Chapter 3

I'll Meet You in Another Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

I didn't abandon this story! Just needed to write chapters ahead to make sure the transition is satisfactory.

Word: 3.5k

She opens her eyes and they didn’t feel heavy like usual. She blinks a few times, stars on the ceiling greeting her. She slowly gets up, sunflower-decor blanket sliding off of her body. She looks at her hands and touches her face. She looks around and finds herself in a quaint little room, just about enough to fit a bed and a tiny dresser in the corner. 

“Jimin?” she calls, but there is no answer. 

“Oh, you’re up already?” a voice comes from the door. She turns around and sees a man with a beautiful face and beautiful eyes. He smiles at her and she blinks.

"That is Kim Seokjin,” she hears Jimin whisper in her ear. “Kim Sejeong’s oldest brother."

“Good morning, bedhair,” Seokjin greets, rubbing his palm on her head, messing her hair even more. 

“Good morning…” she greets. 

“Get up. So you can use the bathroom before Taehyung.” The guy winks at her and leaves with another smile. 

She touches her head, feels his touch still lingers on her scalp, still feels the warmth of his hand on her head. So Jimin really made it happen. 

She is not Lee Hara anymore but Kim Sejeong.

From above, Jimin watches Lee Hara sit there, looking at the door, listening to the voices of the men of the household. He smiles when he sees the tiny smile on Lee Hara’s face. 

 

 

It’s a new day. When she opens her eyes that morning, Sejeong thinks that she would wake up to the stars on her ceiling but it is still the glass chandelier that she sees. 

Yesterday was not a dream. Her being in a girl named Lee Hara’s body is not a dream. 

As she eats her breakfast, she feels a tinge of loneliness thinking of her family. Seokjin would have woken her up, Taehyung would have hogged the bathroom and she would have to hold in her pee. Her mother and father would be around the table while her brothers bicker. 

Instead of that morning chaos, she eats alone, being watched by two maids and Mr. Yoo who just stands there while she eats. She feels awkward, being attended and not joined. She has asked them to join them to which the house helpers only reacted with puzzled looks. 

She reassures herself that it is only temporary and she hopes that the girl is doing okay living as her. After all that happened yesterday, she just hopes that she didn’t make her life any worse. She’s going to have to deal with the consequences from yesterday and she’s not looking forward to it.

Although, there is one thing she is looking forward to...

“Good morning!” she greets, a little too loudly, as she sits on her desk. Some students look over, wondering why Lee Hara is being so loud that morning. 

Nari looks at her judgmentally, as if she’s embarrassed of her new friend. “Keep it down, girl.” 

Sejeong just smiles at her. “Okie.” She opens her bag, pulls a little bottle of banana milk and places it on Nari’s desk. 

“What’s this?” 

“A little gift,” Sejeong replies, winking at her new friend. 

It’s a little habit that she does, giving new friends that she really likes a little gift, often times they are gifts that she likes, like banana milk. 

Nari picks up the bottle, looks at it, looks at Hara, and chuckles. She’s not really into banana milk, but wow, Lee Hara is actually pretty adorable. “Thanks.” 

“So what are you reading today?” Sejeong asks and Nari pulls out her magazine and starts to tell her what the edition is about. 

Across the room, Sejeong doesn’t notice the whispering, the curious inquiry of why in the world is Nari talking to the Ice Queen. 

“Are they friends now?” they whisper. 

 

 

It’s lunch time. Sejeong and Nari manages to grab some snacks from the cafeteria and stays in the classroom, pulling their tables together. 

“So, question,” Sejeong starts, scooping her yogurt. “If I wear a pink shirt with a green skirt-” 

“Let me stop you right there,” Nari says, holding up his hand. “Unless you want to look like a fairy, that combo is absolutely a no-no.” 

“Wha- I haven’t even finished,” the other says in protest. 

“You already said too much,” Nari says and laughs when Lee Hara’s expression falls in offense. 

Sejeong has learned that Nari is into fashion, so she always carry fashion magazines with her. She herself is not very knowledgeable about fashion, having learned fashion from her brothers. Her friends weren’t into fashion either, all of them having little boyish sides so it is refreshing for her to meet someone that has a different interest than she does. 

“Nari.” 

The two girls look up to see two girls standing next to their desks. Sejeong recognizes them as the two girls she’s met yesterday.

It’s strange. She doesn’t really know their names, and Jimin seem to forgot to tell her who they are. One thing she is certain though is that these two is not fond of Lee Hara.

“…yes?” Nari answers. 

“Looks like you and Ice Queen are buddies now,” the girl with curly hair says, a smirk on the corner of her lips. “What happened? From what I can remember, Ice Queen here called you a ‘’.”

She’s not looking at Sejeong, blatantly ignoring her presence there. 

Nari stays quiet, leans in her chair, making herself small. Sejeong watches Nari just stay quiet there and by the look in her face, she doesn’t want to deal with them. It seems her new friend is a little intimidated by the two. 

Sejeong knows they're trouble, but she's not one to pick fights either. She's learned from her brothers that involving yourself in fights will not lead to anything good. Though, she badly just wants them to leave her and her new found friend alone. 

"Excuse me," she says, as politely as she can. The two looks at her with disgust, the corner of their lips tugged upward. "If you guys aren't gonna join us, it would be nice if you two could leave us alone." 

"Join you?" the first girl says, laughing sarcastically. "like hell I would." The two girls gives Nari one last look before turning around with as much sass as they can do. Sejeong could almost laugh at how cliche they are. Typical rich, popular girls and it's obvious Hara is their target.

"Sorry," Nari apologizes out of nowhere, pouting and looking at her with guilt. "I usually don't care about others, but you don't really wanna get in their bad sides."

Sejeong looks at the direction the girls disappear in, seeing them leave the room. She leans closer to the table to whisper to Nari. "This is gonna sound weird, but you know how I told you I kinda lost some of my memories? Well, I actually can't remember who they are." 

Nari's eyes widen. "You mean, you don't remember who Jisoo and Dayeon is?" So that's their names. The other shakes her head, completly clueless and curious of what Nari knows. 

"Oh wow. No wonder you talked to them that way. I mean, you and Jisoo hated each other. More of Jisoo to you, since-" she stops herself and thinks about it more. "You know what? We have P.E. later. I think you'll know why she does." 


Sejeong almost squeals at how big the school's basketball court is, white bleachers decorated with gold lining stacked on the sides, polished floors so shiny that you can see your reflection, walls decorated by picture frames, all in gold embroidery. She loves P.E. the most out of all her classes. Taehyung and her always compete with each other in any sports they do. So far, Taehyung is leading, but she's pretty close to beating him. For now, that has to halt. She's just fascinated and excited to use the fancy Gym. 

"Come on," Jooyoung gestures for them to go to sit on the bleachers, which Sejeong wordlessly follows, watching other students dribble and shoots several basketball balls around the court. Most of the girls sit on the bleachers, dressed in their P.E. clothes of shirt and shorts, but hair still down and styled, decorated with hair accessories. Fools, Sejeong thinks. You always want to tie it up if you don't want your hair to impair your vision while you're playing

Please log in to read the full chapter