01.

A SUDDEN SCANDAL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

!!WARNING!!

This story is based on real event with imaginative plot (yeah it does hahaha)

And hello~ this is a co-author story both me and my best friend (kimbobbain) have been working on. We hope this could give some hope to everyone n fun!

You have been warned---Do enjoy ^^

 

"Hanbin. I'll really feel thankful if you can cooperate with me in this situation. After you leave YGE, my brother and I will step down from our positions as a trade." Said Mr. Yang with a straight face like it's not a big deal.

Hanbin feels like a lightning strikes straight to his brain. He wishes what he’s listening is nothing but a dream. He wants to wake up from this scary dream so badly. It is scarier than dreaming a ghost.

But all of that is a truth; one that he needs to swallow alone despite the continuous lump narrowing his windpipe. He doesn't know what to do or what decision he should have made.

After dispatch ( u dispatch! Seriously!) has released a screenshot of his Kakaotalk conversation about his thought using a drug, he knows he is in big trouble.

But one thing he doesn’t know that he will be in this “BIG” trouble. He thinks maybe he will just get detention or got banned for a year but what he heard is like a concrete falling straight onto him.

Why must he leave the company? But all over that; why the he must leave iKON?! iKON is a life that he’s hanging onto until now. Why would his sajangnim did this to him is making Hanbin questioning himself.

YG seeing the silence wrapping Hanbin starts to open his mouth again taking advantage to speak. With both elbows prompted on the desk, he looks over the young man with a harden look. One that Hanbin can’t decipher.

"Hanbin, I know you must feel like you are being mistreated with zero understanding of the situation now.” Hanbin has to nod, he is confused. “But as you know, our company has been in a lot of damage with the scandals that’s going on now and this is the only way that I can think of.” He deliberately stresses on the only. “After all, you did think about using it, didn’t you?" He continued again. "This too will pass one day and people will stop talking about it! That's when you can start all over again; your career, your dreams, and most of all, your teammates.”

Hanbin’s expression screams thousands of rage by listening to the man’s reasoning. “I promise that. But for now I’m really sorry.” That’s the last words coming out from YG’s mouth before he completely shuts his mouth and leans back on his chair. Not knowing the damage he has done on Hanbin.

"Then, what about iKON?! How will the members react when they find out about this? I know I’m in a big trouble the moment I think of taking it but sir I swear to God!—“ He pauses to catch a breath. “I didn’t even touch that thing what even more to get close to it! Please sir! Believe me! This feels so wronged! I can’t leave iKON—I cannot leave my members behind!" Hanbin said with tears flowing down from his swollen eyes, ruining his face.

He is in despair thinking how he will survive after this. It is really hard for him to believe that in a blink of an eye all his dream that he’s pursuing would collapse within seconds.

Ppap! His mind goes blank and one name crossing through his mind. Jiwon! How will Jiwon react? What will Jiwon think about him?

 

 

 

In the dorm; Jiwon sits alone in the living room while watching TV but suddenly he craves for ice cream. So his thoughts about having it with Hanbin, he knows the latter loves ice cream. Jiwon searches for his phone in the pile of his clothes over the floor—it’s all clean, he’s not June. He dials up Hanbin’s number. Waiting for the dial, he walks to Hanbin’s room but he can’t find him there. The room is empty.

The call reaches voicemail box. Jiwon clicks his tongue, pouting when Hanbin doesn’t pick his call up. Is he in a meeting or something? He thoughts just in time when he sees Jinhwan walking out from the kitchen.
 

“Jinan hyung. Have you seen Hanbin?" He asks walking his way towards the older.

"He went out early this morning said he wanted to go to the studio.” Jinhwan retorts. “I guess he hasn't come back yet." He tilts his head looking at Jiwon while shrugging his shoulders.

"Why are you asking?" Jinhwan watches the confusion on Jiwon’s face.

"Nah~ I just want to grab some ice cream with him because I know how much he loves it. But now he’s out so I guess I’m going alone then." Jiwon said with a little disappointment on his face.

"Hey I can come with you. I’ve been craving something sweet so ice cream is the answer then!" Jinhwan said with a smile on his face.

Jinhwan knows Jiwon has been missing Hanbin because they rarely hang out together these past few days. Hanbin is being busy while Jiwon needs some attention. He thinks this two sometimes can't understand each other with ego eating them up. So he accompanies Jiwon instead, knowing it’s a win-win for him too.
 

 

Donghyuk runs as fast as he can to their dorm. His legs almost numb but he couldn’t care less about that now. His priority is to arrive at the dorm faster than ever.

When he has arrived he shouts for Hanbin’s name but no answer as he walks directly to the room only to see no one in there. His frantic voice makes the others come out, running towards him curious of what happened.

“Yah. Why are you shouting in the middle of noon? Heol.” Junhoe who gets startled in his sleep feels annoyed with the sudden situation.

“Did you guys see Hanbin hyung? Did he ever come back last night?!” Donghyuk asks with a worried face.

Jiwon who has just came out from the bathroom looks confused when he sees everyone gathering in the living room. They look worried and lost at the same time.

“Why are you guys gathering here? Is there any announcement or something?” He asks and sits beside Jinhwan.

“Jiwon-ah, did Hanbin come home last night? Did you perhaps know where did he go?” Jinhwan looks worry and that makes Jiwon more confused. He feels like something is wrong.

“Aren’t you said he went to the studio yesterday morning? Also he’s not in the room since last night so I bet he slept at the studio.”  He said fidgeting with his finger. “Where the Hanbin goes?” His mind is thinking.

“Maybe he went to supermarket or home? Have you called him yet?” Yunhyeong who sits silently just now starts to open his mouth. He starts to worry if anything happens to Hanbin. He sees everything what Hanbin went through so he is most afraid if something bad happens to him.

“Guys.” Suddenly Chanwoo’s voice makes everyone turns to him. He is holding his phone, scrolling over it and his face in disbelief or more to a shock.

“Chanu-yah it’s not the time for you to play the phone. We all—“ Jinhwan’s words got cut when Chanwoo shows his phone to them.

 

 

They stand still in shock, can’t believe what they have just seen. Junhoe rubbing his eyes a few times thinking he is dreaming while the others are too taken aback to even say anything; trying to adapt what’s going on. Chanwoo stands up from his place and rushes to the bathroom as he feels like his tears are about to flow down. He can’t let anyone sees it.

“Hyung, where are you? What’s going on? What are you hiding from us?” Chanwoo can’t stop his mind from thinking what has happened. As far as he knows, his hyung would never do anything that can harm himself or the group. He bets the members think of the same things too.

 

 

Hanbin is lost in his thought. He’s roaming around without knowing where his footsteps is leading him to. It seems too heavy for him to walk but he couldn’t stop. He just can’t believe this is happening to him. He gives his best for the company, sacrifices his childhood and his youth just to be a great artist and yet his sajangnim just threw him like this. He feels so unfair.

He wants to reveal everything, he wants to clear his name and receives a fair treatment from his company but how can he stop that old man? YG is powerful making him capable of doing anything that he wants; including ruining anyone’s future.

Real goes down when dispatch releases the statement without asking his confirmation. Where the hell did they got the chat Hanbin has no idea and suddenly he needs to bear all of these s? How low can a human be when it comes to power and wealth? Damn!

Without Hanbin realizes his footsteps bring him to the Han River. He snickers like a mad man, mentally giving applause to his own feet for bringing him here in this situation. Hanbin sits on the stairs, feeling his own weight of the body kicking in as he stares into the calm river, his tears fall again. He knows right now his family, s and even his fans might have known about this news.

He doesn’t care if anyone sees him here but for now all he thinks about is how to confront s. What should he tell them?

 

 

Jiwon has been calling Hanbin nonstop since they have seen the news but all he got is a voicemail. He’s worried if Hanbin suddenly making a rush decision or anything bad that could harm himself. Jiwon really hopes Hanbin will not go that far.

He wants to be by Hanbin’s side right now. He wants to hug him tightly and tells him everything will be okay. But until now he hasn’t even known Hanbin’s whereabouts. Their managers are trying hard to find the leader outside but they haven’t found him yet. They have told the rests to stay put but how could they? So following Jinhwan’s idea, they are trying to contact anyone which the leader is possible to be with now.

His brain keep working nonstop trying to find what method can be used to track Hanbin and ting! His fingers working fast on his phone to open a twitter app. The moment the timeline appears the first thing he sees is a new updates and this is more of a shock than before.

 

       

 

 

 

Jiwon’s mind is completely blanked. His phone drops from his hands to the ground; he doesn’t mind the loud thud. This is crazy, he can’t believe what he sees. It feels like everything has stopped. His mind is empty and body feels tremendously weak. He let his body sinks down to the edge of his bed with his hands covering his head. 

This is not Hanbin. The Kim Hanbin that he knows is a responsible man and he wouldn’t leave the team. He knows him, Jiwon spends the half of his lifetime with Hanbin almost 24/7 so is it possible for the man to take this ?! He knows something is wrong. He can’t sit silent like this. The whole group need to know the truth!

As soon as he made up his mind, Donghyuk runs towards him as he shows his phone to Jiwon. It contains Hanbin’s apology letter that he has posted on his Instagram. He looks at Donghyuk’s face, their perplexity mirroring each other with tears streaming the younger’s eyes. Oh god, what mess must we have to go through again!

Making up his mind, he makes a move to the company. The big storm has hit them real hard to the point they are walking limp but someone needs to do something or the group will perish. Jiwon won’t let that happened.

 

 

The moment Jiwon rushes outside like a raging storm, Jinhwan knows that is going down. The rests and him try to catch up with the rapper but then Yunhyeong grabs his hand, halting Jinhwan in his hurried steps. His chaotic mind stops screaming the moment he’s stopped in his track by the second oldest.

“What is it?” They are both standing before the main big entrance that’s separating them between the building and the outside world, others are long gone by foot. But Jinhwan knows better where Jiwon is heading, and he bets the rests know it too.

“Hyung, let Chanwoo and the others take care of Jiwon. We have to find Hanbin.” An instance the name is mentioned, the chaos in his head returns. But this time he can think straight. Without saying anything, he runs following Yunhyeong to the opposite direction the members have taken. He has no idea why he’s running but the knowledge of losing time meaning a higher chance of losing the leader too.

Leader. Jinhwan’s mind plays around with the word. Hanbin will always be their leader. the article he thoughts. It doesn’t matter if he left. Hanbin will always be their members. Suddenly, the thought of him leaving stings Jinhwan’s heart. His feet stops stomping, body stiffens and legs wobble. His two hands quickly support his two knees or else he might fall. As he casts his head down, he feels tears prickling down his face. He can’t stop, he wants to wipe it out but even his arms feel so weak. Jinhwan feels so down. He can’t keep up.

He can’t keep up with all this mess.

Luckily, Yunhyeong notices his absence as he turns back to where the older is standing 20 meters away from him. As when he’s close, he notices the tears cascading down Jinhwan’s cheeks. Yunhyeong inhales deeply, knowing it’s time for him to be the strong one.

“Jinhwan hyung.” His voice is soft yet firm, enough for Jinhwan to hold on to as the oldest lift his head up. A pair of bloodshot eyes greeting him.

“Hyung, I know this is confusing. To be honest with, I’m confused too.” Yunhyeong said, trying hard to supress the tears building up at the edge of his lids. Watching Jinhwan breaks down isn’t a good idea. “But first thing comes first. We have to find Hanbin and fast!” He reckons. “Or else…”

“What?” Jinhwan bites up after the long silence. Finally his arms moving to wipe his face. Yunhyeong’s words scared him. “What?!” He screams, not paying any heeds to anyone watching them along the pedestrians’ walk. Yet thankfully it’s empty. Handling some stupid paparazzi or another dispatch is not on his liking.

Jinhwan watches Yunhyeong’s lips tremble. His eyes turn slightly red but no effort for tears to flow down. “I—I’m afraid we won’t make it in time.” That’s all it takes for both of them to run.

 

 

At first, they are not allowed to meet the CEO. But thankful to Bobby’s courtesy and Donghyuk’s polite gestures—when it’s no secret to June and Chanwoo how angry both of them are, the staff let them see Yang Sajangnim in his office. The walk is nerve-wrecking as they followed the secretary’s steps, all eyes casted down to the floor. As when they’ve arrived, a simple knock on the door followed by ‘yes’ have all four of them sitting right before Yang Hyun Suk on the couch.

“I’m not surprised to see you guys here.” The older man said, one leg crossing over the other with both hands clasped and stayed put over his thigh. His signature hat on his head no longer able to hide the glint inside his eyes. Bobby knows something is up, even the old man’s body gestures scream unfamiliarity.

“Sajangnim, we’re sorry for disturbing you but—“

“What’s happening to Hanbin hyung?” June cuts off Donghyuk even before the latter could finish talking. The CEO is surprised as the rests but he opts to say nothing. Bobby silently watches by the sid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter