CHAPTER 4

Never let you go

L joe

WHAT the hell was she doing here? What was she saying about me asking her to go here in the house?

I looked back at this girl who I for sure was too dumb not to ask her name but no need because I already heard it.

            “Cha Hannah, what on earth are you doing here?” She asked wrinkling her forehead.

Hannah wasn’t speaking so I did her part.

            “What’s the matter if she’s here?”

            “Oppa, you told me that we’ll have a date today.”

I sighed and this happened like almost every day. Then Hannah was about to go but I grabbed her wrist.

            “We still have our date.” I said. “Jinnie, you better go home because you have nothing to do here.”

I heard Hannah chuckled.

            “Yah!” Jinnie shouted madly. “We’re not yet done, you Hannah girl.” she went out and I looked at Hannah.

            “Now, are you ready for our date?” I gestured asking for her hand. She didn’t give her hand but held me by the shirt.

            “Let’s make it quick.”

**

RESTAURANT to BOUTIQUE

ONE thing I forgot was her uniform. After we ate our delicious breakfast, we entered a boutique and told the assistant to bring their best in line clothes and let her wear it.

She wore them one by one and showed herself to me. But I kept on saying no to every dress since it didn’t suit her.

Until one cute, simple and elegant to look at satisfied my eyes. It was purple in colour with white dangling ribbons on the shoulders. It looked so good on her. We bought it and it served as my gift for her.

            “I’ll pay it as soon as I got my salary.” She said as we walked out of the shop.

            “No, that’s yours.”

            “But-

            “No more buts” I ended her questions and took her hand for a walk.

We went to Namsan Park, stayed in the tower where lovers were abundant since it was the area where lovers used to spend their time. This was the first time, I felt so good with a girl because I was fond of tricking a girl and leaving her at the middle of our date but now? I didn’t feel like doing it. Like I wanted to be with her until the end of time maybe because she had the things I was looking for a girl?

            “Do you think it would be so cool to put these locks together in those wires?” she asked as she tried to unlock the padlocks she bought somewhere.

            “Let me do it.”

She gave it to me and I locked them together and in between the wires.

            “That’s how you do it.” I told her. “See?”

She moved closer and whispered something.

            “What’s that for?”

            “Nothing”

            “Tell me, what is it?” I tried to tickle her by the neck.

She laughed. “Stop! That’s nothing, araseeo?”

            “No, tell me or else!”

She automatically ran and I chase after her.

The time ticked too fast that we noticed it was already dimming. I stopped from running and watched the sunrise. She stood by my side and I put my arm over her shoulder.

            “It’s so nice” I spoke.

            “L joe-sshi?” the wind blew slowly.

            “Deh?”

            “Kumawo for everything like it felt so good to be with you. I didn’t know that your real attitude is like this. And most of all, kumawo for teaching me…” she paused.

I turned my head at her and she was looking at me.

            “…the feelings of being cared by someone like you.”

Then she stepped backward and turned her back at me.

            “I guess this would be goodbye?” she asked.