Chapter 3: The Truth

The Dynasty of Deception

                                                                                                  -Y/N-

            “I want revenge,” Yoongi revealed in a cold tone.

            “Revenge for what?” I was confused.

            He quickly got up and walked towards me. I took a couple of steps back and went into defense mode. He stopped in front of me. In his cold scary tone, he said “I want to kill the werewolves that killed my family.”

            I looked at him confused while still in my defense form. “Your family was killed by werewolves?” I asked.

            “Yeah and I will kill the exact ones that killed my family and I will kill their family too.” He said.

            “Well, you’re looking in the wrong area, Yoongi. My family has never killed a human. Never will. Unless they harm us first. All we want is to live in peace. Nothing else. We don’t want to hurt anyone.” I told him.

            “Who is in your pack? Who is your Alpha?” he asked me.

            “My brother is the Alpha. Tae, Hobi, and Sara, they came from a different pack when we were all little. All of our families were killed the same night. I lost my parents and grandparents that night.” I answered.

            He took a step back while still glaring at me. After a moment, his face softens up. He looked down and sighed. He looked back up at me. “How were they killed?”

            “I don’t think you would believe if I told you.” I answered. “Because if I told you what happened that night my family got killed, you would hurt me and my family that I have now.”

            He walked back to the rock and sat down. “Tell me Y/N, what happened that night.”

            I don’t know why, but for some reason, I turned back into my human form. Yoongi stared into my eyes and could see the tears forming. “Twelve years ago, I was asleep in my parents room. Then suddenly, I heard a scream and glass breaking. I stepped outside the room to see what was happening. My brother also stepped out of his room to see what was going on. My parents and grandparents were fighting off hunters who broke into our house for no reason.” I closed my eyes and felt a couple of tears coming down. The pain from that night started coming back to me.

            I opened my eyes and continued “My grandparents turned to their werewolf forms and told my parents to get me and my brother and escape through the back doorway. So, my parents did. When we got outside, my parents turned into their werewolf forms as well and had us sit on their backs. They ran into the woods. We just kept running and out of nowhere, we were tackled. My brother and I were thrown off of our parents back. My brother quickly grabbed me, and we hid behind a tree.”

            “When I looked up at my parents, they were fighting against vampires. I don’t remember what they look like, but I remember their scary red eyes and fangs. They kept fighting and fighting, and one of them…one of them…one…of…them…” I stopped because tears kept coming down. I started breathing heavily. I inhaled my breath and closed my eyes tightly, seeing flashbacks from that night. 

            I opened my eyes and exhaled my breath while looking at Yoongi, who was sitting there looking at me. “One of the vampires grabbed my father’s head and twisted his neck, killing him instantly. I remember crying out for my father. My brother embraced me into his chest. The vampire who killed my father started walking up to us when suddenly a flaming arrow shot between me and the vampire.”

            While looking at Yoongi, I saw him looking a bit confused and furrowed his eyebrows while slightly tilting his head. I continued “Somehow the hunters that attacked us earlier found us in the woods. The vampires and hunters started fighting. My mother took the chance to get away from the other vampire and came towards us. She was telling my brother to take me and go into hiding deep in the woods. One of the four hunters attacked my mother. While trying to defend herself, another hunter shot my mother with an arrow straight into her neck.” 

            I see Yoongi crossing his arms across his chest, with his hands balled up into fist tightly, still giving me the same confused look. “My mother laid there on the ground losing blood through her neck. The vampires continued fighting the hunters. The vampires grabbed two of the hunters’ heads and twisted their necks, killing them as well. The third hunters ran up to one of the vampires to attack but he grabbed their arm, twisting it, causing them to fall on their knees. The vampire brought his leg over the hunters’ head and kicked down, breaking their neck, killing the hunter. The other vampire grabbed the last hunter from the back crushing their ribs and broke their spin.”

            I stopped talking for a moment, to gather all my strength together to finish my story. I closed my eyes and looked down to say the last part. “After killing the hunters, the vampires walked up to my mothers’ body towards her head. One of the vampires lifted up their foot over my mothers’ head and stomped on it cru…cru…” I fell to my knees, as my legs gave up. 

            “Crushing my mother’s skull, killing her right in front of us!!” I screamed. I put my hands on the ground balling them into fist while grabbing some leaves. I buried my head into the ground between my arms and screamed letting out all my tears. “We were happy! We just wanted to live a peaceful life. Then out of nowhere both vampires and hunters attack us for no reason! We aren’t killers! Why does everyone think we are killers?!” I yelled out loud.

            While crying my eyes out, I felt hands on my shoulders trying to lift me up. I looked up and saw Yoongi there. He looked at me with an apologetic look. Tears were still coming down my eyes. He slowly brings me up and makes me stand on my feet. We just stared at each other for a moment. I slowly backed away from him. “I better go. My brother is going to start worrying about me.” I turned away from him, turned into my werewolf form, and took off running, not looking back at him.

                                                                                                             -Yoongi POV-

            I watched her run back home. Everything she told me just now was replaying in my head. I couldn’t understand any of it. ‘There’s no way her story can be true. It just can’t be real. But, besides me and Kaitlyn, there were only two other people in our group who shot arrows as their specialty…and it was my parents.’

            I turned around and my fingers started fidgeting. I started breathing heavily. I quickly grabbed my weapons and ran back to my motorcycle. While driving back home, my mind was all over the place. Her story kept replying in my head. I could see the complete horror she went through that night. ‘She said her family died twelve years ago. My parents died twelve years ago as well. My parents were the only hunters to shoot arrows and my mother's specialty was flaming arrows for vampires. NONE OF THIS IS MAKING ANY SENSE!!’

            When I got home, I barged into the dining room, seeing Kaitlyn, Lexi, Jungkook and his grandfather eating dinner. “Oh! Yoongi oppa! Just in time for dinner.” Said Lexi. “Come sit down.”

            I slowly make my way to my chair next to Jungkook. Kaitlyn served my plate and handed it to me. I gave her a small nod. I started eating without saying anything. Everyone was talking and laughing, while I was debating whether to ask Jungkook grandfather the question that’s been on my mind since listening to Y/N story. I decided to ask him.

            “Sir.” I suddenly speak looking up at him. Everyone got quiet since I normally don’t speak very often.

            He turned towards me and asked “What is it, son?”

            “Besides me, Kaitlyn, and my parents, has there ever been anyone else who specialized in shooting arrows? More specifically in flaming arrows for vampires?” I asked in a serious tone.

            He sighed “Why all of sudden are you curious?”

            “I just want to know more about my parents.” I responded.

            “No. There isn’t anyone else. Only your parents shot arrows, and your mother's specialty was the flaming arrows. I’ve never taught anyone else shooting arrows except for your parents. Now you and Kaitlyn are the only ones who know how to shoot arrows as well.” He explained. 

            I looked down at my plate. “I’m full. I’m not hungry anymore. Thank you for the meal.” I quickly got up and left the dining room and went to my room. When I got to my room, I shut the door, locking it. I leaned against the door and slid down to the floor. I silently cried, letting tears stream down my face.

            The truth of my parent’s death, Jungkook’s father, and the girl’s mother got unveiled. What I thought was true, was a complete lie. For twelve years, I thought our parents were murder by werewolves, but that was never the truth. ‘Our parents killed her grandparents, and one of my parents hurt her mother. She saw the whole thing. She saw her parents get killed right in front of her. She saw my parents get murder as well. Why did Jungkook’s grandfather lie to us? Why did he say the wolves killed our family?’

            I don’t know why, but seeing Y/N in pain today, it hurt me so much. My family took away her family right in front of her. She doesn’t even know that it’s my family that hurt her family. That my family killed her grandparents and hurt her mother. I leaned my head back against the door and stared at the ceiling. “I’m sorry…I’m sorry Y/N…I’m so sorry” I cried to myself.

                                                                                                                 -Author POV-

            After dinner ended Jungkook’s grandfather went to his office and sat at his desk. He put his elbows on the desk, cupped his hands together and leaned against the table with his hands against his mouth.

            He started asking himself “Why did Yoongi suddenly ask that question? Why suddenly so curious?” He sat up straight and opened one of his desks draws. In the draw was a picture of four young teenage boys. He was staring at the picture with rage in his eyes.

            “Namjoon…Jimin…and Seokjin. You don’t deserve to live in this world. Creatures like you guys will only harm our planet. I have killed your families Namjoon and Jimin, but I still need to kill you two. Seokjin is now out of the picture along with his wife and his daughter and son-in-law. We just need to find your grandkids and kill them along with the other mutts.” He balled up the picture in his hand and threw it back in the draw and slammed it shut.

                                                                                                                  -Lexi POV-

                                                                                                                  -Next Day-

            I was in my Math class waiting for class to start. The seat right next to me has always been empty. I have never really allowed anyone to sit next to me except for Jungkook but we didn’t have math together. Suddenly the bell rang, indicating that class was starting. The teacher walks in with two people behind him. ‘I’ve never seen them before. I wonder if they are new?’

            “Alright class, before I start today’s lesson, I want to introduce two new students who will be with us. Alright, why don’t you take turns introducing yourselves.” Introduced the teacher.

            The girl went up first. She had blonde hair and pale skin. She was wearing regular blue skinny jeans with a white T-shirt. “Hello. My name is Tiffany Mallace. I hope we can get along.” she said in a soft voice. 

            The boy was up next. He had silver hair and his skin was also pale, but he had a cold stare. Like he didn’t care about being here. “I’m Park Jimin.” he said in a cold tone.

            “Alright.” the teacher said. “Miss. Tiffany, go sit by Taehyung. Taehyung, raise your hand so she knows who you are.” I look over my left shoulder and see Taehyung in the back corner of the classroom, raising his hand. I turned back around and faced the front, watching Tiffany walking towards Taehyung, sitting next to him. Taehyung was like me. He never had anyone sit next to him except for a girl named Sara. Other than her, he always sat alone in the classrooms.

            “Alright, Jimin. I want you to sit next to…Lexi. Lexi raise your hand so he can know who you are.” The teacher said. I slowly raised my hand. I saw Jimin slowly make his way up to me and sat in the chair right next to me. I didn’t look at him while he sat down, but the moment I felt his presence next me, I felt scared. I felt…unsafe…