fin.

Warm Hugs
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey Kim, do you have any plans for this upcoming holiday?" Eunbi asked.

"nope." the latter replied.

"Now we're talking about it, it has been seven years since I have a proper holiday. It would be nice visiting other places too." she added

"that's perfect. Here," Eunbi slide through an envelope in front of the younger.

"what's this, Eunbi-unnie?" 

"It's pretty obvious if you look through it and I expect you to comply." 

"but-" even before she could protest, Eunbi has left her and she has no option but to bring the envelope into her office.

Looking through the envelope, it is a five-day getaway and Eunbi has also provided her with the itinerary while staying there.

'what a thoughtful friend' she smiled to herself and internally thank Eunbi for the short getaway.

-

It has been exactly seven years since she focused on her work and have no time to spare for anything else.

Not her love life, not even her family and friends.

She started working at a very young age, and always found herself too busy for anything else.

But the pay was worth her effort. 

It wasn't easy to get into the work field, but she made it and yup it has been seven years since those uptight strict working hours.

Well, for the past two years she earned herself a good position in the company and has a lot of time for herself.

But for five years straight, she has been accustomed to the 10 hours per day shift that she insisted on staying at the company even if there isn't any work for her to do.

Of course, some people had been with her since day one knew how hard-working she is and couldn't help but feel sorry that she didn't make time for herself.

But Eunbi had enough. Not that she is sick with her, but because she also thinks that her friend needs to loosen up the tie and probably go to the beach or something.

-

Being a nice friend she is, Eunbi even accompanies her to the supermarket to get the needed supply, knowing that the younger like to have a midnight snack.

"Eunbi-unnie, thank you for this. I mean it." 

"Not a problem, kid." Eunbi smiles. 

They are now walking to the apartment building they live in. 

They don't live together because Eunbi is living with her wife, Lee Chaeyeon.

But they usually go to work together and sometimes go to the supermarket to get groceries together.

They were good friends.

"I never knew you personally when you walked into work seven years ago, but I know there are personal things you held deep in your heart. We have spent enough time together for me to notice your uneasiness sometimes and now I just hope you can find your inner peace within yourself. You can consider this holiday trip as a healing time that we both know you needed. I really just wanted the best for you." Eunbi said.

Chaewon had her head hung low.

She had indeed been avoiding certain stuff so that she won't have to confront it.

Confrontation is her worst weakness. 

She was willing to avoid and push it away as a consideration that it won't hurt if she doesn't think about it.

but of course, for someone as observant as Eunbi, the older must've noticed.

How she never spend the holidays with relatives, not even with family.

How she never goes out on the weekends with friends.

How she is never bothered on finding a relationship nor was she uncomfortable with the presence of Eunbi's wife Lee Chaeyeon.

As if she was once married too, and had been very happy.

But why has it changed? 

Not that Eunbi's assumptions are all true, that's why the rest of the story will need Chaewon's point of view.

"thank you, Eunbi-unnie." was all Chaewon has to say.

They proceeded into each other's home and figure the day ahead of them.

one of them has a five-day holiday to think about.

and the other one needs to fill for the younger since the holiday was only possible because Eunbi is Chaewon's superior. Not the CEO of the company. so, work is still working but she has no regret in giving holidays for the younger.

-

At the airport, now it may seem as ridiculous how she thinks about it.

A five day trip to LA wasn't something she thought possible.

It was a short period to be in a fantastic place.

But because she was practically sponsored to have the holiday, she might well have to enjoy it nonetheless.

Grabbing her suitcase, she managed to smile thinking about the places she will explore.

Wearing her headphone, only one song appeared in her mind.

Loneliest Time Of Year - Mabel ♪

She wasn't going to lie the song had her feeling sad but it was the song that accompanied her throughout seven years without her.

She was always reminiscing. Probably the reason why she wasn't interested in searching for a new one.

and she doesn't know whether Eunbi has known about it or not, but she felt like it was a coincidence that Eunbi had especially booked the date when she broke it off.

The date was when she broke up with her love life. 

She was everything for Chaewon, but Chaewon insisted on breaking up.

Not to break the happiness of holiday vibes for Chaewon, we might not talk about her for now.

-

Chaewon having her time eating various foods and spending fun time there. 

Five days

Please log in to read the full chapter