CHAPTER 5

Waiting for my Snow Prince

I stood up and planned to just go home but he caught my wrist.

            “Mianhe, I didn’t mean to hurt you yesterday.”

            “You don’t have to say sorry; in fact I should be the one saying that since I was the one who did the wrong thing.”

His hand fell and he sat back to the swing.

            “Then tell me what you were doing for two weeks without me?”

I shifted my head to him, “I was always looking for you.”

            “And?”

            “I thought it would be too sad alone ‘til my first love in middle school came back after you left. He was always there making me happy. At least, I didn’t become so lonely without you, though I was missing you so much at night. Like I wanted to hear your voice but you were too busy with so many things.”

            “So he became a substitute?”

            “He would never be because he’s just a friend.”

            “A friend who would hold each other’s hand?”

            “What’s the matter with that?” I asked in an irritated tone because the way he asked was like he knew the person for a long time already.

            “I’m only curious why do you have to hold his hand? Or maybe there’s something more than that?”

            “I told you that we’re just friends.” I repeated in a shouting manner.

            “Then tell me, what would you feel if you saw me holding another girl’s hand?”

My mouth was shut, maybe I will…

            “See, it’s hard right?” he stood up.

            “Mianhe”

His hands were on my arms again. “I told you I would go back for you right?”

I looked up at him with tears flowing on my face, he wiped it and spoke. “And I don’t want to see you crying.”

            “Mianhe, I thought you already forgot me, I thought you would never come back for me, I thought you found someone who’s better than me, I thought you-

            “Shhushh..” he stopped me. “You are my only Eunmi in my life that I won’t ever, ever loose. Always remember that.”

I placed my head on his chest.

            “I missed you so much.”

He hugged me so tight and it gave warmth to my body. I didn’t know why but I heard someone laughing on our side, so I pushed him a little and was surprised to see my younger sister taking pictures of us again.

            “What are you doing here?”

The sun was rising and the kids were starting to arrive.

            “I’m not here for you.” She answered. “I’m here for him.”She pointed to Youngmin. “He’s so handsome!!!!!!” she jumped and she was really cute.

I took her and handed her to Youngmin.

            “Does it feel better?” I asked her again but she was covering her face with her small hands.

            “She’s so cute.” Youngmin spoke making her to giggle more.

I held the camera and asked an Ahjussi to take pictures of the three of us.

            “You’re a cute couple and your baby is so cute.” Ahjussi said as he took pictures.

            “Kamsamnida” we thanked him and the snow started falling.

We looked up, Youngmin was holding my hand while my younger sister was playing with the other kids.

I looked at Youngmin and tiptoed to kiss him on the lips.

            “I’ve waited enough and my Snow Prince has come.”