Chapter 2

I'll Meet You in Another Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Words: 6k

Not proofread yet. Some curse words ahead. 

"Jimin, what have you done?" Yoongi confronts the younger, sword drawn dangerously close to the other's neck. 

 

Said male is unfazed. "It has been done, Hyung," he says and Yoongi already knows when he's seen the different light inside Sejeong's body, indicating a different unfamiliar soul inside. He's got a clue as to how Jimin managed to slip through his 24/7 watch, but he was surprised at how he wasn't able to notice that Sejeong's soul has left her body. 

Angels like him and Jimin are able to insert themselves in humans' dreams. It is a way of communication between angels and humans in cases that they need to warn them of future harm. 

Jimin opens his palm and reveals a ball of light and Yoongi senses that it is Sejeong's soul. "Your child agreed to it..." 

Of course Sejeong would agree, Yoongi thinks. She's too kind, too caring about other people even the ones she's never met before. It probably only took Jimin saying that a person is dying for Sejeong to agree. He lowers his sword, hides it inside his robe and takes Sejeong's essence from Jimin's hand. 

If Sejeong herself has agreed to it by choice then there is nothing else that he can do. While guardian angels prevent bad things from happening to their children, many events are still caused by their children's decisions. While they have some control over outside factors, they have no control over their children's actions. Jimin knows this very well and Yoongi could only glare at Jimin for taking advantage of his child's kindness. 

"You are aware of the consequences, right?" he warns the younger who looks down. Jimin has broken multiple Heaven's laws by doing this and there is a high chance that he will be called back to the Gates and face God's judgement where he will either be sent down to Hell or cease to exist, forever disappearing from any form of entity. 

"Yes," he simply answers. "Just like you, hyung, I will do anything for my child. Even if it means that I will disappear." 

Yoongi can see in his eyes that he has accepted his faith. Still, Yoongi has one last thing to say. As an angel, he would never wish ill intention to anyone, but Jimin has threatened the safety of his child and he doesn't think he can look over that despite knowing that Jimin will disappear after all of this. 

"If my child and the people she cares about gets hurt because of this, I will come find you first before the Lord himself." 

As he apologizes for using God's name easily, he opens his wings and flies away.

Jimin better hopes this will work or Yoongi will come after him himself. 

 

Her eyes shoot open as she gasps for air. She stares at the ceiling, but instead of the night stars greeting her, a crystal chandelier is in its place. There are light pink frill curtains around the bed. She clutches on her blanket and feels the different softness of the fabric. Her pillows smell different, like the scent of the lavender flower.

She slowly gets up and looks around the room, her room that seems to have gotten three times bigger. There’s a long ottoman by the wide windows, a hairdresser with a wide mirror, and makeup aligned on its table. On the other side where another wide window is, settles a long couch full of stuffed animals in varying sizes, most of them teddy bears.

The room is bigger, different than her room. Completely different.

This is not her room. Where is she?

She looks at her hands, that looks paler than her skin. She touches her face, her hair, her s. Everything is different.

She runs to the mirror and stares at herself but it is not her that she sees. It’s another girl. She’s got straight hair longer than hers. She’s got thick eyelashes and thin lips. She looks child-like, almost like a doll with how pale she is.

 

Lee Hara.

This is the girl that the man in her dreams has told her. She remembers their conversation. 

"In three months' time, Lee Hara's condition will worsen. During that time, Lee Hara will live as you and you will live as her. When the time is up, you will return back to your body. It is up to you if you would like to keep your memories or erase them."

When she agreed to the man's plea, she was only half-serious, still convinced that she was dreaming. She pinches her cheek, Lee Hara's cheek, and realizes that huh, it was not a dream. She turns back and looks around the room. 

Lee Hara. A girl with the same age as her. Born in an affluent family and with a weak heart. This girl, according to the man in her dreams, is dying, and only wishes to experience what a happy life is before she does. Sejeong feels her heart aching in sadness.The whole ordeal feels surreal to her, but if this weird ordeal will help a dying girl, then Sejeong is glad that she agreed. 

You will be fine. 

 

So. What now? 

There's a knock on the door and for a moment, Sejeong panics. "Who is it?" she speaks, immediately covering from the different voice that comes out of her. 

"Miss Hara, may I come in?" 

She runs to the door and warily opens it. Behind the door is an older man in a black suit. 

Mr. Yoo, the family butler.

The recognition of the man in front of her surprises Sejeong and she’s speechless as she stares at an old man in suit who is staring back at her. In his hand is a tray of food to which Sejeong does not recognize until later when the butler sets it on the side of her bed.

“Good day, Miss Hara,” he greets with a slight bow which Sejeong returns slowly, not knowing how to react to an older person bowing to her. “I was just checking in on you and brought you your breakfast.”

“Oh…thank you,” is all Sejeong could say.

“May…I come in?”

“Oh. Oh! Yes,” she says again, still in daze as she steps aside to let the older man come in. He moves to her bed and sets the tray on the table.

Sejeong sees that he’s brought a bowl of veggie salad, bread and butter, a small bowl of soup and water. At the sight of vegetables, Sejeong scrunches her face and realizing seconds later that oh, she has to eat that. Next to the water is a small little container of pills, five in total.

“Enjoy and get some more rest. Please call me if you need anything else. And please do not skip your medicine this time,” Mr. Yoo simply says and turns to leave the room.

Sejeong inspect her food. Is this what this girl eats in the morning? Salad?

“Um- Excuse me,” she calls to Mr. Yoo who was about to close the door behind him. He looks up and waits for Sejeong to follow up. “Do you have-” she stops herself. “chicken…instead?” What if this girl’s diet is only vegetables? Like she’s vegetarian maybe? No wonder this girl is so skinny but Sejeong hates her vegetables. She will eat a certain amount but she always has to eat meat.

“Chicken?” Mr. Yoo blinks, surprised to hear of the young miss’ request.

“Uh, is that okay?” Sejeong tries.

“Um, of course, I just- you haven’t eaten meat for five years now…”

At the mention of that, Sejeong thinks that maybe she's made a mistake. “Oh, oh! Yes, sorry. Forget I said anything.”

That doesn’t seem enough for Mr. Yoo who steps forward inside the room again. “Are you sure you are feeling alright, Miss? You don’t seem like yourself today…”

Sejeong’s eyes widen. How could he catch that so quickly? Is she really acting too weird, but then again, how could she possibly know if she is when she knows nothing about this girl. opens but no explanation is coming out.

“Could it be…” Mr. Yoo starts and Sejeong braces for what’s to come. “That you have decided to change your diet?”

“Sorry?”

Of course. Who would ever guess that there’s a different person living inside someone’s body?

“Yeah, that’s right…”

“Understood,” Mr. Yoo says with a bow. “We’ll have it ready in a bit for you, Miss.”

“Thank you.”

The butler gives her one last unreadable look before leaving her room.

 

 

She's finished with her food and swallowed the numerous pills successfully after gagging for a little bit. The amount of medicine this girl takes is unbelievable, she thinks. The maid has come in and took away the dirty dishes and left her a neatly ironed uniformed on her bed. She stares at it, admiring the contrast of pink and black criss-cross pattern on the coat, skirt and tie. On the left pocket is the nametag with the name Lee Hara stitched on. She spends the next few minutes walking around the room, taking it all in, then a few more minutes just staring at herself, still trying to wrap her head to the fact that she is in a different body. Lee Hara. Starting that day, she is Lee Hara. At least for a short period of time. There is another knock on the door. "Miss Hara, are you ready?" Oh, crap. She's supposed to get ready. "Um- not yet!" She bolts to the bedroom's bathroom. She has a hard time focusing on the task on hand as she admires the interior of the bathroom and how big it is. When she's snapped herself back after admiring the fact that it has separate shower and tub (oh my god is that a hot tub?!), she's taken her body to the shower, feeling shy during as she has to touch someone else's body, and taken herself out of the shower to get dressed. She leaves the room and again, is distracted by how beautiful the house is. A long hall in modern design with original paintings decorating the walls. Upon admiring she finds the stairs that leads to the first floor and sees Mr. Yoo and a couple of maids waiting down the stairs. "Mr. Jinwoon is here," Mr. Yoo tells her. "Oh. Thank you," she says, adjusting her tie. "Where's your bag, Miss?" The man asks as she was about to walk past the door. Oh yeah! A bag. She's going to school. "Uh…" "I will go get it," the maid says and proceeds to go up the stairs. Sejeong mumbles a thank you. If that was her household, her mom would have yelled at her to go back and get it or Namjoon would have tossed it to her. "Are you sure you are feeling fine, Miss Hara?" Mr. Yoo asks once more. "You don't have to go to school if you are still not feeling well." "Oh, I'm fine! I'm fine!" she says, faking her laughter. The maid comes back just as quickly and Sejeong thanks them before telling them to have a nice day, exiting out the door. There's a black Mercedes waiting by the gates and she assumes it is her driver. She knocks on the passenger seat door and opens it slowly, looking at the driver's seat. "Good morning." The man who doesn't look any older than 40, turns around, a puzzled look on his face. Im Jinwoon. Family driver. Her mind tells her. "Are you feeling okay, Miss?" he asks. "Huh?" "I'm sorry. It's just you never said 'good morning' to me before." "Oh." She plays it off with a laugh. Jinwoon gives her another look through the rearview mirror before driving away. Lee Hara doesn't say good morning? Then how does she greet people in the morning? The car drives inside a big campus and Sejeong awes at the building's looks. A school almost Victorian style, a big fountain with the founder's statue in front of the building, big stairs extending toward the entrance door. She sees students in the same uniform as her, walking to the building. Some of them in groups, some walking alone and for a moment, she misses walking with Taehyung, bickering about who will get the last sip of banana milk. She shakes the thought away. This is only temporary and before she knows it, she will be back with her family. "Thank you, Jinwoon!" she says as she gets out of the car, admiring the scenic view of the campus. She looks around, still in awe. It's very different from her school. She goes to a public school, wherein, this school, with its wide metal gates and well-taken care frontyard with healthy green grass, is a private school for the wealthy. "Oh look! The Ice Queen is here!" A voice of a male announces as Sejeong takes a step on the stairs. She looks over to see who he is calling Ice Queen and finds a smirking male looking straight at her. He's wearing his white longsleeve button up and his black and pink plaid tie. He's dyed his hair in auburn color, with the right side of his head shaved. He's got a sterling silver earring on his right ear and Sejeong thinks he looks like one of those people Namjoon used to hang out with in high school. Me? she thinks, pointing at herself. She looks around, confirming that there is no one else but her. Some students are looking over and whispering to themselves. Sejeong is even more confused. "Well, Ice Queen," the guy says. "What is your decree today?" "Probably wants to embarrass herself again." Someone bumps on her shoulder and she awes in pain. Turning to her side is a pretty girl taller than her, with curly hair and pink clips on her hair. Following her is another girl with shoulder length hair, both of them giving her condenscending looks as they walk past her. What's their deal? She feels someone grab her by the wrist. It's the same smirking guy now holding her hand in both his. "I sincerely apologize for what happened to your music notes." His expression says otherwise. Sejeong does not fail to notice the playful smirk hanging on the corner of his lips. What's his deal? "Leave her alone, Minwoo." Another guy comes up from behind them, grabbing the other by his arm, resulting for the said male to let go of her hand. The newcomer has black hair, big round eyes and sharp nose. He's tall, probably around Taehyung
Please log in to read the full chapter