The Hamster & The Duck: Duel

From Nemesis To..?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Registering herself into the prestigious Wiz Academy, Yuri met with two interesting sophomore students from the Student Council, Kwon Eunbi and Miyawaki Sakura. Then, she met her roommate, Kang Hyewon who looks like a gentle lady. As she is about to settle in and ready for the opening ceremony, a certain loud ducky stormed inside her room and challenged Yuri for a duel…

***

“That’s more like it. At least you’re not spineless.”

An arrogant smile crept up on this crazy duck-like girl which somehow ticked Yuri’s off. She had been preparing herself to not be associated nor swept by noble’s haughty attitude but this certain girl really crossed Yuri’s line. Never in her life, she encountered such a rude girl who barged into others rooms and caused ruckus which attracted others attention.

If she had any chance, Yuri will be glad to chew this girl named Yena’s head off, maybe put a damp on that over-swelling pride too while she is at it. She tossed aside her remaining clothes before locking stares with Yena who looked impatient. She didn’t know the reason behind this crazy duck storming inside her room but Yuri didn’t want to simply back off. When she is dragged into this mess which gained unnecessary attention from fellow students, Yuri knows that she has no way to let them see her vulnerable side which will result in these snobbish kids messing with her in the upcoming days. Screw her plan to lay low, maybe this is the correct way to lead her student’s life away from any bullying.

“Let’s move outside, this place is too small to crush you into pieces.”

Whistles and exclamation filled the place after Yuri finished her words. She threw her burning gaze towards Yena who jerked her eyebrows while chuckling in amazement. The blonde girl whipped her head towards the corridor which Yuri takes as a signal to be the place they sparred. Cracking her knuckles, Yuri heaved a sigh while puffing her cheeks, gathering her concentration to crush this girl. She knows that she might be acting recklessly but her adrenaline rush defied Yuri’s logical reasoning. She wants to fight this girl who seems like having quite an amount of fame to fuel those prideful attitudes of Yena.

“Hyewon, you be the referee for our duel.”

“Yena, cease this duel at once! You know that this will earn you a detention before the class even starts!”

“So what about it? I won’t get any more chances to see the best student’s ability if we already become full-fledged students. Now you step aside from this matter and just be the damn referee or you’ll see your family suffer from your poor decision.”

Grunts can be heard from Hyewon’s mouth as the girl glanced worriedly at Yuri while frowning. Yuri knew about this situation and is quick to realize that whoever this Yena girl is, her family’s rank might be above Hyewon to make this ducky dare to threaten Hyewon. Knowing that her rash decision somehow dragged Hyewon too, Yuri clenched her fist as she vowed to beat this Yena girl and let her eat dust on the floor.

“This duel will be only one round, the first person who concedes is considered lost.”

Hyewon raised both of her arms while standing in between Yena and Yuri who looked like they were more than ready to pounce on one another. She is worried about these two friends of hers which have too much young blood inside their body. Knowing that she had no ways in stopping them both, not to mention with the crowds of students who are raring to see a bloody fight, Hyewon commenced the battle as she retreated back from the upcoming battle.

***

“Here I come!”

Yena lunges herself towards Yuri in an astounding speed while equipping her wooden sword, smiling smugly seeing the other girl is rooted at her place. She didn’t hesitate to swing her sword and slash Yuri who is clearly baffled by Yena’s ability.

“Hah, easy win!”

Yena pinned Yuri on the floor with her sword aimed at the girl’s neck, her knees locked Yuri from making any moves.

“I thought you’d be smarter than this.”

‘What-”

To Yena’s surprise, she sees Yuri standing behind her while pointing a wand at Yena’s head. She looks bedazzled at the stunt that Yuri pulled, turning her head towards the thing which she pinned earlier. This Yuri on the floor just sticking her tongue out before disappearing into the thin air, leaving behind Yena who is cursing loudly.

“Not so fast!”

She used her hilt and pushed her knees upwards, yanking Yuri’s hands away from her head. Taking her stance, Yena steadied her breath as she drew her innermost power and focused it onto her sword.

“Ohh, that’s the famous Aura Sword!”

“Crazy, with only a wooden sword?”

“Choi Yena is insane!”

Her pride is swelling upon hearing murmuring from the crowds. Aura Sword, a signature move for Duke Choi’s family for generations. Only the most gifted knights in the empire who already trained their body thoroughly are able to wield such skills and everyone knows how formidable this skill is which is rumored to be able to slice a mountain easily. Well, they are not wrong to be fascinated seeing Yena wielded such skill as she started her training earlier than anybody else. She had been working her off when everyone is slacking off, of course all her hard work paid off in exchange with recognition from people. She needs to do her best, strive in everything she does or it will taint her family name.

Entering Wiz Academy, the best place to establish her name and being acknowledged by lots of people, Yena knows that she will get that first place just like what she deserved after years of training with elites. Thus, she didn’t bother t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter