CHAPTER 4

Waiting for my Snow Prince

I looked at our entwined hands, he was naively staring at the sky but I chose to release his hand.

            “Where are you going?” he asked as I was about to run after Youngmin.

I didn’t stop and it was as if I heard nothing because the only thing I could think of was my only Youngmin.

            “Youngmin-ah!” I shouted but he didn’t respond. “Yah!” finally he stopped.

His fan girls were all over him and their eyes were all on mine.

            “Who is she to call Youngmin like that?” I heard them whispered.

            “Deh, she’s just a student here.” The other answered.

I didn’t mind them and walked towards him.

            “Yah, what’s your problem?”

His eyes were closed and he was massaging his temples then he spoke.

            “I’m tired from all our guesting and stuff but it never entered my mind that you would be with somebody else when I was away. I should just go home and rest.”

He was jealous because of what he saw?

            “Are you jealous?”

Those girls surrounding us whispered to each other again.

            “Ani why will I be jealous?”

            “Then why are you like that?” I started smiling assuming that it was the truth.

            “Eunmi-ah, I have to go.”

He passed by me and it somewhat hurt me. He didn’t even want to know why I was there, who I was with and what was I doing there?

           

**

HOME

I dialled his number for the nth time already but he wasn’t answering at all. So I agreed on my younger sister’s idea to call his twin, Kwangmin.

            “Eunmi?”

            “Deh”

            “What do you need to my brother?”

I felt a twinge inside, didn’t they know about the two of us? Youngmin didn’t tell them?

            “Just tell your brother I called. Annyeong!”

I covered myself with the blanket as I lied down in the bed. I started to cry maybe for two reasons, I was too stupid to do those things when in fact I already had a boyfriend and second was, for all this time, I thought his friends already knew about our relationship.

 

ABOUT 2 in the morning when my phone rang, I got it and didn’t mind to look at the caller ID.

            “Eunmi-ah, can we meet now?”

            “Who’s this?”

            “Let’s meet at the playground.” And the call ended there.

Stupid me, I followed what the person had said Not hesitating what will happen, I snatched my big jacket, I meant Youngmin’s violet jacket in the cabinet and wore it.

I arrived in the meeting place and it was cold and quiet. The only store opened was the usual like the small restaurants in the side street.

Since no one’s coming yet, I sat on the swing and pushed myself against the ground.

            “Enjoying yourself alone?”

I was stopped and looked behind. He was standing right there, in that place where we first met, under that huge tree.

            “You were the one who called?” I asked making a stop.

He walked closer and sat on the other swing.

            “You came all the way here without knowing the person you’ll meet? What if I’m some kind of addict roaming around the street and called your number? Will you still come and meet me?” he scolded.

He asked me to go here only to say those things?

I stood up and planned to just go home but he caught my wrist.

            “Mianhe, I didn’t mean to hurt you yesterday.”