Exclusive Confession

Exclusive Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dark room, all the people enjoying their time, the flowing drinks and the loud music weren't able to stop them in catching each other's eyes. As the night deepens, they keep getting closer, until the two of them decided to escape. 

Acquaintances Kim Jongin and Lee Taemin decided to go somewhere else and leave their intoxicated friends at the bar after telling them they'd go home. They may have had a few drinks too but they are sober enough to go around. Maybe they are just tipsy and with only a look in each other's faces, they would definitely do everything to stay sober, sane and awake even if it's already midnight.

"I'm not quite sure if there are bus that would come because it's already midnight. What do you think?"

"I don't remember.. but it's better to take the bus at this hour than take a taxi. Taxis take advantage of drunk people and even if we tell them that we are sober, they would still increase their fare meters in tenfold. No no no, I wouldn't let them take advantage of us. I'd rather walk."

"So it's okay for you to walk?"

"Yeah. It's a form of exercise and it could also wake us up. Do you want to walk instead?"

"Let's try to wait a bit more."

Jongin and Taemin waited for almost an hour but taxis are the only ones who stopped, trying to take the chance of getting passengers from the club and demand a higher fare as they offer their passengers a special and safer trip, but Taemin and Jongin firmly declined.

"Kids, you should take the taxi because buses only go here until 11pm and the first trip from the terminal starts at 4am. It's almost 1am, you should go home. Why don't you hop in so I could take you home? This is for your safety." The taxi driver who stopped by told them but again, Jongin and Taemin declined.

"No sir. Thank you for the offer but we'll be fine. And we're still waiting for our friends to come out. Have a safe night!"

"If you really don't want then I hope you'd stay safe on the road." The driver went away and the two sighed.

"So there's no way a bus would come, right? And the first trip from the terminals would be at 4am?" Taemin said, looking at Jongin's face.

"That's what he said.. so.."

"I guess we really have to walk. I don't mind walking but I think it'd be better if we won't walk fast. Let's savor the moment and the places we'll walk over at. Deal?"

"Yeah, sure. Deal." Jongin smiled as Taemin agreed to walking, because it would mean more time to be together.

 

Jongin and Taemin walked at the side of the street as they talked.

"So you're a singer?" Jongin asked while smiling. Jongin have been smiling a lot since he got together with Taemin that he himself is surprised.

"Yeah but I'm more of an indie singer. Why?"

"I'm actually a producer. And for some reasons, I want to give you a song, as a way of saying thanks for hanging out with me and as an appreciation for being a friend."

"That would be a bit burdensome for me.." Taemin shyly answered as he smiled.

"But I insist. Maybe I'd get some inspiration and I'll just send it to you afterwards. No big deal, Taemin. And I somehow want to help budding artists like you."

"You have a heart of gold, producer Jongin. If that song becomes a hit, I'd definitely be very thankful to you. And don't worry, you're already included on the list of people I would give my first album to."

"An album with your autograph would be nice, so I have something to brag to people when you get famous."

"oh haha. Ah, it's still autumn but it's already this cold."

"Are you feeling cold?"

"Only a bit. How about you?"

"I do feel cold. I have thinner clothes and I've never expected that it'd be this cold. Oh my gosh, now that I remember it, I left my coat at my friend Junmyeon's car. So that's the reason why I'm cold."

"You forgot about the coat and the fact that you left it on your friend's car? Hahaha. You're cute."

"Thanks but it's one of the weird things about me. I tend to forget simple and trivial things. Well, I could remember things I should forget while I forget those things that I should remember."

"Maybe that's normal for an artist. Even I suffer from that. You're not the only one."

"Good thing I'm not too odd, and it's not because of my age."

"Ah yeah now that you've mentioned, when's your birthday?"

"January 14, 1994. How about you?"

"Hah. Call me hyung. I was born July 18, 1993."

"Nah, I'd still call you Taemin. I only call people hyung when they are one year older than me."

"Call me hyung."

"Do aegyo first."

"No. I hate aegyo.."

"You won't hear me call you hyung then." The two laughed as they turned left by the end of the road, and spotted a convenience store.

Jongin bought black tea for the two of them while Taemin bought some fishcake skewers for them to get warm.

"Ah, fishcake and fishcake broths never fail to warm people. Ya.."

"Black tea is also a great cleanser of the pallete. I've enjoyed the food, thank you."

"I just remembered that we just came from a Saturday night out with our friends and we had a few drinks earlier. The broth kind of cleared my mind. Thanks."

"No worries, Jongin. Ah, this is so nice. Good thing convenience stores exist or we won't be able to survive."

"Indeed."

The two continued to walk along the road and Jongin is feeling happy yet cold so he liked his arm to Taemin's arm.

"Oh, are you cold?"

"Ah haha a bit but because of the fishcake skewers, broth and black tea, I feel good. I'm happy walking going home with you."

"Aigoo. You're a sentimental soul, eh?"

"You can say that. Things like this, slowing down and savoring the moment makes me happy. Simple things in life makes me happy."

"You're such a pure soul. Wow."

"Sorry if I'm a bit silent and I'm just smiling. I'm just really happy."

"I don't mind. It's fine with me."

"It's just that I don't know..  you might get sleepy if I continue to be silent. Do you want to grab some coffee?"

"Maybe later. So you drink coffee too?"

"Actually no. I hate coffee. It tastes like poison."

"Poison? I've never heard anyone say that coffee tastes like poison. You're the only one. Woah." Taemin laughed at Jongin but Jongin laughed at himself too.

'But seriously. I don't like it. It's so bitter, how could people drink it like it's not strong?"

"I drink iced americano but it doesn't taste like poison to me. It's good."

"But it's so bitter, right? How could you do that? Woah."

"Or I don't know? Maybe I'm used to the bitter taste of it. So you prefer hot chocolate instead?"

"Yeah. I prefer chocolate or tea. I also love bubble tea."

"I think I should make you try an iced latte with sugar syrup or caramel macchiato. They are coffee drinks but they are sweetened. Or a mocha latte or double chocolate with crushed chocolate covered coffee beans. I think you'd be able to drink those."

"So you're a coffee enthusiast. Wow."

"I also used to work at a coffee shop 5 years ago."

"Oh so that's why. You were able to handle coffee because you got used to it. Woah."

"I'm even surprised at myself for liking coffee because I'm a very picky eater."

"What are the foods you can't eat?"

"Cucumbers! I hate cucumbers so much."

"Wae? It's good though. I eat that on Tuna Mayo sandwich. Cucumbers and pickles are good."

"I don't know, I just don't like it. Really."

"Uhm, how about the things you like?"

"I love runny eggyolks for sunny side up eggs. I eat it with stir fried noodles and bread slices."

"Stir fried noodles are good. I make sure that I have dimsum and bean sprouts when I eat it."

"Oh of course dimsum! Dumplings and baos! Also chicken feet. Woah."

"So you eat chicken feet? How about chicken liver, hearts and gizzards?"

"Yes yes yes! It's one of the best food to munch on when drinking soju! Wah. I'm drooling even if we just ate and earlier, we were drinking. It's a pity that the bar doesn't serve those foods to munch." They were all smiles but they got silenced when they heard a cat making a different purr. It would usually purr softly but the cat that they've heard purred like it needed some help.

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! Baby cat's limbs are stucked in a metal can and can't go out. Aigoo poor kitty."

"It's okay, don't be scared, we will help you. Aigoo how did you get in there? You should always be careful. And aren't you cold?" Jongin patted the cat's head that seems to like his touches.

"It's a pity that the stray cats have to suffer from the cold."

"If only I could adopt you, I would but my place doesn't allow pets. My dogs are even with my family. I'm so sorry."

"Jongin, let's just get him some food. He might be hungry, he might be stucked in there for so long and wasn't able to move to find food."

"Oh yeah! We should make you drink milk and have something to eat."

It's a good thing that there are cat foods available at the convenience store so they were able to feed the poor cat with milk and canned cat food. They let the cat finish his food first before they left.

"You're so cute, tending to the cat as if you understand them. Are you a cat too?"

"Meow." Jongin purred and both of them laughed.

"Don't tell me you're a catboy? Haha. The cat that we've found is only a cat, I'm pretty sure of that but you.. you may really be a catboy."

"I wish I am but I'm not. I just like cats even if my family have three dogs."

"Oh so you have three dogs?"

"Yeah. We have three toy poodles. Their names are Monggu, Jjangga and Jjanggu."

"You have a poodle too? Woah! I also have a brown poodle! His name is Eve. And I also have another dog, a while maltese named Adam."

"Adam and Eve? How cute. Are they a couple?"

"Maybe? I don't know. But they don't fight so maybe there's friendship between them. Ah, I'll show you some of their photos."

"Oh my gosh why does Eve looks like you? He's cute!"

"So you're saying that I look like a dog especially I look like Eve?"

"I just told you that you look like Eve because both of you are cute. Aigoo. Here's Monggu, Jjangga and Jjanggu. They're all big now."

"Woah they're also cute. Why do they look like Eve's cousins? Well I know they are the same breeds but.. nevermind. Anyways they look cute too even if they are already big."

"Ah, now I miss them."

"It's a bit ironic because the catboy likes dogs. And he have 3 dogs at that. Wow."

"Meow." Jongin purred again and Taemin smiled as he patted Jongin's head.

"He finally acknowledged it. Hahaha."

"Fine fine. If you see me as a catboy then I am one. Meow."

"You're such a cute catboy."

 

They were still all smiles after teasing each other when they went to pass on a dark alley.

"Do we really have to go this way?"

"Yeah, we h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter