Tour Bus

The Assistant

From New York, two days and many interviews later, they took a flight to Dallas, Texas where the boys would finally begin their wildly anticipated sold out tour. For Hyorin, watching them onstage, captivating the crowd – the thousands and thousands of fans – was almost breathtaking. What they were doing was absolutely amazing. And she was glad she could be one little insignificant part of it.
“Whadya think?” Chanyeol smiled, cocking his eyebrow at Hyorin once he came into the dressing room all sweaty from being onstage.
“Uh, it was good,” she told him nonchalantly as everyone else filed into the room.
“You loved it,” he smirked at her.
“You guys did great,” Hyorin said to the other guys, ignoring Chanyeol altogether.
“Thanks, Hyorin,” Kai smirked at her.
The next night didn’t go as smoothly for Hyorin as the first night. The tour was at a large venue in Tulsa, OK and everything seemed to be going fine. Hyorin was organizing supplies for the meet and greet, which was fine. But one of the boxes of tour posters was misplaced and it was her job to find it. She searched everywhere in the green room and in every single room that they occupied in the venue, but she couldn’t find it. There was nearly Four hundred fans in this meet and greet and one box with the quantity of one hundred tour posters was not going to suffice. She was internally freaking out, thinking that if she didn’t find this box, she was going to end up getting fired on her second real day of work.
She quickly made her way out to the tour buses, scouring the luggage holds of most of them. When she finally found it, she took a deep breath and felt the tension leave her body. Everything would be alright. No fan would go home without an authentic signed poster of Exo. Crisis averted.
Deciding to take just a moment or two to herself, she punched the code into the tour bus door and climbed aboard their traveling home. She was immediately met with a random blonde stranger sitting on the couch, texting on her phone. She looked to be about eighteen and Hyorin wondered what the she was doing.
“Um, hi. Who are you?” Hyorin asked her.
“Oh. Hi. I uh… I’m waiting for my friend,” she said, pointing toward the back of the bus.
“Uh, you’re friend?” Hyorin questioned, looking at her incredulously.
“Yeah,” she said awkwardly, her cheeks blushing profusely.
“Who let you on here?” Hyorin asked sharply, feeling very aggravated that this random girl was just sitting in the tour bus.
“My friend is back there with Chanyeol,” she said.
“With Chanyeol?” Hyorin asked, her eyes narrowing.
“Yeah,” she said.
Mother er.
He really had the balls to bring girls on the god damn tour bus? Was he kidding? They all lived on the bus. All their personal belongings were on the bus. Any one of these random girls could easily take whatever they wanted as a souvenir after banging Park Bloody Chanyeol.
Hyorin stalked down to the locked door of the back lounge and pounded on it with her fist, feeling the anger bubble up inside her. It was her job, after all, to keep this little in line.
“Chanyeol, open up right now,” Hyorin yelled through the door.
“Hold on a minute!” He yelled back.
“Now!” She yelled insistently.
“Jesus ing Christ,” she heard him grumble.
Hyorin scoffed and moved back toward the front of the tour bus. A minute or so later, the back door finally opened and Chanyeol made his way up front with the trampy little girl he was with trailing behind him, her face was bright red as it could get. Actually scratch that – Chanyeol was the tramp, not her.
The other girl from the couch got up immediately when she saw her friend and without a word the two of them went to exit the bus together.
“Hope you had fun!” Hyorin yelled to them sarcastically just before the door slammed shut.
“What’s your problem?” Chanyeol scoffed, furrowing his eyebrows at her.
“What’s my problem? What the hell were you thinking bringing some random girls on here? This is where you live. This is where we all live,” Hyorin started lecturing him.
“Spare me,” he scoffed, turning away from her, heading back toward the lounge.
“What the are you doing? Like, was it worth it to get a hummer in the back lounge? You can’t just abstain for the length of tour? Don’t you have a girlfriend?” Hyorin kept at it, as she followed him.
“God! Do you come with an off switch?” He scoffed at her and she scoffed back, narrowing her eyes at him.
“Look, Hyorin. You’re not my mother. I can do whatever I want and you can’t do or say anything about it,” he told her, letting his cockiness get the better of him.
“You’re right. I’m not your mother. But Someone right in the venue and I’m sure he would like to hear just what you’ve been up to, don’t you think?” Hyorin threatened with as much attitude as she could dish out.
He let out a small laugh, shaking his head. And Hyorin knew she had him.
“And if you do that, I’ll tell him all about how you came on to me on the tour bus,” he countered, cocking his eyebrow as he moved in closer to her.
“But I never…” Her voice trailed off.
“Doesn’t matter. It’s my word against yours, isn’t it? And I don’t think SM is going to take something like that lightly,” he said, shrugging his shoulders.
“You’re such a little bastard,” Hyorin seethed, narrowing her eyes into slits, glaring at him.
“And you’re going to keep your mouth shut, aren’t you?” He asked, which sounded more like a demand than a question.
They stared each other down for a few moments before Hyorin scoffed in defeat, spinning on her heels to exit the tour bus.
At that point, it was safe to say she hated Chanyeol with a passion.