Episode 2 - Comic World

Extra-ordinary You (Kkuchaen ver)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura stared at the black hole that had happened right in front of her, eyes and mouth opened in shock. 

She looks around to see if anyone else was looking at it, but no one seemed to notice it. 

Then, she saw Mint Choco Fairy standing below the fridge, looking as tiny as ever,staring at the portal too. 

What's she doing here too? 

Mint Choco Fairy is about to walk off when she sees Sakura looking at her. 

Can she see the portal too? 

Just then, a student bumps into Sakura and when Sakura looked down the bridge, Mint Choco Fairy was gone.

——————————

Sakura rushes into the kitchen, where Mint Choco Fairy was. 

"You! " 

"me?" Mint Choco Fairy says,slowly standing up from the cabinet she was hiding behind. 

"There's no one else here besides you and me,

You know me, right? " 

"I'm not sure, have I seen you before?" 

"We were both staring at the black hole!" 

"Did we?" 

"You were looking at it!"

"It's probably more than what meets the eye." 

"Just answer my question." 

Mint Choco Fairy crossed her arms, "Nothing good will come out of knowing the answer." 

Sakura pouted and diverted her attention to the things on the table. 

That's the book "Secret!" 

Mint Choco Fairy sat on the book. 

"If you have time to spare, won't you give me a hand?" 

Sakura crossed her arms too, "So you won't give me an answer?" and proceeded to leave. 

She went to the library where she found the book, and finally found the shelve where it used to be. 

Its here! 

As she got closer, she realised that in place of the book, it was a black hole. The black hole looked like the one she had seen earlier, along with Mint Choco Fairy. 

This book and the black hole must be connected.... And Mint Choco Fairy! 

Sakura sneaked back into the kitchen when Mint Choco Fairy wasn't looking and found the book. 

She grabbed the book and flipped it open to a page. 

Illustrations full of colour and animated drawings filled the book. 

"I don't like a woman who's ill" 

"You're wasting your time having a crush on me" 

"Do you want me to say it again" 

Wait

This seems familiar! 

Flashbacks of Eunbi saying the exact same words to her started filling her head. 

Could this be? 

Me? 

Sakura dropped the book in shock. 

A sigh escaped from behind Sakura. 

"Looks like you read the book." 

Sakura glared at Mint Choco Fairy angrily. 

"You ert" 

"Me? No!" 

"Then how do you explain the drawings?! " 

"Because we are not humans," 

"What?!" 

"What you're feeling now is the gaps between the scenes." Mint Choco Fairy says, pointing at the empty spaces between each scene in the comic book. 

"You didn't fall asleep, but you're living in the next day. You don't remember coming to school, but you're in school. A few days pass by in a blink of an eye, and you normally wouldn't notice it, but once you gained awareness, you become aware of the gap."

She snaps her fingers and winks at Sakura. 

"Then you end up thinking you lost your memories."

"This isn't amnesia?!" Sakura panics. 

"This is..." 

Mint Choco Fairy pauses for effect. 

Sakura leans forward. 

"The world of comics!" 

Mint Choco Fairy extends her arms out wide. 

"Wow..." 

Mint Choco Fairy grins

"What a lunatic" 

Mint Choco Fairy's smile falters.

"Huh,I'm getting bashed on quite a lot today. Looks like I'll live longer than the writer intended." 

Sakura exhaled in disbelief, "I'm such a fool for actually hearing you out!" 

Mint Choco Fairy grabs Sakura's hand. 

"You're a character in this book," She says, holding up the comic book. 

Sakura rolls her eyes. 

"Let me get this straight. You're saying that we live in a world of comics and I'm a character in this book, and despite being a character I've become aware of myself, so everytime the scene changes, my memory gets cut off." 

"Excatly!" 

"Thank you for your insane babbling." Sakura says, and walks towards the exit. 

Mint Choco Fairy tried to block the way.

"I expected this reaction, I doubted you would believe me. We are strangers and we lack trust in each other!"

"Get out of my way," Sakura lifted her to the right side of the door and walked out. 

"Hey! Sakura, just listen to me!" Mint Choco Fairy said, running out of the kitchen. 

How is this the world of comics?! 

"Sakura!" Mint Choco Fairy called. 

"Oh my! " Sakura says, startled. 

"Hear me out!"

"Why are you following me?!" 

"I'm a good person!" 

"I don't trust cute and short people like you!"

"Now that's just insulting!" 

"Stay away from me!" 

It unexpectedly became a game of chase between Mint Choco Fairy and Sakura. 

Sakura's watch starts beeping and she can feel her heart pounding wildly. 

"W-Wait... Time.... Out...." She says panting, before continuing to run again. 

"Why won't you leave me alone?!" 

"Just hear me out!"   

They run to the bridge where they saw the portal. 

Nako swipes Sakura's switch from her pocket and dangles it in the air. 

"MY SWITCH!" 

"I'll drop this down and it will be good as new when the next scene comes." 

"Are you crazy?!" 

"3...2...1"

Sakura watches as the switch falls down the bridge. She looks back at Mint Choco Fairy with despair in her eyes. 

"You son of a..."

Sakura stops when Mint Choco Fairy turns her around to see her switch... Floating in the air! 

"How? Why? Huh? What's happening?!" 

"Because this is the world of comics!" 

Sakura looks at her switch floating in the air and when she turns around, Mint Choco Fairy is gone. 

Yuri and Yena appear next to her on the bridge. 

"Guys! Didn't you see Mint Choco Fairy?" 

"What?" Yena says, confused. 

"That psychopath tried to drop my switch from the bridge, but it ended up floating in the air!" 

"What are you talking about?" 

"You're holding the switch in your hands!" 

Sakura looked at her hands, and indeed, she was holding it. 

———–———

"It's Mint Choco Fairy!"

"She's so cute!" 

"She could be F4!" 

Sakura stops Mint Choco Fairy who was enjoying all the praises. 

"How did you do that?" 

"Do what?" 

"Make my phone float!" 

"I told you, this is the world of comics!" 

Saggak! 

"It's Yujin!" 

"Yujin!" 

"Ahn Yujin!" 

Yuri taps furiously on Sakura's shoulders. 

"We rehearsed this, push me at the right moment!" 

Sakura nods obediently, and pushes Yuri as Yujin walks over. 

Yuri stumbles forward and brushes past Yujin. 

Yujin steps in front of Sakura. 

"I'll give you a chance" 

For what? 

"I'll give you a chance to thank me." 

"Th.... T.... Tha..." 

Why can't I say anything? 

"What? I can't hear you." 

"Yujin, thank you for existence! Thank you so much! You know how I feel right! " Yuri says, clasping her hands together. 

"Gosh, " Yujin walks away. 

"Yujin... You know it right?" Yuri follows after Yujin. 

————————

Sakura goes to the kitchen again as Mint Choco Fairy is reading the comic book with the exact same scene that just happened. 

"That just happened! You weren't there so how did you know?" 

"Writers are all knowing, they are the creators of this world." 

Sakura eyes the book and snatches it. Mint Choco Fairy grabs the other end of the book. 

"Let me see!" 

"No!" 

"Let go!" 

"You're gonna rip it!" 

Stzzch! 

A page of the book tore out and Sakura falls to the ground with it. She looks at Mint Choco Fairy resentfully. 

Mint Choco Fairy sighs. 

"Just accept it already. You're a character in this comic book, Miyawaki Sakura." 

Sakura looks at the torn page in her hand, the last conversation she had with Eunbi.

'I'll never like someone like you.' 

She sits in the classroom studying it. 

Yuri flips through a comic book. 

"How I wish I lived in here!"

"This is it!" 

"What do you mean?" 

"We live in a world of comics!" 

"Ooh~Kkura has spoken, this is the worl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter