CHAPTER 3

Never let you go

L joe

DARKNESS was all over the sky when she went out of her room, I followed her until the gate and she still couldn’t see me so before she could ride the bus, I grabbed her arm.

            “I have waited for a while now.” I said as I walked in front of her.

Her appearance was really a mess, her lower lip was bleeding and her arms were all red.

            “Who the hell did that to you?” I asked trying to look closer.

She pushed me away. “Nothing I just tripped myself earlier. I have to go home now so please just-

            “No! I need to bring you to the hospital.”

            “Ani! Just let me go!” she shouted.

I stared at her in awe. “What are you planning with those wounds? Keep them? Are you insane?”

            “I am, now, you’re happy? Just let me go!” she tried to wiggle free from my hands and I let her.

I watched her walked away but as she was not yet too far from me, she lost her balance and fell on the cold ground.

            “Yah!” I ran to her and carried her on my back.

            “Please bring me anywhere but not in the hospital.” She whispered in a very exhausted state.

I’d thought of what she said and brought her to the house.

            “Umma!” I called as soon as I entered and walked to the living room. I placed her on the couch and knocked on my parents’ room. Unluckily, when I opened it, a letter was on the bed saying that they would be back tomorrow afternoon. “Damn!” I cursed. “What should I do?” I panicked since this was my first time to bring a girl who was not in good condition! What I meant was, she was sick and I didn’t know what to do!

I ran back to the living room seeing her still unconscious. I touched her forehead and she was burning hot.

            “I need warm water and a small towel.”

I was back with the necessary things and did my best to help her ease the pain. She had so many marks on the arms and of course her bleeding lip.

            “Who could do this to a girl?” I said under gritted teeth.

I squeezed the wet towel on the small bowl I brought and rub it on her face. She was still unconscious but she could feel the pain.

It was already late at night and no changes yet. So I finished off with the towel on her forehead and fell asleep on her side.

**

CHA HANNAH

I was awakened by someone snoring so loud on my side. I tried to move but it still hurt. Then I was able to revive my energy, I was surprised with the person on my side. Though I didn’t move and stayed like that, fear still crept on my nerves.

He was awakened as well minutes after. He yawned and held my hand.

            “Are you alright now?” he asked.

            “Deh” I answered briefly and tried to stand but my body didn’t allow me. My whole body ached, why was it like that?

            “Don’t move yet, I’ll help you.” He stood up and helped to gradually and slowly rise and sit on the couch.

            “What happened last night?”

            “You were walking on the streets alone since you didn’t want to have a date with me but in the middle of your walk, you fell unconscious. And you told me not to bring you to the hospital so I brought you here.”

My head shook on its own.

            “I’ll just get something to eat.” he said and walked towards their kitchen.

Wait this was totally wrong, I shouldn’t be here. I should go now or else…I pushed myself to stand but he caught me again.

            “I want to thank you for letting me in but I’m afraid I have to go. I’m really sorry but-

I was stopped and automatically turned my head at the door which opened.

            “L joe oppa! I’m here, you told me to come by 7, right?” she was none other than the kingka of our class. “You?” she pointed at me, astonishment all over her face.