-Chapter 5-

Let’s only walk the flower road (produce48/female oc)

Nari woke up around seven in the morning, Hitomi and Minju already awake. The two girls were talking about something, based on from what she heard, Minju was teaching Hitomi the right pronunciation of some korean words in the text of 'Pick Me'. The other girls were still sleeping, Chowons hand hanging from the bed making Nari laugh quietly. The girl was tired. Yesterday she couldn't sleep at all from the nervousness, making her practice over and over again until 4am when her body finall decided to give up making her go to bed. Her breath was getting shallow, hands shaking she went to brush her teeth. The time was going by way to quickly for her liking, the time of grade evalution getting closer and closer. All the girls were up and practising everything again before everything starts. 

"All right, the grade evalutions are coming up so please follow me."

One of the staffs said, all of us following her, everyone going in their assigned class. The room was filled with other trainees from C class, a camera waiting infront of the wall with Produce 48 logo on it. All the girls were waiting on the side, some still whispering the lyrics to themselves. Nari sat down in the back trying to focus on the lyrics. She was hoping to boost her grade by singing ALL the lyrics, korean and japanese. She practised them a lot, still more confident in singing then dancing. 

"Ok, we are ready, can the first trainee Son Eunchae go up?"

The girl stood up, turning the camera on. All C class traoinees were sure she was going to go up, she helped everyone with the dancing and was also a good singer. After dhe was done, the next trainee went up, and then the next one came. Soon almost all girls were done, some better and some worse. Nari knew she was going to go soon, so she focused on calming her self down.

"Next one up, Kyun Nari please."

Nari stood up. All eyes were on her, or at least she felt like that. She the cxamera and prepared herself. The musice started. She tried her best dancing and singing. She became a bit more confident when the japanese lyrics came on as she sanged them all. She could feel all the mistakes she made from just because she was nervous and was mentally scolding herself. When the song ended, she quickly turned the camera off and sat back down. Eventually, all the girls were done. The staff started to clean everything as the girls went back to the dorms, suddenly a staff memeber came up to them asking if they could follow him. 

------

Nari was standing alone in the small room, the staff handing her a phone.

"You can call anyone you can."

"Really?"

Nari smiled happily, taking the phone and quickly dialing her brothers number. It ranged for a few times before she heard the familiar voice.

"Hello?"

"Oppa!"

"Nanari! How are you doing there? I'm sure you did good! But make sure you sleep enough ok?"

"Ok oppa, I miss you so much."

"I miss you too Nanari...mom called yesterday, she said that she is proud of you."

"Really? I thought she didn't want me being on this show or even being a trainee."

"I thought so too, but she sounded really happy so maybe she changed her mind. I hope you are eating enough, did you make any friends yet?"

"Yes I am eating enoug and yes I did make some friends. A girl named Lee Sian and I'm getting closer with Hitomi. Don't worry about me oppa, I'm fine."

"All right, have fun and don't forget that I love you."

"I love you too, bye."¨

"Bye."

Nari ended the call. Talking with her brother calmed her down a lot, he just had the effect on her. After the call she made her way back. Some girls weren't in the dorm yet, so she assumed they were still calling with someone. Nari knew that all the trainers were probably re-evaluating them right now, but she could care less. She was happy and was ready to face everything that came in her way. 

-------

All the trainees from the C class were gathered in the room. It was time to announce the results of the re-evaluations. Everyone was extremly nervouse. Nari was pretty sure she moved up, the other trainees told her so and she was quite confident as well. Cheetah entered the room, all the results were in her hands. Everyone bowed.

"Hello."

The eyes of all the girls were lingering on her, waiting for her to announce the results. 

"I've watched the videos you submitted. Based on what I've seen on the video, we have decided the final grade."

The whole room was filled with tension. Every trainee hoping to get a better grade. 

"There are 12 who went up."

"Whoaaa..."

The trainees exclaimed, twelve people were a lot.

"The ranking of class A trainees will be announced after everyone from class B, C, D and F moves up. Without further ado, let's move to the finall grade."

All the trainees were called one by one, everyone receving a card with their name, the grade written inside. Every trainee bowed while taking it, peaking inside and then sitting back down. 

"Kyun Nari."

Nari stood up, taking her card and opening it slightly, seeing the grade before sitting down.

"Those who recived an F, please move to the F class."

Five trainees stood up, exiting the room. Nari looked at them turning the corner. She was glad she wasn't one of them.

The trainees continued to go to class D, Nari wasn't one of them. The next one was class C, all the trainees are staying in place waiting to see who will come.

"Minju?"

Nari whispers, she was glad her friend moved up. They smiled at each other, Minju sitting down beside her. The trainees with finall grade B started to move up, Nari however wasn't one of them, she stayed in the C class. She was mad at herself for not improving. The only thing she wanted to do was to break down in tears, but she stayed sitting with a poker face on. It wouldn't be fair for her to start crying, she didn't move down so she shouldn't be sad, but she did. She promised her brother that she would move up, but failed, what was she when she couldn't even keep her promise. The girl sighed as she wached the trainees leave. 

"Trainees who receved final grade A, please move."

Nari looked around her. Hitomi, that was sitting beside her, stood up and left the room. Nari was happy for her, she really did deserve it after all. The class A will start to go to their class based on what grade they recived. Nari was curious about who will go to their class, she knew that class A trainees had a lot of pressure on them due to being 'the best class'. Only four class C trainees stayed in the class, the other girls were sitting on the side, all looking at the door, waiting to see who moved down. A pink sweater in the door. 

"Kwon Eunbi..."

Nari couldn't belive her eyes, she was so talented. When she saw the girl perform she knew she would debut without the doubt. Hoéw could she move down to C class? She had tears in her eyes and looked quite sad. As soon as she sat down she started crying. Nari was looking at her, thinking if she should comfort her. She decided to wait until all the trainees moved to their new class. After everything was over, she slid over to Eunbi, hugging her from the side. She didn't say anything, just hugged her, letting her cry on her shoulder. Eventually, Eunbi stopped crying, Nari squeezed her one last time.

"It will be aright."

And with that she left. Not hearing the quiet thank you that left from the mouth of the girl sitting on the floor.