-2-

Mendacity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m off to work then, don’t miss me too much!” Hoseok was standing at the front door, suitcase in hand. I handed him his lunch box and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. “Wow this is so nice. Going to work with my Fiance's homemade lunch. I’m in heaven!” His contagious smile left one on my face as well. “Have a good day, Oppa. I love you!” He pressed a kiss to my temple. “I love you too, Honey.” He turned and went out our front door, leaving me to my own devices. It had been a couple of days since moving in, and it was starting to feel more natural being here. We had already hung up our decorations around the house and set up the house to our liking. Pictures from our childhood scatter the living room wall. Each walk in this house feels like a skip back in time. I entered the kitchen of our love house and cleaned up my mess from making breakfast and lunch. Even while doing so, I felt like I was in a dream. Hoseok and I always ran away when our parents mentioned us becoming a couple. I still remember a time where Hoseok and I purposely fought in front of our parents, calling each other the ugliest names possible. We were about nine and ten, but I completely broke down when he called me a booger eater. These laughable moments will probably last me a lifetime.

 

Finally finishing up the dishes, I went up to my office room. We each had our own office, and we had two guest rooms. The house was a bit spacious, but we do realize that sometimes we would need our own space. I opened my emails and checked for any job offers. I’ve applied at every possible place that would need a financial accountant, but there weren't any takers. I didn’t understand what these people wanted from me. How could I get experience if no one would take me. I worked for my professor as an intern, and they tell me it doesn’t qualify. Just as I was about to start applying for more places, an email rolls in.

 

[Action Req.] Daegu Law - Interview Request

 

“Daegu Law?” I clicked on the file, eyes widening at the message within.

 

Dear Lee Rina,

 

Hello. I am the lead secretary of Daegu Law, Kim Namjoon. I am contacting you under the orders of our President, Min Yoongi. After reviewing your credentials and resume sent in by Professor Kang, we would like to offer you an exclusive interview for the lead of financial affairs. Please email us or give us a call in regards to arranging a time. We will be waiting to hear back from you.

 

Kim Namjoon

Daegu Law

[email protected]

+Phone Number Ext. 4493

 

“Oh my goodness.” I was completely dumbstruck by the content. An exclusive interview for a position in finance! I picked up my cell phone and quickly dialed the phone number attached to the email. I can hardly breathe as each ring rolled through the phone. “Daegu Law Finance, This is Kim Namjoon.” I took a deep breath before answering. “Hello my name is Lee Rina, I am calling in regards to an email I just recieved.” I hear the clicking of a keyboard on the other end of the line. “Ah, Yes. Miss Lee, when would you like to schedule your interview with us?”

 

“Would any time today work?” The same clicking noises began for a moment before coming to a complete halt. “I have availability at Noon. Does this time work for you?” I shift in my seat, and I look over to the clock on the wall. It was Nine in the morning, and I have some time to prepare myself for this interview. “Absolutely.” The clicking began once more. “Okay, I will send the address to your email. The front desk will direct you to the room. Thank you, Miss Lee.” I thanked him and hung up. It took me a second to truly process everything, but once I did I sprung up from my office chair and continued jumping up and down. “Yes! Yes! Finally!” I ran to my bedroom and took a shower, getting ready for this big opportunity.

 

After my shower I did a simple makeup look, and put my hair into a professional bun. I got dressed in a white button up shirt, tucked into a pair of black slacks. I finished off the outfit with a black belt and rose gold watch Hoseok had gifted me at graduation. There was still two hours until I needed to be there, so I took the time to do some research. I opened my laptop again and searched for some information on Daegu Law. The company was a Law firm with great renown. It says here at Attorney Min is a fourteen time undefeated lawyer. Their slogan is “Your Life Matters.” and obviously, they get their stuff done. I never imagined myself working at a Law firm. Not that it really matters, since I would still be working in finance. However, I couldn't help but to think of the different opportuni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter