-1-

Mendacity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This should be the last one, honey!” Hoseok calls from the living room. I assume he just unloaded the last box into the living room of our new home. I was busy unpacking our clothes in our bedroom. He came into our room and placed a short kiss on the crown of my head. “I love you.” He said, and started opening his own box of clothes. “I love you too, Oppa.”

 

Hoseok and I grew up together, and have been close since I could remember. Our mothers are very close friends, and they used to joke about having us get married so they could become family. Hoseok is a year older than me, so growing up he had always looked over me like a little sister. When I was happy or when I was sad, he was always there. He protected me from bullies and always stuck by my side, regardless of having his own friends. We never thought we would be where we are now, but here we are. It really was like one of those cheesy dramas. Hoseok and I have been engaged for a year now, and we are moving into our first house together. Everything was falling into place, and it was perfect.

 

With our clothes and other necessities finally unpacked, we took a break in the living room. He had ordered some takeout for us right before we finished and it arrived just on time. “Thank God, I felt like I was going to die from starvation.” I exaggerated while picking up a piece of orange chicken. He chuckled and picked up a piece of broccoli, placing it in my box of rice. “We had lunch at mom’s before coming here.” I ignored his comment and engulfed the entire piece of chicken, letting the tanginess of the sauce completely drown my senses. “Ugh, this is so good.” I spoke with glee. He made his face of disgust and begged for me to swallow my food before I even thought about speaking again. “So,” He started. “Have any of those places called you back yet?” I shook my head. I was starting to get worried about finding a job, now that I have graduated University. I’ve applied for many places and went through plenty of interviews, but it seemed that no one wanted me since I haven’t had any prior experience in my field. “My professor had put in a letter of recommendation for me at this new place though, so hopefully I will hear from them.” He put a hand over my own and gave me the bright smile that I fell in love with. “You are going to do great, honey. These people just don’t know what they are missing out on.” I returned his smile and continued to eat. Job searching fresh out of school was even more stressful than the actual school work itself, but I knew it would pay off once I am able to find one.

 

Hoseok finished eating before me, and went on to take a shower. After the long day of moving, we needed to relax and finally unwind in our home. I picked up all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter