Shameless

Loveless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE JUNMYEON, ACCOMPANIED BY HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE JONGDAE, ARE ENTERING THE GRAND BALL ROOM!!!”

All heads turned to the entrance, where the two royal lads walked in, the one in the lead clad in all-black and the one behind him in light brown.

From the court maids arranging the snacks tables, to the three daughters of the chief judge, all women in the hall, regardless of social status, wealth or age, were either blinking furiously, or gaping at them as they walked up to greet the King and the Queen.

The royal parents accepted the greeting from the high table they were at.

“Be a gentleman Junmyeon-ah, go and invite Lady Ha Yeonsoo for the opening dance.”

The Queen advised in a low voice, and the older prince’s lips pressed into a thin line. “Already, mother?”

“What do you mean by ‘already’?” It was the King who answered in a low growl. “Twenty nine years of age and you’re wasted more than enough time being nothing but useless.”

Uncomfortable about anyone hearing the not-so-pleasant family conversation, Jongdae gave his brother a gentle push. “Go hyung. Seduce her for good.”

Mind blank, and void of all emotions, (except the hatred he felt 24/7 for his own incompetency), Junmyeon plastered back the usual royal smile and turned to the chief guest’s table. Walking there, he made all three, the Duke, the Duchess and their daughter get onto their feet to greet him. He just nodded in return, and held his hand in the most gentlemanly way he usually has saved for the wealthiest and classiest ladies.

Because all women fake to seek gentlemen in front of their parents.

“Will I have the honor of being your first dance this evening, my lady?”

Nervous, Yeonsoo turned to look at her mother and she nodded in the most (feigned) reserved manner.

Ugh. The momma’s girl.

And she gave him the nod she had taken from her mother, and shyly placed her hand on his outstretched hand.

While the whole crowd watched, the soon-to-be couple walked into the middle of the ball room and the music started.

“The- the orchestra you liked, is here for you… Your Highness.”

The young lady was stuttering, utterly disturbed by the hand on her back and the thumb that she knew, was deliberately over her bare skin.

Why did mama want me to wear this lower back dress?!?

“I saw already, my lady.” He muttered, having scanned the orchestra as soon as he had entered the ballroom.

The face he wanted to see was there.

“Thanks to you, I’ll be listening to good music again.” He looked down and flashed a smile at her, sending the girl weak at her knees and almost forgetting her next step.

“Um…I also asked them to give us a personal performance. After the ball ends. Or maybe tomorrow.” She mumbled, quickly assembling all the words and phrases she had practiced to converse with him.

“Purple looks good on you.” He changed the topic, looking down at the deep purple frills of her dress. “And so does these Amethyst stones.” He lowered the hand that was holding hers, just to hold the necklace with lavender colored stones beneath her collar bones.

Yeonsoo was glad that the dance floor was now mostly filled with many other couples.

“Ha Yeonsoo,”

A gently tug at the necklace he held, and she was looking up at him.

“Let’s step out for some air shall we? The crowds are too suffocating for me.”

 

The Queen showed the King, two figures that were exiting the ball room through a back door, and remarked with a smile. “He’ll win her over for sure. You don’t have to worry your majesty.”

“I’m not worried Haera. Just disappointed.” The King sighed. “It’s nothing to be proud about, having a son who knows nothing but how to get just any woman in his bed.”

 

The lady’s hand held tightly in his, despite the roughness of the rings in each finger of hers reminding him of her father’s wealth which forced him into this situation, Junmyeon was successfully keeping up a pleasant face while walking along the royal backyard.

Along the well-chosen darkest areas.

“These camellias, His Majesty ordered to grow them everywhere because my mother, Her Highness loves them.” He just made up a lie to start a conversation which could head somewhere.

“Um…aren’t those, freesia’s Your Highness?”

Junmyeon came to an abrupt stop and cleared his throat. “Freesias? Not camellias?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Ah… I guess they look quite similar. That’s why I mixed up.”

“They’re not similar at all, Your Highness.”

She was almost giggling.

“Oh really? Just…what I wanted to imply was that I’m planning to make a personal garden for my princess in the future- come to think of it, do you like flowers Lady Yeonsoo?”

“Of course Your Highness!”

“Let me guess…your favourite is Roses?”

Yeonsoo gasped. “How did you know Your Highness?”

It’s my specialty to distinguish women’s fragrances and any man with a nose could smell the headache-inducing rose scent coming from you… But I can’t tell you that right?

He stopped with a smirk, and leaned down to her face level.

“Because you look like a rose yourself.”

 

Imagining Jongdae hearing this conversation and retching on the floor, Junmyeon winked at the reddened girl and walked ahead.

And there she was, shuffling in her maxi dress and following him.

That’s it My Lady. Follow me so your beloved father also has no choice but to follow me.

 

* * *

“So…breakfast tomorrow? Or I’m alright with lunch, if you’re too tired to wake up early in the morning.”

The prince wrapped his arms around the girl who was now watching the late Queen Grandmother’s painting collection.

What an evening it had been for Junmyeon. The only places he didn’t show her in order to impress her was the royal bed chamber, and he had given her a walk through all the fascinating place in the palace, describing how he’ll be making changes to them one day, according to his sweetheart’s liking.

It was the fourth time he had held her in his arms that evening, if you add the five times he nonchalantly pressed himself against her, it’d be nine of total physical contacts.

Yes, Yeonsoo even counted.

One kiss on her shoulder, and the girl had forgotten what his question was.

Seeing her helplessly widened eyes, the prince smiled to himself and patted the tip of her small nose. “See you at lunch tomorrow then.”

“I’m honored…Your Majesty.” She was stuttering for the nth time that day, and he took her hand in response. “Let’s go back to the ball room. Your parents will be worried.”

 

Once they were back in the large hall, the reception had almost ended, the King and the Queen had left and so had the Duke and the Duchess.

“ the lady to her accommodation.” He ordered a court lady, and kissed her hand goodbye.

When he turned around to leave as well, the orchestra had wrapped up their performances for the day, and were preparing to leave.

His approach made all of them stand up and bow in utmost respect.

Including that one slim figure dressed in a sleek maroon dress, with straight long hair cascading over her shoulders.

“It’s a pleasure to be audience to such a veteran orchestra.” He began, earning another deep bow from the elderly conductor of the group. “We’re very much honored to receive your grace, Your Highness.”

Junmyeon smiled. “Now heading to your accommodation, I guess.”

“Yes, My Prince.”

“Let me know if there’s any discomfort occurred.”

“Thank you again Your Highness.”

He permitted them to leave, and so did the troop of musicians.

Except for one last cellist who halted in front of him before exiting the hall.

“Choi Sooyoung.”

He smirked at the granite floor between them, uttering her name in a low voice.

“What do I owe you for remembering my name, My Prince?”

He looked up to meet those eyes again, those alluring, and inviting eyes.

“Would you give me the honor of being the audience to my solo performance, My Prince?”

“Cellos aren’t my style though.” He let out a low chuckle.

“But I’m sure I will be.”

It would be a lie if he said he wasn’t slightly taken aback by her boldnes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter