The Hamster and The Duck: Team

From Nemesis To..?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Engulfed by her rage towards this raging bull behavior depicted by Choi Yena, Yuri decided that it is her responsibility to knock off the blonde-girl and taught Yena some lesson. Little did she expect that this haughty girl possesses tremendous skill with swords, forcing Yuri to use her best spell to avoid being sliced off by the powerful Aura Sword. However, their fight is halted by Eunbi and Sakura which lead Yuri alongside her new friend Hyewon and the biggest brat Choi Yena to be stuck in detention class till the end of their first year…

***

“Ah, the sky looks nice today. Must be good to go out and play a little or practicing my magic in the practice room.”

Yuri commented as her hand is busy wiping dusty trophy while squatting nearby the window. Her eyes filled with envy as she threw her glance towards a few students’ energetic giggles in the nearby garden while waving their wand.

“Shut up, you lazy hamster. Just move your hands and get your work done.”

Retaliation coming from the far end of this room ticked Yuri off as she threw the dirtied clothes onto the floor. Glowering at a certain blonde-haired girl who is sitting on top of the foldable aluminum ladder, she barked, “Who fault it is, making us all trapped inside this dusty room instead of enjoying our youth?!”

“Oh, now you want to put the blame solely on me?!”

“Yeah! Who else?”

“Stop it, you two.”

A calm voice chimes in, trying to put a stop to her two friends bickering. For some reason, both Yena and Yuri didn’t seem to click each other when they in fact resemble one another perfectly. The girl with long, straight ebony hair just sighed as a loud “Hmph!” resounds inside the room. Yuri sympathized with her roommate one and only friend in this academy.

Never once did Yuri thought that her campus life will be turned into a bizarre experience as she imagined herself associating well with people of her age while honing her magical skills. She guesses it is true that expectation will never exceed reality.

‘Yuri? Why are these more dust on the trophy that you wipe?”

“Huh? Wait, what is this?”

Thanks to Hyewon’s words, Yuri just realized that her clothes are imbued with magic to multiple the dirt instead of cleaning. Upon hearing a giggle coming from the end of the room, Yuri huffed loudly, pushing her bangs upwards, and poked her inner cheek using her tongue.

Instead of cursing the duck-like girl who obviously using some dirty trick to increase Yuri’s workload, the brunette just flashed her widest grin while pulling out her wand which was hidden beneath her robe. “Yuri! Sakura told us no magic allowed to be used-” Hyewon’s words sound distant from Yuri’s cochlea as she zapped the base of the ladder and let the duck hanging in the air helplessly.

“You crazy hamster! This is an attempt to kill a noble! Treason!”

“As far as I know, students are treated equally in here. Plus, you have no proof to say I attacked you. Magic is not allowed in this room after all.”

Sticking out her tongue towards Yena, Yuri hummed delightedly while weaving a spell onto her clothes before resuming her work. A loud thud can be heard and Yena’s raspy voice cursing out loud echoed throughout the room.

“You are the one who asks for it now!”

Maybe Yuri overestimates the blonde-haired girl’s temper as she didn’t expect Yena to break the aluminum stair and hold pieces of it as if she is wielding a sword. Tossing the trophy aside which is caught by Hyewon, Yuri wiped away her sweats and in a position to engage in a fight against Yena. This time, she won’t hesitate to electrocute this haughty girl anymore.

“Oh, are you both going to duel?”

A foreign sound suddenly emerged in the room which startled the three occupiers. A woman with a sharp gaze, standing around 163 cm tall struts inside the room while whistling and settled down on one of the benches before crossing her legs.

“Chaeyeon? You already back? I heard you had to go across the empire to check Wiz Academy sister school.”

To Yuri’s surprise the animosity she felt from Yena suddenly dissipates from Yena as soon as this Chaeyeon person making her entrance. However, for some reason, Hyewon is the one who is making a disgusting face while turning her back away from Yuri and Yena. Pursing her lips, Yuri decides that she shouldn't poke deeper about Hyewon’s sudden change in behavior. Maybe they can talk about this later inside their room, away from the annoying Choi Yena.

***

For Yena, she is bored for the past first week in the Wiz Academy because she had no one to be her sparring partner during the morning practice. Their reasonings? Yena already overwhelmed them by showing off her Aura Sword and no way they can be a suitable sparring partner for the Duke heiress. This makes Yena pissed because she couldn’t gauge her ability well while practicing against the dummy. She blamed the Jo Yuri girl for making the blonde girl looks like a notorious criminal when in fact, Yena is just a girl who loves swordplay.

She thought to ask Sakura in becoming her morning practice partner but the Vice President of the Student Council straightforwardly rejected Yena’s proposal while saying, “Until you are aware of your wrongdoings, I won’t spare any seconds with you,” which put Yena in a sour mood. She is sure that Sakura just tried wooing Eunbi because the girl with wavy black hair seems to take a liking on the Jo Yuri kid.

“This is all because of her!”

Yena clenched her fist while spitting out her spitefulness against the bratty, commoner girl who seems to not know her place. Yuri seems to be different from other students as normally, people will immediately bow their head and heed to any of Yena’s requests but it seems to not working like that with Yuri. The brunette bravely stepped in front of Yena and didn’t hesitate to yell right back at the blonde-haired girl while ignoring Yena’s total existence.

Not only that, but Yuri also is responsible for stealing Yena’s first spot from her, adding oil onto Yena burning rage towards the shorter brunette. That’s why Yena decided to pull some trick against the girl during their detention (which is more like a social service in Yena opinion). Little did she expected the girl to retaliate aggressively by using magic to remove the foldable stairs which Yena use to clean spiderweb at the ceiling.

She is eager to resume her fight with Yuri and see how things turn as they go all out with their skills but halted from doing so at the sight of Chaeyeon. This girl, Lee Chaeyeon, the heiress of Count Lee is a talent that many people deemed as only appear once in a century. Yena respected Chaeyeon so much for her ability in defeating an opponent triple her own size. Thus, she ceased her fight and waddled towards Chaeyeon and took a seat in front of the girl while grinning, “Chaeyeon! Be my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter