance in the mirror and moved his chair to face Ye Jin beside him.

“I am happy to have done this movie with you Ye jin-ah, no, I am actually so proud to have done this film with you, Son Ye Jin!”

“Ya, Woo Sung oppa, I am thankful that you helped me with our scenes, I couldn’t have done it without your help and guidance, from the bottom of my heart, I am really grateful to you” Ye Jin replied

“I am the most proud and most thankful above all with you both, for doing this movie in the first place” Director John Lee entered the dressing room just in time

“Ya, director-nim” Ye Jin and Woo Sung replied in unison as their director came to say hi to them.

“Shall we begin? We have a movie to showcase the world! Starred by great actors that will make history, I am claiming it!” Director Lee proudly told everyone in the room.

---

“Thank you everyone for coming to our movie premier, hope you liked the movie and saw the hardwork we put into to make this film. Have a great night, and see you again next time” Director John Lee ended the stage greeting and most of the guests greeted the actors and congratulated them.

Stars of the film were mobbed by different media, Son Ye Jin and Jung Woo Sung were overwhelmed and delighted with the audience reception with their film as they answer the media’s questions.

MS Team staff was quick to pull Ye Jin from the pool of media people, as well as Joo Woo Sung whom was behind her protecting her small physique while heading to the backstage.

Most of their invited guests were not able to greet them personally inside the cinema, because of the media surrounding them for interviews.

Fans outside the cinema are so touched by the film, but more because they saw array of star-studded VIP guests, few of them graced for a quick interview.

 

“Congratulations to us! I can’t believe the reception of the movie viewers tonight was so positive” Director Lee proudly said as he hugged his stars

“I saw most of them cried, even the namjas” the producer of the film added, “Shall we proceed to the afterparty, a thanks giving late-dinner, I made sure to invite the VIP Guests as well”

“Kaja!” Jung Woo Sung said

“I’ll see you all at the restaurant then, I will ride with my parents” Ye Jin happily replied and bowed to everyone as she leave with her team leading to the parking area where her parents wait.

--

“Jinnie-ah, I am so proud of you, you know that. You acted so well I cried a lot” Ye Jin’s eomma told her daughter as she hugged her tightly

“Jinnie-ah, this is a good movie, you made appa cry too” Ye Jin’s appa tapped her shoulder

“Eomma, Appa, thanks for supporting me, and always being there especially today” Ye Jin replied, “Kaja, we have a late-dinner to attend to, but if you are already tired, you can just drop me off, and let Mr. Choi drive you home, I will wait for him to come back to pick me up after the party” Ye Jin worriedly replied

“Jinnie-ah, you are really a very caring daughter, thank you also for looking after our health,” Her appa replied

“Ya, I saw the star of Ireland attending, can we just atleast come to the party for me to see him, maybe some of the drama’s stars are there as well” Ye Jin’s eomma happily argued

Ye Jin was eye-smiling at her parents’ cute little discussion.

“Of course you can come, but I have no guarantee if that Ireland star will attend the after party, eomma”

“Okay, tonight is not just the night of supporting my princess but also the queen, kaja, let’s go check if you see that drama star” her father replied in defeat to the women in his life, “If your sister is here, she will be like your eomma” Her father whispered Ye Jin.

“Appa, saranghae” Ye Jin hugged her father

“Eomma, saranhae” Ye Jin hugged her mother as well

They rode Ye Jin’s van and headed to the restaurant.

 

---

 

Most of the guests from the premiere attended the after-party even though it was late already. Congratulatory and praises were the night’s word of the mouth. Food and drinks were served, while they talk about how good the movie was.

The stars of the film approaches their invited guests, and share stories on making the film, also exchanging their thoughts on the movie.

Woo Sung was at the entrance with his friend, when Ye Jin arrived at the restaurant with her parents, he was beaming seeing his leading lady.

“Ye Jin-ah” he assisted her going down the van, “Mr and Mrs. Son, good evening” he bowed 90degrees to them in respect.

“Congratulations on the movie, thanks for your hard work and for taking care of our Ye Jin during filming” Ye Jin’s mother told Woo Sung

“I am proud to work with Ye Jin, such a great actress” Woo Sung replied looking at Ye Jin.

“Ya, oppa, enough with that” Ye Jin shyly replied

Woo Sung smiled at her and noticed the namja behind her, which he signaled to come so that he can introduce him.

“Oh, by the way before I forget, this is my friend, Hyun Bin, you might know him from dramas too” Woo Sung introduced Hyun Bin to Ye Jin, he walked past Ye Jin and stayed beside Woo Sung

“Hyun Bin-ssi, this is the woman played Su-Jin’s character, Son Ye jin. Ye jin-ssi, this is Hyun Bin, I know you already…”

“Yah, Woo Sung oppa, anneyeong Hyun Bin-ssi, Son Ye Jin inmida, nice meeting you, thanks for coming to our movie premiere” Ye Jin interrupted Woo Sung

“Anneyeaonghaseyo Son Ye Jin-ssi, Hyun Bin inmida, the pleasure was all mine, I admit you made me tear up as Su-jin-ah.” Hyun Bin bowed to Ye Jin.

“Oh jinjja?” Ye Jin was surprisedas plastering her eye smile

“Neh, I enjoyed watching the movie” Hyun Bin was in awe of the woman infront of him

Ye Jin’s mother was catching her daughter’s attention through her gaze, but to no avail.

“Yeobo, you saw you drama actor already, shall we go inside then?” Ye Jin’s appa whispered her eomma.

"Jinnie-ah" Ye Jin's eomma interrupted

"These are my ever supportive parents" Ye Jin proudly introduced

“Anneyeonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Son, Hyun Bin inmida, it was a pleasure to meet you” Hyun Bin politely bowed and introduced himself as well.

“Shall we go inside?” Ye Jin asked everyone

“Bianeyo but I have to leave already, I have an early schedule tomorrow” Hyun Bin apologetically replied to Son Ye Jin while he tapped Woo Sung’s shoulder.

“Jinjja? Oh. Though it was nice meeting you Hyun Bin-ssi” Ye Jin bowed

“Deh, I happy to meet you too Ye Jin-ssi, I hope to meet you again some time soon" He bowed and smiled at her, showing off his dimples, " thanks for inviting me over Woo Sung-ah" he patted his friends' arms, " Mr and Mrs. Son I will go ahead, I am pleased to meet you” he gave his respect and bowed at the older Son couple.

As HyunBin’s car stopped at the entrance of the restaurant, he once again bowed to everyone, his friend Woo Sung, and Ye Jin and her parents.

***