-4-

Mendacity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello Everyone, This is your author. I wanted to first say I am sorry for such a late update. I have been taking a lot of time for self healing and to take care of more personal matters. Thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy this update! I am working on a new update right now as well so chapter 5 should also be up soon. 

 

“Secretary Jeon, to my office please.” I called his room. Not even a minute later, Jungkook was knocking on my door and entering. “Yes, Noona?” He asked. “Kook-ah, I need you to double check these numbers while I finish the powerpoint for the meeting tomorrow please.” I hand him a folder with roll pay, which he takes and quickly gets to the task assigned to him. It’s been about two days into working now, and I’ve gotten the hang of working here. Everyone is genuine here and the only person that I don’t come face to face with much is Attorney Min, even though his office is right next to mine.

 

I went through our financial reports to put it together for a monthly report to be presented tomorrow. Everything seemed to be in good standing financially, we even had some room for push. It amazed me how organized spending and receiving was in this company. Never once have they had issues with declines, or even clients dipping out on their payments. Though the transactions were smooth, the overall organization of the information was a mess. All the needed information was there, but no one really put the numbers where they needed to be. It was obvious as to why the old lead of finance is no longer here, and honestly, I’m not sure if he ever was here. Payroll information and Client payment should never be in the same folder. I took a deep breath and started moving all the files to different folders, and organizing them by date and time.

 

File after file, it seemed to never end. I didn’t realize how long I had been doing this until Jungkook had knocked on my door. “Come in.” He brought me all of the papers I’ve asked him to revise, which he finished and neatly reorganized in the hard copy folders. “You can leave them on my desk Jungkook.” He placed them on my desk and peeked over the desk to take a look at what I was working on. “Whatta-ya doing, Noona?” He lifted his eyebrows in confusion.

 

“I’m reorganizing all financial documents and records from the beginning of Daegu Law until now. Whoever the was in charge before had everything mixed up. I don’t know how they ever found anything!” He laughed.

 

“Yeah there is an obvious reason as to why Jackson isn’t working here anymore.” He showed his bunny teeth. “Do you need any help with that Noona?” I shook my head. “I need to work on the report for tomorrow, but of course I’m behind because I need these numbers organized.” I took a deep breath in frustration. “How do you like your coffee?” He asked, leaning on the desk with one arm. “Black, two sugar. Thank you Kookie.” He just does a short salute with his hand and leaves to make the coffee. I take a break from the computer screen and shoot Hoseok a quick text.

 

Seokie

 

Will be late tonight Oppa.

 

:’{ Okay honey. Let me know when you are ready to come home, I’ll come get you.

I miss you :’’[


 

His emoticons always made me smile. A grown man, a whole doctor, and he still uses these in text. It made me feel bad that I even had him drop me off in the first place. Of course, it would be the first time he took me to work that I would need to be late.

 

I miss you too Oppa. I’m sorry.

I love you <3

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter