-Chapter 1-

Let’s only walk the flower road (produce48/female oc)

First rays of the sun began to appear on the tops of tall office buildings. The streets were almost empty, except for a few early birds walking to who knows where. 

 

A song can be heard when you pass by one of the buildings, it's windows closed, except for one, from which we can hear the newest song from a girl group called Mamamoo, Starry Night. As we go closer, we can hear someone singing along to the track with a honey like voice that has a slight rasp to it. The sound of soles squeaking against the wood floor getting louder and louder. And if we listen closely enough, we can hear the grunts with each and every little error that is made within the choreography. "Ahhhhh!" The early bird exhales as she makes yet another mistake. "I will never get this part right." She mumbles bangs falling in her eyes. 

 

The names Kyun Nari if you're wondering. Seventeen years old.

 

Yes, her vocals are stable and she barely makes any mistakes in the lyrics. The attractive voice alluring anyone who passes by. But the choreography is a whole another story. She keeps making the same mistakes, her moves are not as sharp and powerful as she wishes they would be. She was supposed to be a singer after all, not a dancer. 

 

She quickly grabs her phone, dialing a number, before placing the iPhone 6s to her ear. After a few seconds, the person answers. 

 

"Yeoboseyo?" 

 

"Unnie, I can't get the choreography right. Do you think I should just refuse the offer?" 

 

"Oh come on Nari-ah. You're talented. So what if you can't dance as well as sing? I'm sure you're going to improve fast with your determination. You know what? Wait for a bit, I'm going to help you." 

 

"Thank you so much unnie, I don't know what I would do without you."

 

"Probably cry in despair every time you can't do something on the first try."

 

"Yah!"

 

She yells at the person, who already hung up on her. She turns of the phone and sits down on the floor, waiting for the said person to arrive. After a while, the doors of the practice room open, and a woman walks in. 

 

"Wheein-unnie!" 

 

The black haired girl exclaims loudly, before bolting up and hugging the older, yet quite shorter woman. 

 

"Hey Nanari, where are you having problems?"

 

"Just before the chorus, I always get the movements mixed up, it's like my feet and hands cannot function properly." 

 

The younger girl whines while playing the exact part of the song again. She had heard it at least a billion times this day, since she kept messing it up. The blonde woman nods before showing to latter the moves, while explaining them step by step. After a few moments, the younger has already picked up most of the moves, finding the part a whole lot easier, thanks to the help of her short haired unnie. 

 

They chat for a bit after they finish, before Wheein has to leave, due to some girl group stuff. The black haired girl falls in deep thoughts again. 

 

She was still thinking about her CEOs offer. 'Produce 48' she thought, deciding whether to go or not. She was confident in her singing. Many people complimented her voice before, and she was training to be a singer for almost three years. (Imagine her voice like something like a mix between Wheein and BIBI) Her dancing however, was a struggle. She was never meant to dance, the company took her on as a singer, not an idol, not a dancer, a singer. Hence why she was so nervous and hesitant. 

 

She watched Produce 101 on the TV before, and she saw how hard everyone trained. The dancing was a big part of the show, so she was sure it would be the same this year. Luckily, her CEO told her about the offer pretty long before the start of the idol show, so she could decide, and have a lot of time for training her dancing skills (If she decides to go). Her only experience that had to do something with dancing was a dance class she was forced to participate in during middle school, and she was quite sure that wasn't the standard for a show such as Produce 48. The fact that her teacher complimented her when she was eleven and was dancing to a child song with her classmates, and probably did it out of pity, couldn't be taken as a proof of her dancing skills. 

 

She had to admit it was easier than she initially thought, but her dancing didn't look so fluid compared to others, she was stiff and couldn't sync her lower body with her upper body no matter how hard had Wheein, with the help of Moonbyul, trained her. She couldn't rely just on her singing, and that made her worried. 

 

If you asked her to fo to a singing competition, she would happily comply, but this was something different. The girl sighed once more, before deciding. She opened the door of the practice room, heading to her CEOs room, ready to tell him her decision. 

 

*knock knock* 

 

"Come in!" 

 

She heard from the other side of the door. A quick deep breath, and she opened the door. 

 

"Ah, hello Nari. Why are you here?"

 

"I decide to do it. Produce 48 I mean."

 

Her CEO, Kim Do Hoon, smiled before standing up. 

 

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. I hope you will enjoy being on the show, representing our company. As I told you earlier, you have almost a month to prepare before the show starts, so please don't waist your time and focus solely on preparing enough. I know you're going to have problems with dance due to never practicing it, but I'm quite sure you will do great so don't give up too fast. The whole company wishes you luck." 

 

"Thank you Do Hoon-nim, I won't disappoint you." 

 

Or at least she hopes so.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

——————

1012 words

——————