-Chapter 4-

Let’s only walk the flower road (produce48/female oc)

The day was getting closer to ending. Everyone was exhausted from filming so long, desperate to get some sleep so they could train tomorrow. Nari was tired as well, but she decided that once they will get assigned their rooms, she will try to practice some dancing, as she lacks in that area. The staff was walking around, fixing everything, and preparing the dorms for trainees to stay at. Nari bid goodbyes to Sian, as she went to one of the staff members to ask where is the restroom. 

"Go through that door right there, turn to your right and the first door should be the restroom."

Nari thanked him and walked to where the guy pointed at. After she entered the restroom, she opened one of the stalls and closed it behind her, when someone burst through the doors. Nari didn't hear anything for a while, until the sounds of sobbing reached her ears. 

'Is someone crying?'

She thought, opening her stall to see who the person was. On the floor in one of the corners of the spacious room was sitting a black haired girl with her head in her hands, knees pressed against her stomach. The door of the stall creaked as Nari opened it more, the girl raising her head in panick of someone seeing her in such state. Her make-up was smeared, eyes puffy from the tears. Nari couldn't recall if she saw her somewhere. 

"Hey...are you ok?"

Nari asked, the girl however didn't respond, burying her head in her knees, continuing to cry. Nari went out of the stall completely, making her way to the crying girl, sitting beside her, putting her arm around her shoulders, making her head lean on her. 

"I can only assume what happened to you, but I susspect it has to do something with your score right?"

Nari asked in a soft voice. When the girl nodded slightly she continued. 

"Don't be so sad about it, this is only the start, you can only improve and get better from this point on. I know I lack dancing so I will practice harder than anyone, if I don't make it in the end, at least I'm going to know I gave it my all. So what if you got a F or a D? You can move up to C, B or even A and surprise everyone. Don't focus on the bad stuff, belive in yourself and overcome all the obstcles and difficulties in your way. I f you worry about not debuting in the finall group, don't worry too much about it and try your best no matter what. So what if you don't debut? Then you're just going to continue being a trainee, getting better and better every day. I'm sure if you're not going to give up, you will debute eventually. Did you watch sixteen? The survival show that Twice debuted from? Did you know that Jihyo, the leader of Twice trained for 10 years? And now she's in one of the most famous groups in korea. That just shows you that you should never give up. I hope you won't give up when you have such a big chance on making your dreams come true. Keep your head high and belive in yourself no matter what."

The girl stopped crying, but still had her head down. Nari stood up, walking to the door. As she opened them, she turned around to the girl, who was still sitting on the floor. 

"Hey, cheer up. Don't sulk there like that. Don't forget what I said, keep your head high. Don't let anything stop you from reaching your dream."

And with that she left the restroom, leaving the girl alone. 

--------

Nari was waiting on the instructions with all the other trainees. The coaches already left, leaving them alone. Nari was quite nervous about who she's going to end up with in the dorms. One of her nervous habits was visible, as she kept cluthing on her new bright yellow t-shirt with the letter C, her name and the name of company she was under. Her train of thoughts was interrupted by the voice of one of the staff workers.

"All right, everyone, please pay attention now. The rooms you have been assigned to are shown right here. Every room has the trainees name beside the doors, please check you are in the right room before settling inside. The rooms are assigned based on your rank, so if you are the only C class in a room full of A classed girls, you are probably in the wrong room. The rules that apply to the dorms are hanged in each of your dorms, so please read them and stick to them. Now please move to your rooms without making any necessary noise."

With that all the girls grabbed their bags and headed to the dorms, some talking to each other, already making friends and bonding on same likes and dislikes. Nari was walking towards the end, hoping to be in the same room as Sian, as she was the only person she somehow knew. As soon as they got close to the dorms, all the trainees tried to find their respective dorm, creating a slight mess. Nari finally found her name beside one of the doors. 

(I don't know who was with who in dorms exept a few, so I'm going to make the occupation in this dorm myself for the sake of the story so please bear with me and don't get mad, thank you!)

"From C class Kim Nayoung, Noe Yamada, Hitomi Honda and me, and from D class Kim Minju and Han Chowon..."

Nari muttered under her breath. She was sad that Sian didn't end up in the same dorm as her, but was glad that Hitomi was there, as she talked with her for a bit before. She didn't know the rest of the people in the dorm, but all of them looked really sweet and nice when she saw them on the stage or around. 

"Hello..."

Nari entered the dorm, greeting the people already inside. When she looked around she reelised she was the last one to enter. The only bed that was left was the one on the dresser in the left corner. She quickly placed everything inside the dresser, trying to be as fast as possible. After everything was done, she patiently waited for the staff to tell them to go to the practice rooms. Nari was determined to move up in the ranks no matter what. 

"Please go to your practice rooms, the staff will lead you."

All of the girls stood up and went outside, Minju and Chowon going to the D class practice room and the rest of the girls going to C class practice room. Most of the girls were already there when they came in. After all of the C class trainees were here, the door opened, revealing...Bae Yoon-jeong. Nari unintentionally flinched seeing her serious face.

"Hello."

"She is no joke..."

She muttered under her breath, already nervous. Other two trainers were in the room as well, helping the girls to learn the choreography. Once they ran over all the steps, Bae Yoon-jeong decided to test them if they learned it. She divided them in groups, the first one already starting to dance.

"1, 2, 3, 4,"

She started counting, all the girls trying to dance as well as they could, wanting to please the teacher. Yoon-jungs eyes caught every little mistake. Never missing even a slight error within the dance.

"Hey, do it over. One more time, Seo Yeon."

"Again." 

"Don't spread your hand open. Yes like that."

"Gosh, you..."

"No, no! Wait."

"You have to put more of an honest attempt into dancing."

"Get it together ok?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The whole class was having a hard time learning and memorising the moves. Nari being one of them, as she never trained in dance before, makiíng her frustraited when she could't do almost anything right. She glanced at Hitomi that was dancing right beside her. Her moves were fast and clean, the dancing on beat and she made almost no mistakes. She had to admit she was getting a little jelouse. Pushing those feelings away, she tried to be happy for her.

"Eun Chae and Hitomi. I want just you two to dance."

Everyone looked towards them. Nari remebered both of their performances, they were good in dancing. She was quite surprised they were only in C as she could see them in a B class. 

"All right. Let's have a Korean trainee and a Japanese trainee do it."

Joon-jung said, the music starting to play. Both of them started dancing, and Nari could see the difference between them and the rest of the class.

"Ok...both of you are doing much better than I expected, so I was so shocked."

"Thank you."

The two trainees replied, a small on their faces, who wouldn't be happy to be praised by Joon-jung. Everyone started to dance again, memorising the dance as quick as they could. The time they had to train with the teacher was over quite soon, making some of the trainees return to their dorms.

 Everyone was exhausted by the training, just wanting to rest. Nari was no different, her body ached and all she wanted to do was go to her bed and sleep for the rest of the day, but she promised herself that she was going to improve no matter what, so she stayed with some other trainees in the practice room. Her main goal was to learn all the lyrics as fast as possible and that focusing on her dancing for the rest of the day. She had the advantage of learning Japanese in her free time, which made the whole memorising process a lot easier and faster. She had the lyrics down in 30 minutes, and focused on the choreography for the rest of the day. Once they all had to leave the practice room, she kept practicing dancing in the dorm room, wanting to perfect it. She stoped around 11 pm, going to bed after everyone else. Hitomi was practicing the lyrics in her bed using a small light to see what was written on the paper, so she decided to do the same. At 11:30pm she stopped and closed her eyes, wanting to get a good sleep for the next day. As she was drifting away to sleep she promised herself once again that she was going to move at least to B class.

'I will show them.'