One

Forget You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

lmagine this...

lf that one person destined for you only arrives just once in your life…

Would you just let them pass you by?” Kim Jong Kook stared at her.

“uhhhh” the girl was rendered speechless. Who wouldn’t when a certain man is staring at you with his small yet mesmerizing eyes.

 

Then the room erupted with applause.

“So everyone, just remember this.” He said to his audience.

“The moment the doors open for you, you grab that chance, take that opportunity!”

If you don’t, you’ll have a hard time during that second chance. Or worse, you won’t have any at all.”

 

“Thank you Kim Jong Kook shi~, our Marketing Director since 2015 who just arrived from HongKong.”

 

Public speaking was never his thing but Jong Kook can’t help it since its part of his job – being a resource person to the management trainees of their company.  After he finished his speech, he then rushed out of the conference and immediately dialed his phone.

“Hey! I’m on my way!” he said over the phone and making his way to his office to grab his car keys.

 

While driving, his phone rang and he immediately answered “Sorry. The traffic’s bad, I’ll see you soon!”

 

In a grand hotel in Seoul, a wedding was taking place. Amidst the solemn ceremony, two guys were tinkering with their phones.

 “What time is it now? Jong Kook hyung’s not here yet.” Said Lee Kwang Soo, the taller one.

“I’ve been texting and calling hyung. He’s not replying”

“He might’ve turned off his phone” Yang Sechan replied.

“Yeorobun, please welcome the newly weds – Ha Dong Hoon and Kim Go Eun” the MC Yoo Jae Suk said. The newly wed couple bowed to their parents.

He then looked at the maknae, silently trying to communicate with them – asking where the hell is the wedding singer, Kim Jong Kook.

Aisssh, that kid – late again. he thought

Just then, he saw the maknaes pointing something at the stage. Jaesuk turned and saw that Jong Kook finally arrived. “I made it!” Jong kook mouthed to Jaesuk.

“Yeorobon, to give us a song, let’s give a round of a please to the groom’s best friend – Kim Jong Kook!”

Jong Kook entered the stage just like how he always does whenever he performs in weddings. Public speaking is not his thing but for him, singing is different. He thought he would get used to singing in front of a large crowd though by being the wedding singer for his friends Cha Tae hyun, current MC Yoo Jaesuk and now Haha, but he always feel nervous whenever he enters the stage.

“Ne. Annyeong haseyo. Kim Jong Kook imnida. To my ne donsaeng Ha Dong Hoon, take care of Go Eun-ah. “

 

Jong Kook then started to sing…

Marry Me

 

On rainy days
I’ll be your umbrella
I’ll be your light in the dark

In the cold winter
I’ll be your heater
On hot days, I’ll be the wind

I’ll your head until you fall asleep
I’ll be by your side whenever you’re afraid

If you suddenly feel like leaving
I’ll leave with you no matter what tomorrow brings

Marry me
Will you take my hand?
Marry me
Will you spend the rest of your life with me?
For the rest of my life
I want to be your man
Marry me, darling
Will you marry me?

 

He’s singing his heart out. He’s thankful that he’s friend finally found his true love.

With the numerous weddings he has attended for that past year, he can’t help but wonder when he would get married.

When would he be able to sing in his own wedding..

 

“Chukaheyo” Jong kook said to the newly weds after he finished the song.

As always, he received a loud applause from his audience. Jong Kook smiled widely and took his final bow then left the stage.  Many are wondering why he is not a singer. He has the looks and voice for it. Many are if saying if he was, he has a chance of winning daesang. *wink

“Yeorobon, before we proceed to the buffet, let us have a little test for our groom. What do you guys think?” MC Yoo asked.

Murmurs were heard. It’s not usual wedding ceremony they attended.

“L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter