Chapter 2: I Want Revenge

The Dynasty of Deception

-Yoongi POV-

       I lifted the blade up in the air getting ready to stab her, but once me and the girl made eye contact, I froze. We both froze and stared at each other.

       “Y/N?” I asked.

       “Yoongi?” she asked at the same time.

       “You’re one of them?” we both asked at the same time but neither of us responded. She suddenly pushed me to the ground, got up and started running away from me. I slowly got up watching her run away, while still holding my blade. I was breathing heavily, trying to process everything that’s happening.   Once I got my thoughts back together, I grabbed my gun off the ground and put my weapons up. I quickly ran to my motorcycle and drove back home.

        Once I got home, I parked my motorcycle in the garage and walked into the house. I was walking past the living room where Jungkook and his grandfather were. They noticed me walking in. “Yoongi.” his grandfather called out. I stopped my tracks and turned towards him. “Jungkook told me you went out to find anything on those bastards. Did you find anything?”

       This was my chance to tell him that I spotted a werewolf and that most likely I know where they are staying. But somehow, the words wouldn’t come out of my mouth. Seeing Y/N's face really surprised me. Despite the fact we don’t know each other or talk to each other, we saw each other every day at school. How come I never noticed it? I’m going to talk to her tomorrow whether it’s at school or in the woods.

       I took a deep breath and looked at grandfather “No sir, I didn’t find anything on the werewolves. I’ll keep searching tomorrow.”

       He nodded “Very well. Why don’t you take Jungkook with you tomorrow so you can both search together?”

       “I’m sorry sir, but I prefer to do it alone. I’ll let you know if I find anything.” I answered. I bowed to him and walked off to my room.

       Once I got in my room, I locked my door and went to sit on my bed. I sighed deeply while running my hands through my hair. I laid back on my bed. “Y/N…why didn’t I notice it? Why are you living your life like you did nothing wrong?”

 

-Y/N POV-

       After going for my run in my wolf form, I came to a stop. I was breathing heavily. I sat down looking up at the sunny sky. Looking up seeing the trees covering the sun and swaying side to side because of the wind. I slowly closed my eyes, listening to the wind, the trees and the birds.

       At that moment, I heard a twig break. I turned to my left and saw I person. Before taking a good look at the person, I took off running. I ran as fast as I could. I hid behind a broken tree and transfer back into my human form, hoping it would be easier to hide in. I soon took off running again, but I got tackled down. I felt the person get on top of me. I threw my elbow back at the person and managed to hit their face.

       I got up to run again to run again but the person quickly grabbed my ankles and pulled me down. The person turned me around and sat on top of me. I got a glimpse of the person and noticed short platinum hair. I kept throwing punches at them and kneed the person in the back. The person managed to grab both my hands and pinned on top of my head holding them with one hand. I try to break free, but when I see the person take out a blade and hold it up in the air, I completely froze. I took a good look at the person, and I stopped breathing. He froze when he locked eyes with me.

       “Y/N?” he asked.

       “Yoongi?” I asked at the same time.

       I couldn’t believe it. Yoongi…was a hunter. We just froze there. After coming back to my senses, I used all my strength to push him off me. I quickly got up and took off running. After running for a while, I stopped to see if Yoongi was following me, but I didn’t see any sign of him. After noticing he wasn’t following me, I leaned back on a tree and slide down to the ground. I run my hands through my face and hair.

       I sighed “Yoongi…he’s a hunter? Is that even possible? Is that why I always felt scared of him? Did he know I was a werewolf? But…the way his expression was…it looked he was just as shocked as I was.”

       I hit the back of my head against the tree over and over. “What do I do? Should I tell oppa? But what if Yoongi decides not to attack us? I’ll talk to yoongi tomorrow. Why are they hunting us? Maybe he will know.”

       I got up and started walking back home. Once I got home and enter the kitchen, I saw everyone eating dinner at the dining table. Jin looked up at me “Y/N, you’re late. I told you to be back before dinner.”

       I stood silent for a moment, thinking about whether or not to tell them what happened. I looked at Jin “Sorry, I lost track of time. I’m going to shower than eat dinner.” I slightly bowed and went to my room. I went to the bathroom and showered then went back downstairs to eat dinner. I decided not to say anything about what happened today because I wanted to talk to Yoongi first.

 

-Next Day-

       When we got to school, I went straight to my locker to get ready for class. As I was grabbing my books, the locker next to me opened up. I looked and saw Yoongi. He was staring at me. We stared at each other for a moment. I looked away, closed my locker and quickly walked away.

       Throughout the day I kept seeing him in the hallways between classes and outside during lunch. At lunch he was outside with his group of friends. I wonder if his friends were hunters as well. He looked over at my direction making eye contact with me. Once again, I quickly looked away. I was scared of him. Scared that he was planning on attacking me soon.

       After school ended, I went to my locker to leave some school books behind. When I opened my locker, a piece of paper fell out. I picked it up and opened the letter. ‘Meet me in the woods today. Same spot as yesterday.’ I knew it was Yoongi right away. Is he sitting on a trap to catch me?

       “Y/N!” someone yelled out. I turned around and saw Sara and the boys walking to me. “Y/N, come on! Jin oppa is waiting for us outside already.”

       I quickly put the note in my backpack and closed my locker. “Coming!” I yelled jogging up to them. We all walked together and met up with Jin oppa outside.

       When we got home, I slowly walked up to my room. I sat down on my bed deciding whether to go see Yoongi or not. After thinking for a long time, I decided to go see him. But only in my werewolf form for protection. I quickly got ready and ran downstairs. I saw oppa watching TV in the living room.

       “Oppa, I’m heading out for my run.” I said to him softly.

       He turned towards me “Okay! Just be careful. You know what to do if you’re in danger, right?”

       I nodded “Yes oppa. Just howl.” I left the house through the back doorway as always. When I got outside, I changed into my werewolf form and ran deep into the woods. I ran to the area where Yoongi wanted to meet. After about a couple minutes of running, I arrived at the spot, but I didn’t see him.

       While standing there, I was looking around me, keeping my guards up for any traps he set. At that moment, I heard some leaves rustle on the ground. I quickly turned around, jumped back into my defense mode and growled showing my fangs. I saw Yoongi coming out from hiding on the back of the tree. I was still in defense mode, growling at him. I could see the weapons around his waist.

       He noticed me looking at the weapons. He slowly reached down to grab the weapons, but before he reached them, I growled louder and barked at him. He stopped his movement and continued staring at me. “Y/N, I’m going to grab my weapons and throw to the side, ok? I’m not going to hurt you. Let me just reach down and remove them, okay?” he asked. He slowly reached down to the weapons grabbing them. I was still in defense mode.

       When he took out the weapons, without breaking eye contact, he threw the far to the right out of reach. He slowly brought his hands back up, showing me, he had nothing on him anymore. “See? I’m not going to hurt you. So why don’t you turn back into your human form?”

        Rather changing back into my human form, I let down my defense and sat down looking at him. “I won’t hurt you, but I can’t fully trust you either. I’m staying in this form and keeping my distance away from you, Yoongi.” I said.

        He sighed “Ok. We will keep our distance. You stay where you are, and I’ll stay right here.” He saw a big rock right next to him and decided to sit on it. We looked at each other and there was a long silence.

       “Are you really a hunter?” I asked him to break the silence.

       He looked down and nodded “Yeah, I am.”

       “How did you find me here?” I asked

       “I was…was…” he looked at me “I was looking for werewolves.”

       I slowly stood up, taking a step back. “You’re looking for us to kill us?”

       “Y/N, I promise I’m not going to hurt you.”

       “I can’t trust you that easily, Yoongi. We don’t even know each other. We have seen each other in the hallways and at the lockers for the past six months, and yet we never exchanged a single greeting to each other. Now you’re telling me you were searching for werewolves. From the way things happened yesterday, obviously you wanted to kill me yesterday. I can’t let my guard down that easily.” I explained.

        There was a silence again. “Is there more of you guys?” I asked.

        He looked at me, “Is there any more of you guys, Y/N?” he asked. Neither of us said a word. I didn’t want the others to get involved. “Is it those people you hang out with at school?” I didn’t reply. He smirked “I guess that’s a yes.”

       “What about you, Yoongi?” I asked him. “That boy and those two girls you’re always with, are they hunters?”

        He leaned back on the rock with arms and hands holding him up. “I’ll answer honestly. Since I know your friends are werewolves, then I’ll let you know that my friends are hunters. All four of us are.”

       “Why are you after us?” I asked.

       His face turned serious and scary, In a cold voice he said “I want revenge.”

 

-??? POV-

       Staring out the window looking at the city lights, sipping on my whisky. Thinking where those mutts are at. I want to kill those mutts that killed my family and my cousin’s family. Even if it means killing every single mutt across the country.

       Suddenly I heard glass break outside my room. I set my glass down, walked out of my room. When I got to the living room, I saw my cousin holding half a broken vase. I sighed and looked at him “Really Namjoon hyung? How the hell did you break that vase?”

       He looked at me confused “I don’t know. I was just setting it down on the table and the moment it touches the table, it just broke.”

       I closed my eyes and sighed in frustration “Hyung, you’re our leader. How can you be this clumsy?”

       “Sorry…”Namjoon replied.

       Suddenly the entrance door opened and Namjoon's little sister Caitlyn showed up. I was annoyed with her seeing her come in with shopping bags from the mall. “Hey you guys! I did some shopping since we will be starting school soon.”

       “I’m going back to my room.” I said walking away.

       “Hey Jimin!” Namjoon called out. “Remember this is a step closer to avenge our families.”

       I looked down and smirked. I turned around towards him, feeling my eyes turning red. “Don’t worry, hyung. I’ll make sure to every single last drop of those mutts that killed our families. They messed with the wrong vampires.” I turned back around and walked to my room. I walked towards the window, grabbed my glass of whisky, and once again looked out the window into the city lights.

“It’s been twelve years. Where are you pups? No, they must be full grown werewolves by now. I will find you and I will avenge my family.” I said to myself, taking a sip of the whisky.