Snip Snip

In Which a Cub Becomes an Oppa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung POV

Chaeyoung was not an idiot. She was fully aware of the crush the elegant black swan had on her. That was not to say Chaeyoung hated it. She had her reasons for ignoring it. Hell, she couldn't bring herself to dislike the older girl even if she wanted to. What was there not to like about Mina? The girl had a whole squadron of lovesick horomonal boys AND girls pining after her. And Chaeyoung was just another addition to that squadron.  One thing was for sure: the feelings certainly weren't one-sided. Chaeyoung sighed as she leaned on her hands, waiting for class to begin. 
 

"Thinking about Mina, again?" Dahyun nudged her. 

 

"How am I not supposed to?" Chaeyoung retorted. "She's making it so hard for me to think when I'm with you guys. Do you know how difficult it was to come up with an answer when I can feel her eyes on me."

 

"You're like a lovesick schoolboy," Tzuyu snickered. "A complete nervous wreck." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "Why don't you just make a move already?" Tzuyu asked, "It's obvious to even a blind man that she likes you."

 

"Literally the whole school knows," Dahyun added. Due to the group's popularity at the university, they were under constant spotlight. Of course, Mina's affection for the small girl didn't go unnoticed by the general public. "Did you know someone started a Michaeng club?"

 

"Ooh!" Tzuyu said excitedly, "I heard they made Mina and Chaeyoung shaped cookies there. My friend's a member and she swears that she saw heaven when she bit into one."

 

"Really," Dahyun's eyebrow raised, "Do you think it's too late to join?"

 

"Better late than never," Tzuyu shrugged, grinning.

 

"Hellooo," Chaeyoung waved her hands at her two friends, "I'm still here, y'know."


"Don't worry, unnie," Tzuyu said, patting the shorter girl's head, "We'll save you a Mina cookie. That way you can practice making out with her face for real instead of dreaming about it."

 

"I'm just trying to be patient. Do you know how hard it is to ignore the gazes she's showering me with?" Chaeyoung sighed. "She's shy. What if I'm too forward and I scare her off?"

 

"I doubt it," Dahyun said, "You know what they say, the shy ones are always the most freaky under the sheets." The pale girl wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

 

Chaeyoung made a face and playfully shoved the older girl, "Ew gross. Go back to church and cleanse your dirty mind." The professor entered the room soon after and they quickly ceased their conversation.

 

~~

Everything was going fantastic. Exam week almost killed her, but she somehow pulled through it. Chaeyoung was browsing the internet on her phone, sitting in the empty corner of the bus. She was bobbing her head to this killer tune when she stumbled across an article on one of her favorite American actresses. It read:  "Breaking news: Kristen Stewart Cut Her Hair And It Looks Fantastic".
 

Chaeyoung clicked it curiously and dropped open. "Daebak, that looks ing amazing," she breathed. She spent the rest of the bus ride admiring the hair cut until she got off at her stop.

 

The bus stop was seven blocks away from her house, which might seem a bit inconvenient to some but Chaeyoung didn't mind. If anything, a walk was refreshing, especially after a full day at the university. She was humming along to music when she noticed a new shop had opened on one of the streets. It looked like a cozy little store and good music was playing. Good music was always a pro in Chaeyoung's book. The sidewalk sign was colorful and read in large bold letters: "Grand Opening: Get a Discount for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter