CHAPTER 1

Waiting for my Snow Prince

            “A deal is a deal.” I raised both of my eyebrows and was still holding tightly on his bag. Youngmin, my boyfriend was a member of a boy band named Boyfriend and they will be heading to Japan to promote their third single and it was December, it was absolutely wrong timing since Christmas is nearing.

I sighed and released him. Then I felt his hand holding both of my arms.

            “I promised you that I will go back, don’t be sad arasseo?”

I pouted. “What else can I do? Pali, your co-members are already there.”

The fans were on the entrance of the airport and were just in front of a cafeteria not far from them. They didn’t recognize Youngmin since his face was covered.

            “Wait for me, after 2 weeks we’re already back.” I closed my eyes and he kissed my forehead.

            “I will be waiting, Youngmin.”

He ran towards the entrance and waved at me, I waved back and started walking back home.

            “He will go back, you don’t have to so sad.” I talked to myself since my eyes were about to produce tears.

I was back home and curled like a ball in the bed. I grabbed my MacBook and watched their recorded past performance. Through this way, I would be able to forget the sadness and that even for a time, I won’t miss him.

A knock on the door disturbed me, “You may enter.”

The door opened and my younger sister emerged, she was only 7 but she was a wise kid.

            “Unnie” she said while holding a doll as big as her.

            “Wae?” I stepped down the bed and carried her. “What do you want my little sister?”

            “Someone’s looking for you downstairs.” She whispered.

            “Do you know the name of the visitor?” I whispered back playing with her.

She chucked and leaned closer to my ears. “I’ll tell you his qualities..

HIS?

            “His tall, a good dancer, a good singer or maybe rapper, his cute, his kind and and, and his handsome!” she chuckled again and that brought me to laugh a little.

            “Really?”

            “Deh, put me down Unnie.” She requested and grabbed my hand. “Let’s go down and see him yourself. I know that Youngmin oppa won’t be back yet and I won’t tell him, promise.” She was too excited with what she was saying. When we arrived in the living room, the guest she was saying surprised me, he was my close friend during middle school, Park Cheondong.

            “Eunmi,” he spoke and made a salute. “Long time no see.” He smiled and it was still the same. The cute and handsome smile that once captured my heart.

I felt a little relieved to see him since I wanted to have a chat with someone to forget missing Youngmin.

I walked down the stairs. “Cheondong, how are you?”

I motioned him to sit on the sofa and I sat across him, my little sister sitting on his left side taking pictures of him.

            “Nothing changed, just missed the old times.”

            “Since when did you arrive? You studied in the Philippines, right?”

He nodded. “But I want to continued studying here, high school would always be great if you’re with the persons special to you.”

I was surprised with what he said. “Yes it is.” I simply added and put my hair behind my ear. It was awkward to be with him since he wasn’t the type who would make chat with things like this or that.

But I caught him staring at me after fixing my hair and what stunned me more was when he touched my face.

            “You really never changed, Eunmi-ah.” he said in a low but very soft voice.