Episode 6: Summer Camp

Extra-ordinary You (Kkuchaen ver)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri and Sakura are walking together, shopping on the street.

 

"Kkura-yah! What do you think should I wear for this camp?"

"Anything." Sakura says, dragging herself along.

"What do you think Yujin would like?"

"Exactly."

"Maybe a chiffon dress? A y off-shoulder..."

"No." 

"Sakura, let's go in there!" Yuri says, and drags Sakura into another shop.

"No no no wait---"

"This is so pretty!" Yuri says, picking up a dog keychain, "Doesn't this remind you of Yujin?"

Sakura smiles halfheartedly and nods, "Yeah..."

"Recently Yujin got a new keychain on her bag, it's a frog..."

 

Sakura notices a keychain with a orange flower, she holds it up to see it.

 

"Omo omo, is that for Eunbi? Eunbi is so lucky, only Sakura can be this faithful! Right?"

 

"Faithful..." Sakura mumbles.

 

The girls paid for the items and continue shopping on the street.

 

"Gosh, I hope Yujin likes it." Yuri hugs the bag holding the keychain.

 

"Yep." Sakura replies.

 

Why is this scene awfully long? Do I still have to do something?

 

"Oh? Is that...Kim Minjoo?"
 

Yuri grabs Sakura and runs forward to look closer.

 

Across the street is a sandwich shop, and Minjoo is inside sweeping the floor.

 

"Gosh...No way....is she working a part-time job?!" Yuri looks in disbelief.

 

My role in this scene was to see Kim Minjoo working a part-time job...okay...

 

Inside the sandwich shop, a middle school student is making a scene. He seems to be rich, based on the school uniform he was wearing.

 

"JUST BRING IT! STOP MAKING EXCUSES!"
 

"S-Sir...That sandwich is rather popular, so we don't have any in stock right now...If you come back tomorrow---" Minjoo says, trying to be calm.

 

"If you don't have any, make some and bring it to me. The customer is the king, don't you know? Forget it, tell the owner to come out."

 

"Um, sir do you want some cheese sandwiches instead? It's pretty popular too!" Minjoo puts on a smile and shows the cheese sandwich.

 

"Cheese sandwich?" The guy says, holding the sandwich. "How dare you!"

 

The guy raises his hand and...

 

...someone stops him. A girl to be exact.

 

"That's enough." Chaewon says, grabbing his hand.

 

"What is this? Are you the owner here?" 

 

Chaewon ignores him and looks at Minjoo. 

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Minjoo nods, blushing a little.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Chaewon walks Minjoo home, and they walk along an worn down alley.

 

"Chaewon, thank you so much! If it wasn't for you---"

 

"---Why do you always let people do that to you?" Chaewon says, cutting Minjoo's words.

 

Minjoo's smile disappears.

 

"Think about what happened today. Why didn't you report him, or run out and scream for help? And why did you carry the tools for our experiment? That's why you hurt your hand!"

 

Minjoo looks down.

 

"Thanks for your concern, but," Minjoo shows her hands to Chaewon, "I'm perfectly fine!" Minjoo smiles.

 

"You're the only one for me."

 

Chaewon's heart skips a beat.

 

"My guardian angel is you, Kim Chaewon. " Minjoo smiles sweetly.

 

Gosh, is this what Sakura said about the lines? It's so cheesy!

 

"I think you look the prettiest when you smile." Chaewon says, and Minjoo blushes.

 

I'm not sure if that was planned, or if i really meant that.

 

"Thank you for your help today. I'll go inside now." Minjoo waves to Chaewon when a voice interrupts their moment.

 

"Kim Minjoo."

 

Yujin walks down a slope towards them.

 

"Oh? Ahn Yujin? What are you doing here---"

 

"---Is your hand alright?" 

Yujin takes Minjoo's hands and examines it.

"Chaewon, what are you doing here?" Yujin asks coldly.

 

"I had to do something to help Minjoo with my pretty face and slender body." Chaewon smiles and looks at Minjoo. "Anyway, you owe me one! Bye!" Chaewon waves and leaves the two of them.

 

Chaewon sighs and walks off.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura walks down the stairs and gets ready to go to school.

 

"Sakura, do you want to go with me today?" Mr Miyawaki says.

 

"Sure! I'm all for it!" Sakura says, feeling elated.

 

Mr Miyawaki smiles, and makes another suggestion.

 

"Sakura, do you want to quit school and travel the world with me?" 

 

Sakura sighs,

 

"Dad. Do you know what I wanted to do the most when I was in the hospital?"

 

Mr Miyawaki looked at his daughter.

 

"I wanted to go to school. Going to school, going to class, making friends like everybody else."

 

Sakura rubbed her neck,

"While we're on the subject..."

She clasps her hands together and makes puppy eyes.

"I really want to go to this year's summer camp! I've never ever been on a field trip before... Please?"

Mr Miyawaki smiles.

"Alright then, you can go."

"Yes!" 

Sakura sighs,

"But even if you give me permission, there's nothing I can do if the writer doesn't draw me in..."

"What?"

"Hmm?" Sakura pretends to not hear what her father said. "Anyway, you're the best Dad! Thank you!"
 

-----------------

Stage

"What?"

"I can't believe it!"

"I thought we were going to Paris!"

The students are gathered at the notification board to see where they were going for summer camp this year.

"What? We're going somewhere domestic for this year's summer camp?" Sakura says, shocked.

"Man...I just renewed my passport!" Yena complains, pouting.

"Yujin said we HAD to go somewhere in Korea this year. She said she will pay for all the costs. Isn't she so generous?"

"Oh really? Yujin said that? She's amazing!" Sakura said exaggeratedly.

"I still wanted go somewhere abroad this year..." Yena complains.

"Yujin jjang!" Yuri says, smiling happily.

" 'Yujin jjang! Yujin jjang!' " Yena mimicks Yuri, mocking her.

Yuri pushes Yena, feeling annoyed. 

"Are you mimicking me again? Are you making fun of me again? Yah!"

Shing!

 

"My dear Sakura, you're working hard as an extra! You're completely immersed in your role!" Chaewon comes, putting her hand on Sakura's shoulders.

"Yeah, well, what about you?"

"I showed up at the right moment and left at the right moment, leaving them alone, which probably resulted in this." Chaewon says, pointing to the notice that said 'free summer camp'.

Sakura sighs. 

"The whole school has to help the main characters get together, eh?" 

Sakura looks up and says to the writer, 

"Yea yea, they are the bosses!"

"Anyway, why aren't you going around to change your fate?"

"I want to, but nothing's going my way." Sakura sighs again.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Sakura walks into the library in hopes of finding Number 11, but instead Mint Choco Fairy is sitting there reading the comic book.

"I thought you were always in the cafeteria."

"Don't you know? I practically live in the library." 

"Well, since you're reading the book, I guess you know that I don't have much time left."

Mint Choco Fairy looks down and reads the scene where Sakura overhears the doctor's conversation. She looks at her pitifully.

"Hey, don't look at me like that! I'm going to change my fate!" Sakura crosses her arm. 

"Oh! It's Number 11!" Sakura says, looking out of the window. Number 11 is putting her hand in a bush of orange flowers.

"Who?" Mint Choco Fairy asks.

"The girl I mentioned the last time! The key to changing my fate."

"So, did it change?"

Sakura pouted a little,

"I guess not."

"Hey! Who knows, it's not that easy you know?

Anyway, I'll be going. I have to at least try! Bye!"

Sakura runs off, and Mint Choco Fairy looks out of the window to see who it is.

Her eyes widen.

Number 11 looks up from her injured hand and sees Mint Choco Fairy staring at her.

Mint Choco Fairy's smile disappears.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Number 11!" 

 

Number 11 is looking at the back of her hand.

 

Sakura runs up to her, but Number 11 can't seem to hear her.

 

"Number 11---AH!" 

 

Sakura trips and falls down, scraping her knee.

 

"Ah...dang it. Whatever, once the page flips, I'll be good as brand new. Number 11!"

 

--------------------------------

 

"Number 11!" 

Sakura enters the nurse's office.

"Number 11! Are you hurt? I know my way around the nurse's office, hold on for a moment!"

Sakura goes to find a first aid kit that is on a high shelf. Sakura jumps, but she can't reach it. She looks around to see if there is anything she can stand on, and spots a chair with wheels. Sakura stands on it and tiptoes and grabs the first aid kit.

"OK!"

Sakura tries to get down but the chair spins around...

...and she leans onto Number 11, her hand on her shoulders.

They look into each other's eyes for a second.

Everything seems to be in slowmotion.

Sakura's watch shows her heart rate increasing.

 

"Well, um." 

 

Sakura gets down and takes a plaster out of the first aid kit.

She takes Number 11's hand and puts the plaster on Number 11's wound, and blows on it.

"I'm relieved that it's not serious!" Sakura sits down on one of the beds.

"but then again, we're mere extras so we'll be all healed up by the next scene."

Number 11 leans over Sakura and Sakura freezes. She takes a bottle of antiseptic.

Number 11 kneels down and starts treating Sakura's wound.

What was that?

Sakura smiles happily. She looks at Number 11 who still has her poker face on.

"It would be wonderful if you could change my fate with that pretty face of yours..."

Number 11 still stays silent while putting a plaster on Sakura's knee.

"Number11!"

She looks up.

"You better remember me next time! My name is Sakura. Sa. Ku. Ra."

Sakura smiles.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

"Number 11!" 

Sakura grabs her arm. 

"Do you remember me?"

Number 11 looks at the notice board with the list of attendees for the summer camp.

"It hurts to know I'm forgotten everytime."

Number 11 ignores Sakura.

Sakura lets go of her hand.

"Hi, I'm Sakura!"

Sakura smiles at her.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Number 11 lacks in many ways...

She doesn't even have a name to begin with.

Sakura is sitting by the window with a stack of books. waiting for Number 11.

"Oh! Number 11! Come here and help me carry these stack of books to the library, you look strong. By the way, my name is Sakura. Sa. Ku. Ra. "

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

"Number 11!"

Sakura runs with Number 11 on the track.

"Hi! I'm Sakura. Sa. Ku. Ra."

Number 11 gives a little nod and continues jogging.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

It's lesson time, and all the students are in class. 

Of course, the main characters are building up their love for each other.

Yujin takes glances at Minjoo from the other side of the room.

Eunbi looks at Sakura and her eyebrows creases.

Sakura looks at Number 11.

Number 11 looks back at Sakura.

 

Nothing has changed, and she doesn't seem to remember me either.

So would it be weird of me to feel like...

Something is gradually changing?

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

It's D-Day of the summer camp.

Kwon Eunbi is sitting on a passenger seat, with her father sitting behind her.

It's unusually quiet in the car. 

 Mr Kwon is reading his newspaper when he recieves a text message.

 

Chariman Miyawaki suddenly postponed the investment.

 

Mr Kwon puts down his phone and takes off his glasses. He rolls up his newspaper and hits the back of Eunbi's headrest.

Eunbi closes her eyes.

Mr Kwon's eyes instantly turn red and he rages.

 

" F*** IT F*** IT F*** IT!" 

 

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter