The New Assistant

The Assistant

Chanyeol was sick of tour rehearsals already. He was so bloody sick of it. He just wanted to be back on tour already. Even with management around, tour was still pretty liberating. And there were so many girls – so many girls that would give everything for just one night with him. What the hell was better than that? Girls were throwing themselves at the boys left and right wherever they went. And well, Chanyeol liked girls and lots of them. Sure, he had a girlfriend. But only seeing her sporadically meant he would only be having just as much. And really, what happens on tour stays on tour.

“Have you met Min Hyorin yet?” Chen asked as the boys rode home in the van from rehearsals.

“No, not yet,” Sehun said, shaking his head lightly.

“What? Who’s Hyorin?” Chanyeol asked confused.

“Oh, you didn’t hear? We have a new assistant,” Baekhyun laughed, rolling his eyes.

“What do you mean? Since when have we ever needed an assistant?” Chanyeol scoffed. It sounded like absolute rubbish to him.

“She’s a glorified babysitter,” Kai scoffed.

“She’s a SM representative,” Lay clarified.

“Why would we need a representative from our record label on the road with us?” Chanyeol asked, feeling more confused than ever.

“Seems like some of us need handlers,” Suho piped up, clamping his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, implying it was he who needed it.

“Oh,” Chanyeol huffed, rolling his eyes.

Chanyeol was not impressed with the idea. Another minder for him to dodge. He didn’t need that . He didn’t want it. He was sick of being told what to do all the time. He was twenty three years old and wanted the freedom that a Twenty three year old was supposed to have. Yet, he was treated like a child. They all were, because they had $15 million dollar price tags hanging over their heads. It seemed like that was all these executives cared about in the long run anyway – how much money they could siphon out of the band.

“She’s really gorgeous,” Chen chimed in, making Chanyeol perk up slightly. A hot chick on tour?

“She is gorgeous,” Baekhyun confirmed.

“Wait, what?” Chanyeol asked, tuning back into the conversation.

“Hyorin – she’s pretty,” Kai rephrased, giving   a nod of approval.

“Wait – how pretty?” Chanyeol asked, sitting up a little bit straighter in his seat.

“Like, hot pretty,” Kai clarified.

“Hot pretty? How old?” Chanyeol asked excitedly.

“Oh, now you’ve piqued Chanyeoli's interest,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“I don’t know. Early twenties,” Sehun said with a shrug.

“You met her?” Chanyeol asked quickly.

“Yeah. I met her before rehearsals this morning,” he said nonchalantly.

“Where was I?” Chanyeol scoffed.

“Sleeping, you lazy little ,” Baekhyun laughed.

“So she’s twenty and hot?” Chanyeol asked and cocked an eyebrow, ignoring Baekhyun’s insult altogether.

“She has a contract,” Xiumin chimed in.

“And you have a girlfriend,” Suho reminded.

“Contract?” Chanyeol asked, looking over at his best mate.

“She’s not allowed to get romantically involved with any of us, I heard,” Xiumin explained.

“Wow, who do they think we are?” Chanyeol asked incredulously. All the other guys erupted in laughter.

“What?” Chanyeol asked, looking around at his Brothers from Another Mothers.

“We all know you, Park,” Sehun laughed.

“I have self-control,” Chanyeol told them weakly.

“No, you don’t,” Kyungsoo and Kai said at the same time.

“I do too. Shut it,” Chanyeol protested, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Hope you know management isn’t going to let you get away with all the you pulled on the last couple of tours,” Baekhyun told Chanyeol.

“I’m not a child. I don’t need babysitting,” Chanyeol scowled at his older mates.

“Apparently you do,” Sehun said.

“I’ve practically perfected sneaking around. You don’t have to worry about me,” Chanyeol said, smirking deviously at them.

“When are you going to learn?” Lay asked him.

“There’s really no point in living life if you’re not actually going to live your life,” Chanyeol chuckled.

“I’ll live my life without millions of groupies or a addiction,” Kyungsoo scoffed.

“I’m not a addict,” Chanyeol said as he turned to send Kyungsoo a slight glare.

“Yeah. Keep telling yourself that,” Baekhyun chuckled darkly.

Once they reached their Apartment, everyone took off in separate directions. There was so much left to do before the American leg of tour, which kicked off in three days. There were people working all around their house, prepping things to take along. None of it held any interest to Chanyeol. That is until he saw the leggy brunette standing in the garage prepping their individual tour crates.

“Ahem,” he cleared his throat to get her attention.

“Holy—!” She yelped, turning toward him, looking startled. Chanyeol smirked at her as he watched her compose herself.

“You must be Hyorin,” he said as his eyes washed up and down her body.

“Yeah. I-I’m Hyorin,” she said, still holding her hand over her heart. Chanyeol watched as she dropped her hand, eyeing him in the process.

“You must be Chanyeol,” she said matter-of-factly, in an obvious formal accent.

“That would be me,” he nodded, giving her a salacious grin.

“It’s nice to finally meet you,” she smiled, stepping forward to formally shake his hand.

Chanyeol smirked to himself, realizing the boys hadn’t been wrong. She was hot. She was extremely hot. She had long dark hair, pulled up into a pony tail. Her piercing dark brown eyes gave her quite a mysterious look. She had an amazing set of s that peeked slightly out of the white tank top she was wearing. And well, her entire lower half fit perfectly into the jeans she was wearing. She was incredible. She didn’t look like any record exec he’d ever seen before. It was puzzling.

“You’re American-Korean ,” he pointed out.

“You’re pure Korean,” she smirked playfully at him.

“Cheeky,” he smirked, cocking an eyebrow at her.

Chanyeol stood there staring, causing Hyorin to shift on her feet. She’d heard much about this member, that mostly he was a shameless flirt. With the way he was eyeing her, she registered the lust swirling in his eyes immediately, and it made her uncomfortable.

“I am surprised,” Chanyeol said, as his eyes raked up and down Hyorin's body once again.

“Uh… I’m not following,” Hyorin stammered, looking at him confused.

“Well, you’re utterly gorgeous,” he told her bluntly. Subtly was apparently not his specialty.

“Um, thanks,” she said looking and feeling incredibly uncomfortable.

“Our handlers never look quite like you. We usually get the big burly fellows, or the women that are old enough to be our mums, or grannies,” Chanyeol said, still letting his eyes appreciate her body.

“Um…” She fidgeted slightly, looking away from Chanyeol.

“Are you married?” He asked, wanting to test the waters a bit to see how off-limits she really was.

“Um, no. I… no. Kevin and I… no,” she stammered, shaking her head.

“Kevin? So there’s a boyfriend?” Chanyeol quirked his eyebrow.

“There is a boyfriend. Yes.” Hyorin nodded.

“State side?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes,” she told him.

“Trouble in paradise?” Chanyeol asked bluntly.

“What? No,” she scoffed lightly at him.

“Well, you see, when I asked you if you were married, it seemed like the thought of marrying him was just absolutely absurd to you,” Chanyeol pointed out.

“You are grasping at straws,” Hyorin said, narrowing her gaze on him.

“Ah, now. I think I’m pretty good at reading people,” Chanyeol boasted.

“I love my boyfriend,” Hyorin said, finding herself defending her relationship.

“But you’re not in love with him,” Chanyeol stated, quirking an eyebrow again.

“You are putting words into my mouth,” Hyorin scoffed.

“You’ve implied it,” he said simply.

“No—” Hyorin said quickly, only to be cut off by him moments later.

“You don’t have to explain yourself to me. Like I said, I know how to read people. He probably doesn’t deserve someone like you, anyway. Probably can’t satisfy you,” Chanyeol told her.

“That is quite enough. You are inappropriate beyond words,” she told him, taking great offense by their entire conversation.

Chanyeol only smirked, shrugging his shoulders passively. Sure he was inappropriate, but it always got him what he wanted.

When his vision on her didn’t let up, when his eyes raked up and down her body once more, Hyorin turned away from him, entirely prepared to ignore him completely. But that was easier said than done.

“My goodness. You are the whole package, aren’t you?” Chanyeol groaned as he caught a glimpse of her backside. Hyorin spun on her heels, a glare on her face.

“I would appreciate it if you would stop looking at me like I’m a piece of meat,” she snapped at him. Chanyeol smirked, genuinely liking a girl with a little spunk.

“I can’t help it, sweetheart,” he told her.

“What are you? Like Twenty three?” She scoffed, giving him attitude.

“probably,” he smiled confidently at her, which wasn't entirely true. She scoffed again, turning back toward the large luggage crates.

“What about you?” He asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

“I’m uh… I’ll be twenty-six this winter,” she said, barely even looking over her shoulder at him.

“Mmm. I enjoy older women,” Chanyeol hummed and it made Hyorin skin crawl.

“Quit. You’re giving all the boys a bad name,” Hyorin spat at him.

Chanyeol let out a deep laugh, and Hyorin hated that she found satisfaction in amusing him.

“Listen, okay. I don’t appreciate the way you’re talking to me. And I’ll let you know right now that nothing will ever happen between us. I’m not an idiot,” she scoffed at him, ignoring the arrogant grin on his lips.

“Because you’re bound by contract?” Chanyeol questioned immediately.

“And because I would never in a million years be attracted to someone like you,” Hyorin lashed out.

“I might believe you if your voice wasn’t shaking so badly when you said it,” Chanyeol smirked at her.

“Cocky little ,” Hyorin grumbled under her breath, causing Chanyeol's eyebrows to heighten playfully.

“Tour will be a laugh with you around,” Chanyeol chuckled.

“I have a feeling you’re going to make my life a living hell,” she said, rolling her eyes.

“Only because you’re already fighting nature,” Chanyeol smiled at her.

“Oh my god,” she groaned.

“It was nice to meet you, Hyorin. Can’t wait for you to assist me,” Chanyeol smirked at her, before he turned and walked out of the garage.

He was certain it would only be a matter of time before she gave in to his charm, and he was ready.